Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No leveling heirlooms for BfA

So during the past 2 expacs we always got some heirlooms that we could use to lvl in the next expansion, in MoP we had weps from garrosh that scaled to 100 before the start of WoD, in WoD we had trinkets that scaled to 110 before Legion launched, they arent the same as normal heirlooms that can be upgraded to max lvl a few pathces into the expac, wondering why they gave up on them

EDIT: ok i think some people dont understand what i wanted to ask, so i redid my original question.
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-02-02 at 02:47 PM.

have they? i havent seen anything on that.
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    So during the past 2 expacs we always got some heirlooms for lvling in the next expac, in MoP we had weps from garrosh, in WoD we had trinkets, wondering why they gave up on them
    Nothing has been said about heirlooms yet.

Because as of Legion (or was it WoD?) all old heirlooms scale up to max level. So there is no need for other heirlooms really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Because as of Legion (or was it WoD?) all old heirlooms scale up to max level. So there is no need for other heirlooms really.
    you have to upgrade them first. I still have lvl 60 ones i havent upgraded

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    you have to upgrade them first. I still have lvl 60 ones i havent upgraded
    Ye but point is they are there for those who want and can afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    have they? i havent seen anything on that.
    well usually they are released by this point in the expansion

- - - Updated - - -

ye but they dont scale till 120, they usually become scalable to max lvl later into the expac, these were scalabe to max lvl from the start

Ye but point is they are there for those who want and can afford them.
    true i just left a few that i wont use undone

- - - Updated - - -

well usually they are released by this point in the expansion

- - - Updated - - -

ye but they dont scale till 120, they usually become scalable to max lvl later into the expac, these were scalabe to max lvl from the start
    ahh.. i came back late in WoD after pre-orders were out so I did not know when they actually came out ty

Stitched Up Heart

7+ Year Old Account
    ..... Why should they need to make "heirlooms" for the next expansion?

All it does, is stop people from using some of the rewards given from the new leveling experience and will only reduce the rewards, that you feel you are getting when leveling to 120.

Besides, if you really want to, you can proberly use the legendaries going up to lvl 119, so if you really don't want to use the gear you gain from Zandalar or Kul'tiras, i guess you can cling on to those.

Edit: I would ofcourse love to see more heirloom items into the game, so that we might get a full set of gear at some point, but i think heirlooms for new leveling content is dumb in many aspects.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ..... Why should they need to make "heirlooms" for the next expansion?

All it does, is stop people from using some of the rewards given from the new leveling experience and will only reduce the rewards, that you feel you are getting when leveling to 120.

Besides, if you really want to, you can proberly use the legendaries going up to lvl 119, so if you really don't want to use the gear you gain from Zandalar or Kul'tiras, i guess you can cling on to those.

Edit: I would ofcourse love to see more heirloom items into the game, so that we might get a full set of gear at some point, but i think heirlooms for new leveling content is dumb in many aspects.
    you are probably right with the legendary part

So during the past 2 expacs we always got some heirlooms for lvling in the next expac, in MoP we had weps from garrosh, in WoD we had trinkets, wondering why they gave up on them
    first, and only, question: source?

or just opening a thread with a loose coupled idiotic assumption, without any reason, just to fill mmoc databases and show the world, how much of a moron you are?

hopefully not...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They added a third "Weathered" upgrade level to all heirlooms allowing them to go to level 110 with patch 7.2.5 back in June 2017. So no, they haven't given up on them at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    i think heirlooms for new leveling content is dumb in many aspects.
    Agreed. The point of heirlooms is so that you can repeat content more easily on alts after you've already done it on your main. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to have access to heirloom gear that scales to level 120 before you've actually levelled at least one toon to that level already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

or just opening a thread with a loose coupled idiotic assumption, without any reason, just to fill mmoc databases and show the world, how much of a moron you are?

hopefully not...
    What does he need a source for? The items are in the game....
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

True. But do we really need them? I guess they are kinda nice since they give you an edge over others while leveling, but then let's remember that the same goes for any kind of gear (as the heirlooms from Garrosh and from WoD dungeons? don't give bonus exp just stats). Our artifact has the same name colour as heirlooms so... xD We've got one frigging powerful heirloom right there! For the first few quests atleast...

heirlooms in legion were not available to level from 100-110 until further into the patch cycle when people would be playing catchup with friends or leveling alts. iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be wrong but I think the WoD BoA were added later in the expansion like a few months before Legion. I could be wrong though, that was a while ago.
    If I'm right, then they still do have time to add them in, who knows what they would do, maybe weapons to replace our artifacts or maybe a ring or something, who knows. As others have said, "Do we really need them?" probably not, I personally liked them for leveling alts that had fallen behind in the previous expansion or new alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Well, it's pretty clear that Blizzard don't want the leveling to be as fast as it used to. I doubt you'll see many more heirlooms in the game.
    You might get a discount on boosts from the ingame store if you're lucky though or maybe even XP boosts for real money. That seems way more likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, it's pretty clear that Blizzard don't want the leveling to be as fast as it used to. I doubt you'll see many more heirlooms in the game.
    You might get a discount on boosts from the ingame store if you're lucky though or maybe even XP boosts for real money. That seems way more likey.
    those heirlooms didnt give +exp

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

hopefully not...
    Ooh. We've found grumpy bear. Think he needs a hug.

Sure the OP could have stated 'so far'. for the rest his stated facts are not wrong. Unless I'm mistaken. Where the flightpath heirlooms a Legion thing?

those heirlooms didnt give +exp
    Nope but they did decrease your time to kill by a lot in some cases. One of the main issues with leveling after the latest patch. Killing anything takes ages.