Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Might as well have a single government then if there are no borders, correct?

Peace
    Why would we need a single government? I certainly dont want the same government as you, so why should we be forced to be a part of the same one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nobody is pro UNCONTROLLED immigration, and if you's have to live under the circumstances these people have to endure, you'd be violent as well.
    So if i do illegal shit you have to accept it in your country? cuz im violent? libsy please

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    So if i do illegal shit you have to accept it in your country? cuz im violent? libsy please
    That's not what i said at all, try reading, "rightsy".

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    I'm not sure that's what the other poster is saying at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    The following article is worth a read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42912670

For anyone that is pro uncontrolled migration and wonders why there is so much push back against allowing these people in, please take a look at the pictures and tell me you would feel safe with them living next door to you

These are not refugees these are illegal immigrants in a country that helps genuine refugees, France, and yet they are perfectly willing to break the law, use violence, and now firearms, to get their own way

You really want that coming to a place near you?
    Sigh.

You know what I don't want next to me? A tiny little event that apparently no one heard of called the Las Vegas shooting.

You know what else I don't want next to me? All of the school shootings (14 this year already in the US).

Yes, sometimes there are immigration problems. You know what is actually far more common? Violence by the native population.

Congratulations, you found a problem with immigrants. If you dig deeper, I'm sure you can find a dozen more articles on violence by immigrants over the past 5 years or so. Guess what though? There are hundreds of mass shootings in the US every year...and most are not actually linked to organized crime.

There is this interesting passage in a book that the vast majority of Americans claim to hold dear:

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." - Matthew 7:1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why would we need a single government? I certainly dont want the same government as you, so why should we be forced to be a part of the same one?
    Even if it is your “dream” form of government my friend? One man’s dreams is a another’s nightmare.
    From years of experience of observation, I have learned it is just a matter of perspective.

Peace

Deport the illegals at once. I would encourage their sympathisers to move out alongside them..

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Even if it is your “dream” form of government my friend? One man’s dreams is a another’s nightmare.
    From years of experience of observation, I have learned it is just a matter of perspective.

Peace
    That is why I have no desire to force my dream on others, I only expect the same in return.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Deport the illegals at once. I would encourage their sympathisers to move out alongside them..
    Another option would have them(sympathizers) volunteer to temporarily house and feed them. I am sure they could use the help.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We have a few libertarians here who advocate no borders.
    At that point its anarchism, since there are effectively no systems of any kind in place.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Yes, sometimes there are immigration problems. You know what is actually far more common? Violence by the native population.
    Only if you go by absolute numbers. So yes, 80 million people are doing more crimes all in all than 4 million people. But if you look at per capita statistics middle eastern/african migrants are doing much more crimes than the native population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Yes, but isn't he saying Brits don't want to pay for Euro tunnel security and let France to deal with it without financial help?(and if this is true, how they believe that brexit will solve this problem) I am confused honestly
    Yes. Current UK policy tends to revolve around having and eating cakes simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    At that point its anarchism, since there are effectively no systems of any kind in place.
    That's also not actually true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I see what you meant. I shall rephrase. I base it on the free markets, not personal bigotries like racism and xenophobia.

As far as I'm concerned, the more free the markets, the better.
    Though not uncharacteristic, the egotistical approach seems gratuitous, and kinda bugs me when I was presenting issues around the welfare of others, which require a bit of empathy.
    Not to argue against any actual point, since we're probably on the same side of the aisle on this one, but I think the approach is stylistically poor.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Though not uncharacteristic, the egotistical approach seems gratuitous, and kinda bugs me when I was presenting issues around the welfare of others, which require a bit of empathy.
    Not to argue against any actual point, since we're probably on the same side of the aisle on this one, but I think the approach is stylistically poor.
    Here's the thing about empathy when it comes to government... it's actually a selfish endeavor. I can help others, and often do, without the need of government intervention to do so. Of course, one would also hope that the government also stay out of the way when trying to help others.

I do not lack empathy, merely lack the desire to have the government be the mechanism in which I manifest it.

As for my personality failings, I'm very well aware of them. I'm also fine with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    we know, it's not really news. But I'm quite sure you are not french. so you wouldn't know about their standing decades old contract with their old colonies. so having these problems stems from building ghettos since 5 decades ago and not caring about it. I don't have much pity for them. also you're making elephants out of mice. "Uncontrolled" migration doesn't happen. But the word sure is loved by politicians to push some agenda.
    You reap what you sow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Huh when did you get tired of saying cheers?
    IKR Even if it struck me as ironic. I did wonder why he didn't simply make it his signature; but after time the effort to write it after each post really stood out
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    The following article is worth a read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42912670

For anyone that is pro uncontrolled migration and wonders why there is so much push back against allowing these people in, please take a look at the pictures and tell me you would feel safe with them living next door to you

These are not refugees these are illegal immigrants in a country that helps genuine refugees, France, and yet they are perfectly willing to break the law, use violence, and now firearms, to get their own way

You really want that coming to a place near you?
    This is standard European hooligan culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I am not sure I understand. You are saying that security problem lies on shoulders on country, from where immigrants are coming and not where they are coming?
    What I mean and I think you do too is this, we shouldn't have to pay to reinforce France's security on THEIR end of the tunnel. We should spend it over here, on our side where the migrants in France are trying to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    What I mean and I think you do too is this, we shouldn't have to pay to reinforce France's security on THEIR end of the tunnel. We should spend it over here, on our side where the migrants in France are trying to get to.
    The problem then is once they are "here" it can take years to send illegal immigrants home, if it can be done at all

Plus you have the added cost of the legal process that they can drag out all the way to the European Court of Human Rights..

Thats money that would be better spent on dealing with genuine refugees
    Last edited by Maybach; 2018-02-02 at 02:25 PM.
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

THe jungle in Calais has been around almost as long as I have, Frances official stance I think was "if they riot we can send in the army" which is, again I think, the same attitude they have to all of their unhappy citizens except the taxi drivers (for some reason)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.