Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    The Devs who obviously favor the Horde?

Yet another proof that this is true. Has been the same since vanilla

7+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with you, OP. It is an asinine requirement for players who skipped Legion and want to start a fresh with BfA. The allied races are a feature of the new expansion and not of Legion so it shouldn't be tied to any large requirement/undertaking from there. It's obviously no deal for any of you whom have already grinded Legion to Kingdom come... the way I see it, it only exists as a means of prolonging playtime by strong-arming returning players for extra subscription time (or perhaps to serve as "a sense of pride and accomplishment"...)
    I know I am but a fish in the ocean but I'm glad to see others sharing my view.

How long would it take to grind rep from, say honored, to exalted with the various factions anyway? A few weeks of steady every-day grinding? I bet there's a lot of RNG-bullshit involved what with world quests, elite mobs etc.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2018-02-02 at 01:30 PM.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

It's really not such a big issue. I have all factions at exalted across 3 characters and I'm a lazy player. I'm pretty much only doing class hall missions and the weekly quests because I want the shards.

From the countless threads that I read on the wow forums and here, those that complain are trying to get the rep needed in a single day or something. It's not going to happen. Instead, take a deep breath and play casually. You will get the rep in time.

Dailies and rewards locked behind rep was always a thing. Suddenly when it involves races (that should be considered as a reward for reaching exalted, like a mount or a tabard) ,people go mad.

If I was a returning player and I wanted to play as one of these races, it would suck, sure. I however, will just quest and get the rep needed untill I get it eventually.

When I started playing the game, I wanted the netherwing mounts, even though it belonged to the previous expansion (and was a long grind). Guess what? I actually did it instead of going on the forums and complaining that it takes some effort.
    Last edited by Nevrex; 2018-02-02 at 01:10 PM.

On the one hand, I'm annoyed I have to grind out rep. The new allied races look like a fun skin (and interesting racials; some of them). So I don't want to have to rep grind. I can see what people are saying when they suggest you should complete the STORY of Argus, but NOT rep grind.

On the other hand, it's not that difficult, and there are a lot of ways to GET the rep. And allied races are not the end-all be-all of the game. Just an interesting new skin to play as. Plus: it's all just a game!

So while I'd PREFER this all be done with story only (and no rep grind), I think I'll live

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    I'm a 970 Holy Paladin that raids 3 days per week in a semi hardcore guild on Ravencrest-EU. Most of my day is spent on work so i cannot easily farm reputation, however that's not the problem, given time it is obviously doable. The thing is that reputation farming is completely and utterly below me. I do not wish to spend my time killing mobs or doing moronic world quests (that i already have done at least once) in order to unlock something that should have been open and free since it's considered one of the expansion's main attractions. Can you imagine if something like that happened back in WotLK ? Like, asking players to get exalted with the Argent Dawn before being able to play as Death Knights or asking players to get exalted reputation with Gilneas before being able to play as a Worgen ? It's a terrible design decision. I literally want to give them money to Race Change a few of my characters and i cannot.
    If your a 970 paladin, raiding 3 nights a week..... what have you been doing for the last 4 months that Argus has been out?

You telling me you don't do Emissaries on Argus, your weekly quests for Argunite(to fish for trinkets) or even do Order Hall missions? I call bullshit, people keep creating some new argument to support their agenda. But this one is the most hilarious, you would be exhalted with both factions by pure accident just from doing the Argus story and any Emmisary when its on Argus for the last few months.... your not even trying lol

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck, it takes piss all time to get exalted with Argus. They BOOSTED rep gains on Argus. It used to be only Mac'Aree for Argusian rep, now it's most of Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I don't have an active account. I mostly hang out in off topic.
    I haven't played the game since early Legion days. When I jump back in it's only casual for a few months to try out the new expansion.
    I don't want to waste time grinding for things that should be implemented from the start.
    Then quit the game.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Holy fuck, it takes piss all time to get exalted with Argus.
    So how long would that be, exactly? Realistically, if you do everything you can daily?
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs
    What, you still don't have that rep? I'm probably exalted on 6 chars and I only do the wq's if there is an emisary quest and the weekly Greater invasion.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests?
    By doing the content when it's released instead of ignoring it until the last minute. I've been exalted with Argussian Reach on my main since December 4th. I'm honestly surprised there are this many people who don't have a SINGLE toon exalted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokonda View Post
    So how long would that be, exactly? Realistically, if you do everything you can daily?
    Conservatively, a month tops by just clearing the story and doing regular WQs.

If you do every AR & AotL emmissary that appears, clear out the 3 argus zones of all WQs every day and do every rep token mission that appears in your Order Hall you can prob do it in 2-3 weeks.(Or less, considering the boosts to rep gain in 7.3.5)

I only returned in late Nov (after blizzcon basically) and I've two characters exhalted with both Argus factions. I didn't start one until I had finished the other, so it took me roughly a month each and I didn't clear every zone religiously every day because I got bored or had other things to do out of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    If your a 970 paladin, raiding 3 nights a week..... what have you been doing for the last 4 months that Argus has been out?

You telling me you don't do Emissaries on Argus, your weekly quests for Argunite(to fish for trinkets) or even do Order Hall missions? I call bullshit, people keep creating some new argument to support their agenda. But this one is the most hilarious, you would be exhalted with both factions by pure accident just from doing the Argus story and any Emmisary when its on Argus for the last few months.... your not even trying lol
    Why would i do Emissaries lol... I did each WQ once and that was enough. Why would i fish for trinkets i have a 985 Eonar's and a 960 Tarratus. I don't dabble with Facebook minigames either. I don't bullshit either for any agenda, i just stated my current situation. The Argus storyline didn't get me over friendly mate, get your facts straight.
    For the Glory of Mankind

Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs
    TBh i'm not seeing the problem with it. If you played for any length of time in legion you probably already have all the reps maxed. I'll give you my experience. I had all the reps maxed like 1-2months into legion(same with the argus ones after they became available on live). I got the BfA prepurchase and took me like 45 min to unlock both horde allied races. Yesterday i used the 110 boost that came with the prepurchase on my monk that was lvl 17 i think. Then i logged on it went to the alliance embasy and my maxed reps from horde side counted for the achievements needed to unlock the allied races. So another 45 min to unlock both new alliance factions.

The only ones who'll have to play a bit are people that literally just started playing Legion now and within a month they'll have access to em aswell. And it's gonna be the same thing with the blood trolls and dark iron dwarves. I guess within 4-6weeks of BfA launching everyone will have the prereqs for the questlines done. If you wanna grind the rep as painless as possible the darkmoon faire is comming up so get the items for extra rep the and power through it in a week or 2 and you're done. Also remember to do you table missions for rep tokens with the 200% bonus. If you have more than 1 char doing that just send all the tokens to the char you wanna power level the reps. It adds up stupidly fast.

Edit: Forgot to add this is comming from a mount collector that hates wq's( need the extra rep boxes for the mounts) and even i can still stomach it.
    Last edited by Tyresias; 2018-02-02 at 02:07 PM.

Boring is subjective. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Why would i do Emissaries lol...
    Oh right, you just logged in after 7.3.5 and had all your legendaries magically turn to ilvl1000? Or wait, you told your raid you'll be coming every night in 970 legendaries because you can't be arsed doing Emissaries so you'll be late with your upgrades.

I assume on your 3 night schedule, you have all legendaries already and have capped your AP/crucible traits also.

Basically you just don't do anything in the game except raid 3 nights a week, but suddenly something you want requires you to do a difference piece of content and your up in arms....... cool story bro.

My heart bleeds for your edge case scenario.

i left the game after getting class mount, so before opening of Tomb of Sargeras (8 months ago give or take)

i came back in 18 Jan, for the first time went to Argus. I'm already exalted with them. So... 2 weeks?

the how is already posted here

- WQs that give 2 tokens 250 = 500rep
    - Order hall board missions that offer 250+750 rep = 1000 rep < to have this you have to do the missions quests (complete mission X) to unlock this type of board mission
    - Emmisary - 1500 rep
    - Weekly quests - 1000rep
    - BoA rep tokens from invasion bosses (7.3.5)
    - Argus Rare Elite WQ offer both reps now (7.3.5)

yes alot is RNG but its easy to do, if you want only Argussian Reach Rep you need to check 3 things on World Quests

1. the top island is 100% Argussian rep
    2. do all Rare Elite WQ on the 3 islands
    3. check on the 2 islands (the 2 bottom ones) the non blue normal WQs, 90% of them are army of the light but 10% is Argussian Reach < this is a easy miss from many players

was it fun? not realy because of argus but is easy doable

Deleted
    Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests?
    Don't know man. All those void elves I've seen in SW must have hacked the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well this sums it up well... Era of instant gratification, if you don't get what you want fast, you cry in some forum to try and rally people to confirm your own unimportant point of view.

You have till september to grind rep, similar to how current players grinded theirs. I think you can make it to exalted before the next expansion comes out, even with the hand holding of the rep increases in 7.3.5.

Curse blizzard for having you play the game!
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2018-02-02 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Oh right, you just logged in after 7.3.5 and had all your legendaries magically turn to ilvl1000? Or wait, you told your raid you'll be coming every night in 970 legendaries because you can't be arsed doing Emissaries so you'll be late with your upgrades.

I assume on your 3 night schedule, you have all legendaries already and have capped your AP/crucible traits also.

Basically you just don't do anything in the game except raid 3 nights a week, but suddenly something you want requires you to do a difference piece of content and your up in arms....... cool story bro.

My heart bleeds for your edge case scenario.
    I use 2 legendaries pal, it didnt take more than 2 weeks for them to get to 1000ilvl with just raiding, so no. Also, yes, 970 legendaries wouldn't make a difference for Normal-Heroic Antorus since it is rather easy.

As i said i use 2-3 legendaries, everything else is weak.

Basically i do the content that interests me. I never had to farm rep in order to access the new shiny races in any past expansions and that's my problem, stop trying to be edgy mate, you fail miserably at it.
    For the Glory of Mankind

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came back a week ago or so and am only 3k into honored for Army of Light. I left the game during Nighthold. All my followers are 850 or below. I am working through the story now. Just got to Mac'Aree.

How long should this take me? I am trying to get my followers up in ilvl so that I can get the rep tokens from missions but that is a ways off.