Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

We can ABSOLUTELY pretend WoD never happened

Title says it all.

Everyone seems to agree it had good background story and aesthetics for the orc clans and draenei, and interesting enemies in the form of the Primals/Breakers, Arakkoa and Gorian ogres, but a rather rubbish core plot with the handling of the Iron horde's behavior and the characterization of its leaders.

Here's the thing.

We can ABSOLUTELY stick all the Orc clan aesthetics and other bits from WoD like the High Arakkoa and Gorians and even Primals / Breakers on pieces of Outland that we just hadn't discovered yet.

Phase/Instance them to use them as start zones for races or as new questing zones similar to Argus.

We NEVER have to speak of the AU and its terrible time travel nonsense again.

"But Sky, what about Yrel?" Well sometimes to save the body you have to hack off a few limbs, forget Yrel you have Commander Fareeya and the Lightforged now.

"But Sky, we can't just pretend it doesn't exist! It's a whole planet!"
    I say, OH NO, A TERRIBLE MAGIC SHOCKWAVE FROM SARGERAS STABBING THE WORLD HAS DISCONNECTED US FROM ALTERNATE DRAENOR What a terrible shame...

And the Dark Portal goes to Outland again, the REAL Draenor and we're all happy.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My sympathies - but Gul'dan and Cordana Felsong are always going to be your proverbial "mother's token" that keeps WoD a relevant part of the WoW continuity. I agree with you on most of what your say out of a shared disgust for what WoD became, but it was unfortunately not just a fever-dream and *did* actually occur. "Chronicle Vol. 2" went pretty far in merging the WoD setting with that of MU Draenor, meaning some aspects you're referring to are possible still for Outland, but as long as the narrative bridge of Gul'dan exists you can't entirely close the book on WoD and declare it a black box for the game's lore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    But why do we have to pretend it never happend?

Im not saying, that good things happend there and that we should try to take ideas from that expansion, but since Blizz pretty much killed off 95% of the reanimated characters from the past anyway, there is still alot of potential using the premise of Dreanor and the characters within that universe for something good.

Like atm, we are lacking good dreanei and orc characters, stuck with Velen and Saurfang as our only good representators from these races, so why not let Yrel go on some adventures in our land together with Grom maybe? Have Grom change a lot from his original design and instead become a wanderer of sort together with Yrel, where they fight together with the player character as a neautral meeting point.

Also, there is literally an army of Dreanei on the other side of the dark portal, so that entire people could play an interesting role aswell, if Blizzard is up for playing around with the idea of humans not being the only race with a big city under their name on Azeroth

So yeah, fuck what happend in WoD and let it burn, but since it happend anyway, why not keep the options open, so that if Blizzard actually want to create good story at some point, they have the options from Dreanor aswell as the rest of the worlds in WoW
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I always have, lol.

Gul'dan is ours but got ressed / it's his spirit, Cordana was Khadgar's friend and Maiev's "subordinate" but betrayed them both in legion pre-events, Maraad died offscreen or has left to search for Med'an.

I think that 3 are the only connections to our timeline?

Is it weird that I want every WoD to make an appearance on Azeroth except orcs and draenei?

Sadly, just like Illidan and Sargeras' retcon, whatever happens on the internet, stays on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I always have, lol.

Gul'dan is ours but got ressed / it's his spirit, Cordana was Khadgar's friend and Maiev's "subordinate" but betrayed them both in legion pre-events, Maraad died offscreen or has left to search for Med'an.

That's somehow better than all of WoD, too.

The only time I'd ever condone Blizzard just writing it all off into a book.

Calling it now, WoD was just the PTSD fever dream of a dying Maraad that caught the plague or the void or generic plot to kill a character #439.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I always have, lol.

Yes or Gul'dan just appeared out of nowhere and we don't know his origin. May be he never truly died in the first place who knows.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they let us quest in Legion at 90-110, then we can "ignore" WoD. Until then, it's part of the process. (Boosting/battleground spam isn't really story-mode).

And no I am not complaining about 90-100 leveling as it's easy, and with flying+treasures+now scaling loot it's fine.

Deleted
    What is wod, I don't remember? I wake up with swets some times is that why?

Quote Originally Posted by envenger View Post
    Yes or Gul'dan just appeared out of nowhere and we don't know his origin. May be he never truly died in the first place who knows.
    IMO, I always assumed that if the Skull of Guldan had the power to make Illidan half demon, Guldan was demon enough to be reformed in the nether.

Food for thought.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    If they let us quest in Legion at 90-110, then we can "ignore" WoD. Until then, it's part of the process. (Boosting/battleground spam isn't really story-mode).

And no I am not complaining about 90-100 leveling as it's easy, and with flying+treasures+now scaling loot it's fine.
    There's gotta be a way to get around wod? I was really upset that the new scaling didn't let me hit pandaria at 90 and do that 90-100

Deleted
    I actually enjoyed WoD a lot, sure it didn't have a lot of endgame content, but it was pretty enjoyable to me.
    Last edited by mmocc387cb6485; 2018-02-02 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

I say, OH NO, A TERRIBLE MAGIC SHOCKWAVE FROM SARGERAS STABBING THE WORLD HAS DISCONNECTED US FROM ALTERNATE DRAENOR What a terrible shame...

And the Dark Portal goes to Outland again, the REAL Draenor and we're all happy.
    i agree with some points and partially disagree with others (iam biased i really want arakkoa moonkin form), but that line there made me laugh out loud during my lecture here. thanks for the morning laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Sadly, just like Illidan and Sargeras' retcon, whatever happens on the internet, stays on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

That's somehow better than all of WoD, too.

The only time I'd ever condone Blizzard just writing it all off into a book.

Calling it now, WoD was just the PTSD fever dream of a dying Maraad that caught the plague or the void or generic plot to kill a character #439.
    off topic i know: but ive been trying to read what the text in your profile pic is for a good 15min, and I just cant do it. It is driving me crazy, can you just type out here what it is? insightful minds would like to know
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked WoD, It just didn't have enough to do for me at Endgame. The Story was enjoyable.

You can't change history or erase it, no matter how much you want. All you can do it live with is and learn from it for a better future.

Deleted
    I'd rather forget Legion ever happened.

WoD was fun to play, it just missed content. You people understand nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

I laughed so much at this.
    But yeah. It's a damn shame because draenor looked beautiful and gave us a ton of lore through the breakers/primals, the arakkoa, the ogres, the orcs, the draenei, the void, etc. But it was wasted on a confusing premise of timetravel through alternative dimensions that I think should refrain from spilling into the main plot as much as possible. Gameplay aspects aside, that expansion also created the mess about one legion in all dimensions; cut farahlon; made yrel go from 0 to hero because of cut content; did not deal with grom's crimes because it decided to make him the good guy at the last second; made archimonde the last boss.

We'll see what comes out of the new "draenor orcs" allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'd rather forget Legion ever happened.

WoD was fun to play, it just missed content. You people understand nothing.
    Similarly, Wildstar was fun, it just wasn't a good game. You people understand nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    IMO, I always assumed that if the Skull of Guldan had the power to make Illidan half demon, Guldan was demon enough to be reformed in the nether.

Food for thought.
    Exactly, there's just no real reason to go to AU Draenor except from re-introducing the Orc heros of the past.

The things i would take away from Draenor to outland is the Apexis society (not the crystals. Please NOT THE CRYSTALS!) And BRF And Highmaul...

The raids imo were great and you can imagine demons corrupting HFC on outland and turning it into what it is on Draenor...

Madness will consume you!!!

Horrible experiences are the most important ones to remember.