Poll: Best Allied Race Candidate for Pandaren?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There are no "allied race for *insert race*." You're thinking of the fan theory for subraces. Allied races don't HAVE to have a base race.
    Most allied races are/will have at least somewhat a connection with an already existing race, even if they don't share the same animations/etc. The exception being void elves and night elves.

Also, assuming mogu ever become an allied race, I doubt it would be the pandaren bringing them into the fold...

I'd go for the Jalgar.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jalgar

The progenitor of the Furbolgs.

They wouldn't be that hard to introduce. We could find some on an island that survived the Sundering. But even better, they are bears. So they could go with some sort of "We found a clan of hibernating bear creatures trapped below the ice!" or something. Slumbering for ages fits the bear theme, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Also, assuming mogu ever become an allied race, I doubt it would be the pandaren bringing them into the fold...
    Yeah, but pandaren are still part of each faction. Wouldn't it be fun to hear some banter between them and mogu?

If you're just talking about a neutral faction allied race, then there might just need to be 2-4 different races you can choose from depending on your faction choice, that are all grouped together in one category box on the character creation screen. Hozen/Mogu and Jinyu would have to align with Horde and Alliance respectively, I couldn't see it being any other way given the quests in Pandaria (although the explanation for Nightborne joining Horde is kind of an ass-pull, so who knows). To balance it out, I think Yaungol would be the only other least lore-bending candidate for the Alliance.

The allied "race" in this case could just be called something like "Pandaria's Natives" and just include the choice between Hozen or Mogu if you go Horde, or Jinyu or Yaungol if you go Alliance.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-02-02 at 03:08 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tortollan, only because those are actually relevant to BfA. I don't think they really go back to many old expansion races unless it's a long asked for one like Dark Iron/Brown Orcs.

Everything you've listed here would be a Race, not an Allied Race.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Yeah, but pandaren are still part of each faction. Wouldn't it be fun to hear some banter between them and mogu?
    That would be definitely be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Most allied races are/will have at least somewhat a connection with an already existing race, even if they don't share the same animations/etc. The exception being void elves and night elves.

True, most Allied Races have a current connection, but saying that is a rule in the future is a stretch. We have no ideas about the plans for future Allied Races. Perhaps the next ones are completely unique. Some might call that just a new race, but being allied allows them to be put in quicker with no starting zone.

They don't necessarily feel like an allied race - at all - but Jinyu would be cool, huh?

Deleted
    Mogu are awesome.

Was always bummed that I couldn't join them instead of the Pandaren side in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There are no "allied race for *insert race*." You're thinking of the fan theory for subraces. Allied races don't HAVE to have a base race.
    Going off what we've seen so far - they do. It's apparent Blizzard wants to use a good deal of the base race's animations and not do anything custom like a "fresh" race. Otherwise the Nightborne race would've just stayed as we've seen in game as NPCs the whole expansion instead of basically copy pasted from the Night Elves and tweaked from there. Compare the faces of the NPC Nightborne and then look at the NPCs in Suramar.

They want to reuse as much as possible. Which is also why the Vulpera were probably built on the Goblin skeleton. Etc.

Void Elves, Highmountain and Lightforged are even closer to their "parent" race. Could've got away with just giving the base race some extra tattoos/horn/hair options really...

Taliesin speculated that all the NPCs in the embassies might play a role in recruiting an allied race for their faction.

Assuming that's the case, it wouldn't be that far a stretch for Aysa to recruit the Pearlfin jinyu, which have already sworn fealty to the Alliance and have a destroyed village.

Although I would personally prefer furbolgs.

you forgot about the Mudmug race.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Tortollan or Tuskarr.

Both appear like they could actually be rigged to use the panderan skeleton as a base

Mogu for Horde, Jinyu for Alliance.
    Twas brillig

For Mogu, Lorewalker Cho and maybe Ra-den find a hidden cache of Mogu and a titan device that lets for feed them information. We give them everything that has happened, with the Titans in the beginning, at the Seat of the Pantheon, and the events of MoP from both sides and the pandaren side. And waken them, we talk, and they decide to be neutral just the panda.

Some want to be what Lei Shen wanted and rebel are killed, and maybe some escape.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu for Alliance, Hozen for Horde

Unless Blizzard leave Pandrians out and they wont have one :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I would choose Tsukar or Tortollan

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu for alliance and saurok for horde.