Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So what happens if you do the Lorewalker Cho ancestor quest with Nightborne/HM Tauren?
    I suppose Nightborne would see mix of Nightborne and Night Elves. HM Tauren just the different Tauren breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And the retreating is exactly the part that is the betrayal. This was planned (by the factions) to be the battle to push trough and close the portal under any circumstance and the horde pussied out. The Alliance we're doing good on the ground until Sylvanas pulled out her archers, they even called in their gunship for an assault (later used for escape because of the Horde's betrayal) and we're close to breaching the Tomb.
    Realistically though, it was the best thing they could have done. If the Horde had stayed, they were already getting pushed back heavily and would have been overrun (I personally believe Varian realized that when he looks up at the cliff to the numerous demons in the cinematic), ergo the Horde archers still aren't there to clear the skies for the Alliance footmen, and by the time Varian realizes that the Horde couldn't hold back the demons, they would be too deep towards the Tomb to retreat to the gunship. So both Factions lose all of their leaders and portions of their armies, no one is around to make wine for the Nightfallen, and Azeroth dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    Mount only drops for 98+ though
    What ?

Is this new, or was it already implemented last year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And the retreating is exactly the part that is the betrayal. This was planned (by the factions) to be the battle to push trough and close the portal under any circumstance and the horde pussied out. The Alliance we're doing good on the ground until Sylvanas pulled out her archers, they even called in their gunship for an assault (later used for escape because of the Horde's betrayal) and we're close to breaching the Tomb.
    The main problem was that the plan was completely stupid to begin with (idk if the entire plan was Dreadlord-forged)

Argent Crusade going there alone, only attacking from one side.

And what did they even plan to do when they got to the Tomb? Close the portal? How exactly? Just bomb the Tomb? Do they not see the Felstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    What ?

Is this new, or was it already implemented last year ?
    Last year, only drops from the epic box. You get a rare box for lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    The new Quillboard, the Sethrak and the Tortollan don't have textures like that, and what Wowhead did is nothing new or unique, you were able to do that in wowmodelviewer since forever because those models are inside the "Character" folder, meaning that they are coded in a way that you can put player armor on them, the Vulpera are inside the creatures folder, that's what is interesting because not a lot of creatures have the texture made that way.

Of course Blizzard can do whatever they want, and if they decide to make for example the Sethrak an allied race they will do it, but it's really interesting to see that for now the models that have textures like the ones for the playable character are:

Bloodtrolls, because obviously they are "just" reskinned trolls with new armor.

Squidface cultists, I imagine it's because they are based on the undead model, altho they have a full painted squidface on the right of the texture instead of half the face.

Vulpera, same animations as Goblins, but the Goblin texture is still the old one without the giant face on the right because they haven't updated them yet.

I keep digging from time to time to see if something more appears!
    Do you think they would implement Sethrak or Vulpera as they are now considering they don't have separate eyeballs like the updated playable races (at the exception of the goblins and worgen who are to be updated soon anyway)?
    I mean, the nightborne were also like that in legion, yet they created new models that resemble them as an allied race. But considering they already knew their premise for BFA, wouldn't it make sense that they would make the models player ready from the start if they were thinking on implementing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    no one is around to make wine for the Nightfallen, and Azeroth dies.
    ^ This is gold!

Lets look at like this, if the alliance leader gets stuck like a pig.... would they sound for retreat or be like "this is fine" and carry on pushing? Regardless of whether they were on the ground or up on the hill, losing your leader would create a snap decision to save your faction or push on and potentially lose it all.

Sure, that stupid mutt Greymane may have decided to Yolo on and leave Varian bleeding like a pig on the floor but its just as likely he would have called for retreat to save his King and the alliance army as a whole. Leaving the horde alone and "betrayed"....

The alliance had accomplished nothing at that point, they were literally just killing fodder in front of the temple and could only do so as long as the horde held back reinforcements and cleared the skies. Whether we sounded retreat and left when Vol'jin took an arrow to the knee or we stood our ground and got wiped out 5mins later, the outcome would be the same for the alliance.... they get overrun, try to escape and prob all die instead of just man-mode Varian.

In no way was sacrificing the horde to give alliance 5 more mins killing trash going to accomplish anything other than deleting one of the game's faction lol

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    oh btw, this isn't a happy gloat, but i was right.

i told you fuckers that nightborne faces were done. you were too optimistic, you should learn to be a cynical realist like me.

now we need to swarm the forums and get those eyes narrowed, like the npc eyes.
    Hey now, remember that a LOT of the faces on the updated player models in wod were updated in a later patch. Most dwarf female faces, draenei female faces, some human female faces ... So there's at least one very small possibility that they are not done.

Oh good, we're back to debating who to blame for the defeat at the Broken Shore. It's only been a couple of days, so it's high time I guess.

Anyone in for some "It's Alpha/Beta" action after that?

remember? https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Yrel-to-Yrelka

(Draenor... orc... was in front of us all the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Besides, I'm sure there isn't actually a huge difference between the rigs besides one having bones for the flying animations, and the other not having bones for the flying animations.
    They animate entirely differently on the ground, everything from walk, run to /mountspecial.

Like I said, the flying is not paramount to how the mount animates on the ground. I'm curious to see where they've gone with other models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Hey now, remember that a LOT of the faces on the updated player models in wod were updated in a later patch. Most dwarf female faces, draenei female faces, some human female faces ... So there's at least one very small possibility that they are not done.
    well, swarming the forums to complain is the only thing that will get any action taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Oh good, we're back to debating who to blame for the defeat at the Broken Shore. It's only been a couple of days, so it's high time I guess.
    Only because someone suggested that the Burning of Teldrassil would happen only in the book, while ingame, you'd only get a "Horde burned it down, go bash each others' heads in" without any ambiguity about what might have happened.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    I would still love to see Lor'themar as Warchief. I think it could lead to interesting storytelling and actually bring some importance back to Silvermoon and Quel'thalas.
    I don't. Because he doesn't embrace the Horde values,

I couldn't get behind him as much as I can't take Sylvanas seriously.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't. Because he doesn't embrace the Horde values,

I couldn't get behind him as much as I can't take Sylvanas seriously.
    Fair enough. I've just always wanted to see what kind of story could be written if the Horde actually had a "proper" diplomatic leader who was used to the actual politics and nuances that are usually associated with Leaders/Kings/Etc instead of the typical "honorable but damaged and agenda driven" leaders the Horde have had.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    So, alpha/beta might be planned for this weekend.
    Based on??

Rastakhan for new Warchief. Let's just have the Horde become the new face of a revitalized Zandalari Empire!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Only because someone suggested that the Burning of Teldrassil would happen only in the book, while ingame, you'd only get a "Horde burned it down, go bash each others' heads in" without any ambiguity about what might have happened.
    This isn't old WoW for events happening in outside media not to be represented in game.

Anyway, I'm gonna switch topic to Elune (last time I remember talking about her was pre Blizzcon).

I think that she is some outer unique Celestial being (only of her kin). Eonar probably named a world under her protection after Elune (Elunaria) and that's where the Tear of Elune originates from, still created by Eonar but named after Elune.

HOWEVER, I did come up with a theory that Elune is a light (nascent?) titan that got cleansed from/resisted an old god corruption (and ascended to a celestial being?). Elunaria is the world in which her soul was originally. Eonar later found the world completely uncorrupted among other corrupted worlds (as seen in the Elunaria skybox) and built up a safe-haven for herself. This would mean that to some extent the Naaru are also titanforged creations (think there is some mentions of Elune being similar to them, maybe creating them from her light) and make even more sense to the shadow vs light/Voidlord vs the Light lore.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Rastakhan for new Warchief. Let's just have the Horde become the new face of a revitalized Zandalari Empire!
    And in turn, Jaina as the new High Queen of the Alliance?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    "Revitalized", just because we're exploring it doesn't mean it's revitalized after the Cataclysm. The island is still slowly sinking and only the Zuldazar part belongs to the Zandalari Empire now (not the whole zone now that Naga are invading).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread