Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some are going to hate Trump no matter how much good he does.
    Huh..Going by your logic, shouldn't Obama be like super Trump? No?

And I am confused by this "record" economy thing? What "record" have we broken?

"Scratches head".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Hell Jeff Bezos made 6.5 billion the other day, his current wealth is at 120 billion
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how those who ignored better economics only a few years ago when they were records, now care about it.

Deleted
    Uhm... Maybe don't use a piece that calls the development for January underwhelming, to push that it is record levels (words that were never uttered).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Interesting how those who ignored better economics only a few years ago when they were records, now care about it.
    Also been a long time since we've had to talk about U6 numbers and labour participation as well. Guess Trump is so good, both simply are 0 %

Technically Trump also stopped the civil war. I mean he is the president and the civil war ended in 1865 and now its still not going thanks to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    If we ignore all the countries whose economies are doing bad (the standard being lower than the US), then the US is growing slower than most other developed countries!!!!

This is some quality education right here.
    I guess if we compare the U.S. to Nigeria, it's growing exponentially!

I was comparing apples to apples and excluding the handful of countries that have been in economic downturns for years.

Clearly if the U.S. is doing so well, there's no problem comparing to countries that are also doing well?

Try to use your brain to think about what I wrote before commenting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And lets not forget that the fed chairwoman who oversaw eight years of growth, is leaving. Statistically, there is gonna be a recession, there should have been one already.
    Nah, recessions take time, the bubble has to grow large before it's going to pop.

If anything, Trumpkins should be shitting their pants if growth starts to grow out of control. Growth that goes well beyond the norm is a bubble that will eventually pop when it's not supported by ACTUAL growth. Growth based on trickle down voodoo economics has been failing us thus far.

And of course the only measure by which @Hellboi can applaud Trump on is the stock market...

After he cried about Wall Street Ted and Big Bank Shillary. Funny how short term Trumpkin memories are that they forget they were shitting all over candidates that would only grow the stock market and do nothing for the common man. Now that the stock market is the only thing growing and worker wages are still stagnant, they're applauding it as the biggest economic success in history.

Just goes to show how dishonest they have to be just to stay afloat with their own shitty opinions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You just posted that your taxes were quite a bit lower, for 2017! The tax breaks are not in effect for 2017, but you are creating the tax cut anyway. His response is based on your post... he doesn’t need to know you... your opinion is in black and white..
    They are. Taxes out of your paycheck for 2018. Started this month Feb 1st.

So, when the bubble bursts - are they going to go back and blame Obama/Dems for it?

I'm thinking "Yes" - especially when either Dumbass Dump a) gets impeached b) gets indited and/or c) Gets voted out. The super-rich will freak out that their free gravy-train trickle-up stream of wealth might be endangered and will pull out, causing the initial burst. The supporters of Fuckwit Frump will then blame the dems, and then I'm expecting some sort of series of mass shootings from the really REALLY deeply deplorable section of the Alt-Righters (I'm talking the ones that even some of their fellow alt-righters might find scary) wanting to start another civil war.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-02-02 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Technically Trump also stopped the civil war. I mean he is the president and the civil war ended in 1865 and now its still not going thanks to Trump.
    Are you sure it ever really ended, though? I mean yeah, no armed conflict, but the country certainly seems to be pretty divided still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Nah, recessions take time, the bubble has to grow large before it's going to pop.
    Statistically, there should be one (minor) recession around every four years, we went eight years of constant growth. We're due.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Thanks... so a few pundits said it... good to know. Luckily, we still have time to see if most of those predictions will come true, or not.

Who is going to pay for the tax cuts? I haven't seen the administration come up with a plan to make up for the revenue shortfall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    You do realize that is not the only metric of the economy, right? employment numbers, wages, and GDP seem pretty consistent with the last several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You do realize that is not the only metric of the economy, right?
    It's not even a good one. The DOW is kinda silly, and was created to always go up so people would stop killing themselves during the great depression. Granted, real indexes still show constant growth over the last eight+ years.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They are. Taxes out of your paycheck for 2018. Started this month Feb 1st.
    The maximum bracket change is 3%... a 3% lower tax is a sizable chunk? What’s your state tax?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's not even a good one. The DOW is kinda silly, and was created to always go up so people would stop killing themselves during the great depression. Granted, real indexes still show constant growth over the last eight+ years.
    The Dow is good for people like me, who have a large amount invested in stocks and mutual funds. The Dow going up means very little for most of the working-class in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The Dow is good for people like me, who have a large amount invested in stocks and mutual funds...
    No it's no, it only tracks 30 companies, picked to make sure the number always goes up. Watch the S&P500 or some other index if you want to actually track the stock market average.

-Kujako-

How does it compare to Obama growth at the same period in his terms?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

No it's no, it only tracks 30 companies, picked to make sure the number always goes up. Watch the S&P500 or some other index if you want to actually track the stock market average.
    I watch the S&P, as well as the NASDAQ (all have been doing well). the entire point is that the stock markets as a whole are not a solid indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What actually did he do?
    Lowered taxes and removed a ton of regulation. You know, got government out of the way of business?