Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would like to pretend to. What I'm worried about is the leak for Draenor Orcs for a new allied race...

Hopefully we're going to our Draenor and not "Draenor".

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Horrible experiences are the most important ones to remember.
    Like how horrible and shitty WoD was on the day it released? xD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Like how horrible and shitty WoD was on the day it released? xD
    I've waited forever for that Garrison tree to spawn...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Similarly, Wildstar was fun, it just wasn't a good game. You people understand nothing.

False premise. If a game is fun, it's good. It suceeded at it's function.

Long term retention and content support, aka the service is what failed.

That is what happened to WoD. I dunno about Wildstar, it never interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Is it weird that I want every WoD to make an appearance on Azeroth except orcs and draenei?
    Blook for warchief.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Horrible experiences are the most important ones to remember.
    PTSD is hardly curable. You can suppress it for some time, but in the end... it... always... gets... back.

No, we can't.

It wasn't a "filler" expansion like ignorant memelords like to spew, events taking place on Draenor led into Legion. It was a shoddy work for a multi-billion company to put out, and they should be held responsible accordingly.

If they had just kept it entirely separate and given the Warlords what they deserved in terms of story development and sendoff, the expansion would've been much less of a thorn in the side I believe.

They made Kargath into a ¤%%# loot piñata...

Deleted
    Still salty about Maraad dying for no effing reason. In his place we got a generic female draenei who can't even contribute to the story (...thank God?)

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Blook for warchief.
    I miss Blook! And that one Saberon gladiator!

The end of WoD basically should have had the other races of Draenor basically saying "Wait, the orcs and draenei are allying with each other!? Fuck this shit, we're coming with you!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Still salty about Maraad dying for no effing reason. In his place we got a generic female draenei who can't even contribute to the story (...thank God?)
    Tbh I feel like his death would have had more meaning if they kept the scrapped plotline of them being lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'd rather forget Legion ever happened.

WoD was fun to play, it just missed content. You people understand nothing.
    Unlike with WoD, I can at least understand that Legion Happened. Mostly with Tirion's, Varian's, Vol'jins, Kil'jaeden/Archimonde's, Ysera's, and Gul'dan's deaths, as well as Sargeras' Imprisonment.

Also, WoD sucked. Stop denying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and btw, WoD happened. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can pretend all you like, but its still gonna be there. And we're getting draenor orcs, so its set in stone, ha.
    #boycottchina

conisdering it was venture to Draenor in WoD that lead to legion, kinda hard to ignore. And hey i liked WoD in some ways more than legion, heck in some ways its my fav xpac or tying WotLK.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I want to clarify, I'm not suggesting we retroactively say it didn't happen, but movin forward in the story I'm suggesting we use Outland and fragments of the world we haven't been to yet for everything related to Draenor, rather than involving the terrible time travel.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I want to clarify, I'm not suggesting we retroactively say it didn't happen, but movin forward in the story I'm suggesting we use Outland and fragments of the world we haven't been to yet for everything related to Draenor, rather than involving the terrible time travel.
    That I agree with wholeheartedly, personally speaking.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Going back to content / characters from previous expansions is not exactly a common thing for Blizzard, so there' that.

To be honest, i find this topic simply strange, i disliked BC due a lot of aspects but i wouldn't start to hope that Blizzard simply ignores this expansion from a Lore PoV.

As long as it makes sense, i'm fine with that, ignoring things because they belong to something that is disliked is not the proper way to tell a story.

Pretending WoD never existed is like pretending Middle Age nevere existed. We must accept that this shitty xpac happened , we all can learn something from past events , good or not so good. Lets be honest for players was awful, but in game-universe it was an important period and this give us a lot of opportunities , just get rid of that attitude of "this feature remember me of that xpac, who care it is actually fun ?, I'm not gonna touch it".

Title says it all.

Everyone seems to agree it had good background story and aesthetics for the orc clans and draenei, and interesting enemies in the form of the Primals/Breakers, Arakkoa and Gorian ogres, but a rather rubbish core plot with the handling of the Iron horde's behavior and the characterization of its leaders.

Here's the thing.

We can ABSOLUTELY stick all the Orc clan aesthetics and other bits from WoD like the High Arakkoa and Gorians and even Primals / Breakers on pieces of Outland that we just hadn't discovered yet.

Phase/Instance them to use them as start zones for races or as new questing zones similar to Argus.

We NEVER have to speak of the AU and its terrible time travel nonsense again.

"But Sky, what about Yrel?" Well sometimes to save the body you have to hack off a few limbs, forget Yrel you have Commander Fareeya and the Lightforged now.

"But Sky, we can't just pretend it doesn't exist! It's a whole planet!"
    I say, OH NO, A TERRIBLE MAGIC SHOCKWAVE FROM SARGERAS STABBING THE WORLD HAS DISCONNECTED US FROM ALTERNATE DRAENOR What a terrible shame...

And the Dark Portal goes to Outland again, the REAL Draenor and we're all happy.
    Who is going to tell him that there are rumors we might get some WoD orc clans as allied races?!?!

Maybe it's because I decided to thoroughly skip WoD (returned during ToS) after Pandaria, but when I (rarely) visit Draenor, it's kinda cool and I really want to dive in the quests and stuff, it looks and feels cool. Garrison is annoying (OH are simplified and leagues better), shipyard is so shallow in its function (still don't have shipyard lvl 3 for the heirlooms), but everything else is amazing. I guess it's parts because for me it's fresh.

Without WoD Legion would not have been as awesome unfortunately.

we cant. not with Ion "dreanor orcs allied race" comment from the Q&A
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor