Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    No one wants you on WoW either to be fair.
    Nice comeback. Sorry I don’t like the whiners who constantly populate the forums with this ‘content drought lul’ idiocy.

Every expansion has had content drought. BfA is slated to have the least of all of them barring maybe BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Nice comeback. Sorry I don’t like the whiners who constantly populate the forums with this ‘content drought lul’ idiocy.

Every expansion has had content drought. BfA is slated to have the least of all of them barring maybe BC.
    No one cares. Stfu.

The "WoW is in a drought!!!"-crowd will always find a reason to bitch and whine.

Even now they vehemently maintain that "we'll have Antorus for 12 months", when 1) No and 2) There's been more added after Antorus released, and we'll perhaps even see even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The "WoW is in a drought!!!"-crowd will always find a reason to bitch and whine.

Even now they vehemently maintain that "we'll have Antorus for 12 months", when 1) No and 2) There's been more added after Antorus released, and we'll perhaps even see even more.
    Because they appear to be people whose whole life revolves around deriding a game that they don’t really play anymore. I mean you get a little jaded playing since vanilla and seeing the same bullshit pop up expansion after expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I wouldn't call Legion a failure either. If the disgusting amounts of RNG, Legiondaries, Ability Prune and poor balance hadn't have soured the experience for me it would probably be the best expansion since WotLK.

I meant that they failed on the content drought - again. Even with a massive team.

I'd bet my left leg there won't be any more MEANINGFUL content between now and BfA.

They've even time-gated the new BG.
    Well, that gets into muddy waters of what's considered "meaningful" content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Man the entitlement is strong these days.
    Learn to read before you try it with the insults. Like I stated above, I'm happy with what the game currently has to offer for me. On that note...

Words don't work the way you want them to unfortunately
    Liking certain things and doing them does literally make them content. Mount collecting, achievement hunting, competitive raiding, leveling, doing dailies, grinding rep

This is all content, just not necessarily content you want to do.
    Read my original comment again. I never said it wasn't content! Just that it wasn't new content. Which it isn't.

Man the illiteracy is strong these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Imonaboat13 View Post
    I wasn't saying it's additional content (though I would argue that different mechanics kind of makes it different content) but that folks hadn't even completed the content that is in the game.
    Well that's true.
    Last edited by Eace; 2018-02-02 at 03:35 AM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    So BfA gets a release date and goes up for pre order, thats a good thing right? I thought so but I have seen some dumb complaints about it today and I don't understand it, some of the dumb complaints I have seen are:

1. OMG THE CONTENT DROUGHT! 8 MORE MONTHS?!
    2. OMG ALLIED RACES ARE LEGION CONTENT THAT YOU ONLY GET WITH A PRE ORDER!
    3. OMG IM A TAUREN AND I DONT GET A FREE RACE CHANGE TO HIGH MOUNTAIN TAUREN!

I mean, what the actual f**k? Is 8 months really that long? Unsubscribe until it's released if you have run out of stuff to do. They give us the option to play allied races early, how is this a bad thing? And why would you get a free race change? That's never been a thing when they have introduced new races has it?
    You can't be that new to the game, you joined mmo-c in 2013. The community has been this way for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

So what does final fantasy do? Do raid Teirs only last 3 months?
    Well it is more complicated than that. There are normal raids and alliance raids each with their own unique raid content and the patches alternate between giving one or the other. Normal raids also have savage difficulty versions that are released with the normal mode and can be played after normal is cleared. We also get extreme trials every patch that are somewhere between normal and savage raids in difficulty.

The patch we got on January 30 came with a normal raid, the savage version, two dungeons, a daily quest faction, a normal trial, an extreme trial, the continuation of the main story and a bucketload of QoL features. Including more stuff for housing and an update to the glamour system(transmog)

Never played Final Fantasy XIV so I cant comment on it, but Blizzard gain nothing from unnecessarily delaying expansions. They are known for releasing content at their own pace or "soon™" and there is no disputing that they produce high quality games and content and though all the people complaining will probably say they don't, most of them are paying a subscription for wow, so if it's not quality, why are they paying? I would rather have an extended patch at the end of an expansion to get a decent start for the next, and sure Blizzard do occasionally drop the ball (WoD) but there aren't many if any game developers that don't make mistakes.
    Don't ask me. I'm not playing. Checked the PTR cause Blizz bascially asked me to but the last time I gave Blizz money was when the Necro DLC came out for Diablo III.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would appear that there are yet others who don't feel that the requirements regarding exalted status is fair. He is making the same point as I do in regards to the need for grinding Legion content to earn the right to play BfA content you already pay for.
    Also, see the comments. Filled with people who are fed up with the incessant rep grind.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2018-02-02 at 08:30 AM.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    To be fair, they promised no more content gaps at the end of this expansion yet we're still stuck with this patch for 12 months, just like lats time.
    Not that odd that people get annoyed when they simply lied to their customers.
    Um, if you still haven't understood it, then let me explain. At the start Legion Blzzard said that they plan to have each raid tier last for 6 months. And they have kept up with that schedule 100% throughout Legion. Antoras released on the 29th of October. If BfA launches at the start of September (last time they announced a vague launch date, we got the stuff before the initially announced date) it will be exactly 9 months. (Yes, we won't get new raids at launch, but we get plenty of new content to keep us busy so it still works) and we have yet to get some more mini-patches onthe way. Yes, 9 months is not 6 months, but this is the FINAL raid tier. It is supposed to last longer. It is the time for players to level alts, have a little lighter WoW schedule during which they can go back to older content, get whatever they have been missing and wanting for a while. Because you know, not everyone can play WoW nonstop and it's a huuuuge game with so much stuff to collect and do.

But either way, it's not 12 months. Whiners stay put.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    New races is NOT content. They're just a new way for you to do actual content.
    What exactly IS "content" anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Um, if you still haven't understood it, then let me explain. At the start Legion Blzzard said that they plan to have each raid tier last for 6 months. And they have kept up with that schedule 100% throughout Legion. Antoras released on the 29th of October. If BfA launches at the start of September (last time they announced a vague launch date, we got the stuff before the initially announced date) it will be exactly 9 months. (Yes, we won't get new raids at launch, but we get plenty of new content to keep us busy so it still works) and we have yet to get some more mini-patches onthe way. Yes, 9 months is not 6 months, but this is the FINAL raid tier. It is supposed to last longer. It is the time for players to level alts, have a little lighter WoW schedule during which they can go back to older content, get whatever they have been missing and wanting for a while. Because you know, not everyone can play WoW nonstop and it's a huuuuge game with so much stuff to collect and do.
    Well, the raid was hidden behind a time gate but thats still 9 + 2 to 3 months without a new raid tier if you want to focus on thoes so 11 to 12 months then if you want to be picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, the raid was hidden behind a time gate but thats still 9 + 2 to 3 months without a new raid tier if you want to focus on thoes so 11 to 12 months then if you want to be picky.
    It's true that Antoras became available only 2-3 months after 7.3's launch but the way you are looking at is incorrect. It's not "the raid was delayed/timegated 2-3 months after the patch" it's "the patch was released 2-3 months earlier than the raid's release". Tomb of Sargeras NM/HC mode was made available on the 20th of June (small correct to my previous post, Antoras NM/HC mode came live on the 29th of November, not October). There were 5 months between the two raids releases. If anything, we got Antoras too soon.

And it's not "we get a raid every 6 months" it's "a raid lasts 6 months". How is it different you may ask? Well, when a new expansion hits, we get another 10 levels and any content from previous expansions becomes obsolete in terms of difficulty and gear. So if BfA launches when Antoras has been out for 5 months and BfA's first raid comes live 1 month after launch, then we could say that "we got our new raid 6 months after previous tier's release" but we wouldn't be able to say "Antoras lasted 6 months" because once you start new expansion content, all previous content is made obsolete, which instantly kills any progression on that raid. Which means the new expansion can't launch before the previous raid tier has been well utilized/progressed/played through. (Now, how much is "enough" is relative and different for each of us, so Blizzard has set the norm at 6 months) However, as you might know, if we get our raids immedietely at launch that causes alot of damage. Such as making everyone rush through new leveling content, dungeons etc. People are too busy getting to the new raids that they forget to enjoy the other aspects of the game that a new expansion is supposed to refresh and make enjoyable for a short while. Enjoying the new zones and all. And as I said, I believe a last tier expansion should be longer than the other tiers because it's the only period of an expansion when players can catch up with stuff. We NEED a short content drought so to say. So players can catch up with the already existing abundance of old content (which includes leveling alts to 110 and doing Legion stuff on them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    You sure do seem like a true Blizzard fan. Me, I'm more than happy to complain. I don't think locking things like large features of an expansion behind rep is in any way acceptable. Then again I don't think locking a bunch of my profession recipes behind multiple rep time-gates (they're gates because I can't throw on a tabard or something and run dungeons to generate rep) is okay to do either.

We get it, Blizzard wants to reward people who have the free time to spend doing all this stuff. What they're really telling us is that for those of us who don't (like the doctor) that this game isn't really for us anymore. We can still play it, of course - they're not going to refuse our money! But to get the most of out it these days you must really spend lots and lots of time. If you don't have the time, someone like yourself will be along to tell us (nicely, granted) that we don't really deserve those things anyway. Yes, the game has always been like this to an extent but patch over patch it has gotten worse.

I will admit that world quests are a big step up from dailies. Professions shouldn't be spread all over the damned place behind rep gates though, and neither should allied races. Toys and mounts are tolerable, but I'll still think ill of whatever Program Manager came up with it.
    I am a Blizzard fan but that's not to say they can do no wrong. I agree with you on all things rep related, I hate that things are gated behind them, I hate that I have to grind that out if I want certain things, but I don't see the point in complaining about things that I cannot change. Don't get me wrong, I literally just this week had an issue on my credit card where they had a problem with their app and they took a payment I made twice, I was literally straight on the phone to them to sort it and when I got through to the generic call center guy who was no help at all I escalated it into a full blown complaint, I got my money back the next working day after the call centre told me it would take at least 3 and I got £20 taken off my balance as a gesture of goodwill. This all happened because I know I have rights regarding that situation, I know that they had an obligation to make it right and not fob me off, but when it comes to WoW, we have no rights to dictate content and Blizzard rarely, if at all, change their methods due to customer complaints, so whats the point? It's not going to change anything and I am just going to get wound up even more, so I choose not to and I don't sweat the small stuff.

At the end of the day, you get out of something what you put into it and Blizzard have no obligation to make content more accessible to those with less time, and sure that sucks, but complaining about it is like overweight people complaining that people that have more time to spend at the gym than them are slimmer. Blizzard could make things take less time, but then those people that have more time to spend in game would actually spend less time in game because they would run out of content. It's all swings and roundabouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    FFXIV has been doing it for both their expansions.

No content drought, time between last patch of base game/first expansion and release of the first/second expansion: a little less than 4 months.

That's with a smaller team and way fewer resources than Blizzard.

So, yeah... 10ish months of no content (and no, new races and new leveling system aren't content) sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize WoW is the only mainstream MMO that goes 9 months without adding content right? Not even Runescape goes 9 months without adding something.

People are tired of content drought's and understandably so. Hell Final Fantasy XIV had a content patch 3 month's for its expansion's release.

IMO Blizzard did really well with keeping content rolling out in Legion but the 9 month drought between now and BFA is a joke. Even more so when EVERY EXPANSION they say there will not be a content drought.
    Again, as far as Final Fantasy XIV, never played it cant comment on how they do it. But as I said to the previous guy that mentioned Final Fantasy XIV as an argument, Blizzard has nothing to gain from intentionally making players wait. They have always released content at this pace and I don't think its ever been faster. They never state that there will definitely not be a content drought, they say they would like to reduce the time between final patches/next expansions.

You say people are tired of the droughts, but they are still paying, wow is still the most popular subscription based MMO out there, no other MMO on the market to date has managed to survive without going free to play the possible exception to this is Final Fantasy XIV though I cant find much info on numbers other than they tend to give out historical subscriptions to date rather than current subscriptions.

Do you think the content drought is intentional?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well it is more complicated than that. There are normal raids and alliance raids each with their own unique raid content and the patches alternate between giving one or the other. Normal raids also have savage difficulty versions that are released with the normal mode and can be played after normal is cleared. We also get extreme trials every patch that are somewhere between normal and savage raids in difficulty.

The patch we got on January 30 came with a normal raid, the savage version, two dungeons, a daily quest faction, a normal trial, an extreme trial, the continuation of the main story and a bucketload of QoL features. Including more stuff for housing and an update to the glamour system(transmog)

Don't ask me. I'm not playing. Checked the PTR cause Blizz bascially asked me to but the last time I gave Blizz money was when the Necro DLC came out for Diablo III.
    I get that, but you are obviously one of the players with sense and intelligence, you know to stop paying for things you don't enjoy rather than crying on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Deleted

What exactly IS "content" anyway?
    According to MMO champion Content is whatever you enjoy doing. So if you don't care about lore new race is not new content.

For me personally content needs to fit two criteria:

1) It is playable (So stat squish and level scaling is not content.)

2) It is something new (so not four difficulties of the same fight)

Orrrrr.

It's the vocal minority mmo champ forumers that, just like vocal af forumers on the official forums. Will constantly come back to moan, no matter what it is, they will consistently keep coming back to moan over and over again. Pretty much until we all no longer exsist in life!

I've said this before, i will say it again.

Those that wine about this, are the types i just told. You cannot satisfy them about ANYTHING! they will never ever get satisfied over anything.

They only live for the controversy.

my poor mission gold slave characters =(

According to MMO champion Content is whatever you enjoy doing. So if you don't care about lore new race is not new content.

For me personally content needs to fit two criteria:

1) It is playable (So stat squish and level scaling is not content.)

2) It is something new (so not four difficulties of the same fight)
    For me races have never been about lore, but about new visuals. Ofc, the lore is a nice bonus.

And if things you enjoy doing are all considered as content, then ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that Blizzard adds to the game is content. Cus ya know, people enjoy different things. If you enjoy leveling, level scaling is the best kind of content you can even wish for. I enjoy it and that is how I feel. Four difficulties of the same fight aren't there to make more content, they are there for the 4 difficulties of retardness level that raiders seem to be experiencing Jokes aside, they are there to provide skilled players with a ladder to climb up. Progression. That is what MMORPG's are all about.

Do you think the content drought is intentional?
    I'm not on the blizzard development team so it being intentional or not I don't know. Its still bullshit that a MMO that is the size of WoW goes nearly a year (sometimes a year+) without a content drop.

Player's defending it are also shooting themselves in the face or not subbing to wow. Consumers should expect more from a product they are paying for.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    For me races have never been about lore, but about new visuals. Ofc, the lore is a nice bonus.

And if things you enjoy doing are all considered as content, then ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that Blizzard adds to the game is content. Cus ya know, people enjoy different things. If you enjoy leveling, level scaling is the best kind of content you can even wish for. I enjoy it and that is how I feel. Four difficulties of the same fight aren't there to make more content, they are there for the 4 difficulties of retardness level that raiders seem to be experiencing Jokes aside, they are there to provide skilled players with a ladder to climb up. Progression. That is what MMORPG's are all about.
    Well of course. Everyone enjoys something so every piece of content is enjoyed by someone. But wait till a patch arrives with dungeons, raids, casual content but no PVP and threads will pop up from PVP fans, saying it has no content. Well we do agree on dungeons but I did encounter people who argued that more difficulties of the exact same dungeon are more content.

Not to bring up the game I shouldn't mention again, but in FFXIV the hard mode version of a dungeon actually continues the story and features different bosses and different dungeon layout.

Well of course. Everyone enjoys something so every piece of content is enjoyed by someone. But wait till a patch arrives with dungeons, raids, casual content but no PVP and threads will pop up from PVP fans, saying it has no content. Well we do agree on dungeons but I did encounter people who argued that more difficulties of the exact same dungeon are more content.

Not to bring up the game I shouldn't mention again, but in FFXIV the hard mode version of a dungeon actually continues the story and features different bosses and different dungeon layout.
    Each type of content has its own pace... We get raids every 6 months, story quests every 2-3 weeks, PvP seasons every what, 5 months? New leveling zones with every expansion. New race or something of that sort every 2 expansion and classes every other expansion.... So when a raid launches, PvP guys can just shut up and suck it up, because they will get their stuff at a different time, all following the grand design of Blizzard. And difficulties in their normal sense and on their own, are not content. Mtyhic + is a new kind of difficulty that brings new ways to play the game. That could be considered content I guess, but.... I would rather call it A FEATURE. The dungeons that this new feature/system applies to are... CONTENT. Well the thing with the diffulcuties is a *difficult* topic.

For me content is either: new additions to already existing systems (as in, the regular new zones, new raids, new races, new quests, new story, new music, new old stuff that we get with every expansion) OR new systems/features (things like Pet Battles, Transmog Wardrobe, Artifacts, Order Halls, Challenge Mode/Mythic+ system, Warfronts, Plunder Islands, Scenarios - systems that will add a new way to play/enjoy the game and can be further expanded in the future with new additions). I guess the addition of difficulties to raids in WotLK can be considered content (as a new feature/system) for WotLK. And while the system has been tweaked slightly (normal/heroic -> LFR, normal, heroic, mythic) I wouldn't call that a new system nor would I say it is an addition to the system. Because the system needs something to play on. A platform - A RAID. Raid is the content. The difficulties are just how we perceive these raids. They are the ruleset of the content. The frame.