Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

disappointing new races

I like the void elf and nightbourne....but tbh the new tauren and draenie are just like the old... same models, same combat animations etc., just with minor cosmetic change.... I feel blizzard just did copy and paste job.... at least the void and nightbourne are a bit different to what we already have... i feel like there's really only 2 new races, not 4. a bit disappointing tbh

What? Void elf are just purple blood elf and Nightbourne just Night Elf not even close about NPC from Suramar. Better they name Copy-paste allied

Deleted
    They're not new races...
    they're new sub races.
    hence why we get so many of them.
    and will be getting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatboss View Post
    I like the void elf and nightbourne....but tbh the new tauren and draenie are just like the old... same models, same combat animations etc., just with minor cosmetic change.... I feel blizzard just did copy and paste job.... at least the void and nightbourne are a bit different to what we already have... i feel like there's really only 2 new races, not 4. a bit disappointing tbh
    They are all connected with the other race one way or the other. Lightforged is just Draenei, Void Elves is just Blood Elf, Highmountain Tauren is just Tauren and Nightborne is just Night elves (though, resized, you can see it on the hair). That is why they are called, Allied races. They aren't fleshed out to be a complete race. They are a side creation of already existing races.

They aren't meant to be considered full new races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I think you misunderstood what they wanted to do with subraces. Some comments above me get it like phailox and gehco.

Deleted
    Quantity instead of quality.

Three new zones. Wow. Bland and small, 2D BACKDROP lol

Four allied races. Wow. Sloth with regard to new animations, skeletons etc.

Quantity before quality is the principle of Legion.

Also, its the main selling point of the expansion and they are out some 8 months before in such an unpolished state lol. Reeks of desperation.

They are not supposed to be "new". They are just subraces.
    That's why they get a small button in the corner. While i agree they could be better, it's just a matter of understanding that they are just minor races to add more flavor to each faction.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

They are sub-races, what did you expect?

Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves will be different, that's why they are not available yet.

It's the Void Elves and Lightforged that are the disappointments. Canadian Tauren and Nightborne are pretty hype.

But... thats what both the elven races are as well.
    Well, at least the nightborn got new skins but the animations are just copies of night elves and viod elves are blue blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They are sub-races, what did you expect?

Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves will be different, that's why they are not available yet.
    Dark Iron Dwarves are already in the game. And I don't mean as NPCs, I mean you can throw them into the character creation menu and they have an array of beards, faces, hair, skin tones, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    They're not new races...
    they're new sub races.
    hence why we get so many of them.
    and will be getting more.
    Indeed, I'm shocked and frankly finding it hilarious of all the people who are not getting this, just because of a simple name change. Reminds me of the nightborne, and people not getting that htey were a new version of night elf, just because of the different name and alternative thinner night elf model - Blizzard called them Allied Race which was better than calling them sub-race as sub-race implies they should be attached to the established playable race i.e "main" race and so you wouldn't have nightborne on horde or void elf on alliance, and also implies they are somehow lesser which is not the intention.

However despite this being the sub-races we have asked for, surprising people haven't caught on yet. And for the few, who still think they are not, they should ask blizzard when we are going to get sub-races and see what they say.

Ill admit. They are disappointing. But I didnt lose anything to get them, nor I pre-purchase BFA for them. Did it all for Tottle... jesus christ. Pay that man for creating such an adorable thing. Im just saying a woman would have put a bow on them... not that wouldnt be terrible. It would just be an overload. Havent riden my new mounts...
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are SUB-races. Not NEW races

Deleted
    There is already a thread about the very same topic in the expansion subforum. Do we really need two?

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.. but I was really impressed by the allied races. When I hear Sub Races.. I just think of a few skin color changes, maybe tattoo options.. but that is really it? But these feel much more fleshed out to me (for sub races). Void Elves and Zandalari Trolls feel really fresh and have some interesting lore ramifications. Also looking at the new human body variants, new BFA races, it looks like this is a beginning and not a concluded thing. That has me very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by mihai25 View Post
    What? Void elf are just purple blood elf and Nightbourne just Night Elf not even close about NPC from Suramar. Better they name Copy-paste allied
    Correct, but at least these are across factions.

“Void Elves” lmao.. they’re just belfs that fell in grape juice. Crack elves get their own models at least. Zandalari are the only ones I’m excited about.

We knew from the beginning that they were not going to use new models or animations. Its just for an extra flavor of skin and background story from already existing NPC's. New playable races like blood elves, draenei, worgen and goblins take far more work to make as they also need their own starting zones. I prefer the former personally but I guess people rather want to see more options thats made with far less effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Allied Races are Subraces. Not New Races.