Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Already forgot 9/11?

He isn't exempt from the law. He served a prison sentence.

The unjust part is where, again, he wasn't automatically granted citizenship through his service.
    From what other posters in this thread have said, it seems that he could have earned his citizenship by going through the proper channels and not being convicted of drug charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Already forgot 9/11?

He isn't exempt from the law. He served a prison sentence.

The unjust part is where, again, he wasn't automatically granted citizenship through his service.

- - - Updated - - -

A German supporting fighting Nazis? The horror.
    Yet bozo criminal couldn't go to the personnel office during basic training to fill out the two forms everybody else has to fill out to apply. They even have people there that will hold your hand while filling it out. For educational purposes I'll link the proper way it's handled. Va would've helped him also before he decided to become a criminal.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-shee...ice-fact-sheet
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-02-02 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    From what other posters in this thread have said, it seems that he could have earned his citizenship by going through the proper channels and not being convicted of drug charges.
    He could have simply been born on this side of the border, but he wasn't. What kind of argument are you honestly making. I shouldn't speed, I shouldn't look at certain content online, I shouldn't swear, I shouldn't jaywalk, I shouldn't have eaten that grape at the grocery store when I was 9 and not paid for it.

Even if you have a hard on for justice, the punishment should fit the crime, the guy served in the military he was willing to invest his very life for this country for which we grant our own citizens often a 2nd chance, this guy should be given that
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    He could have simply been born on this side of the border, but he wasn't. What kind of argument are you honestly making. I shouldn't speed, I shouldn't look at certain content online, I shouldn't swear, I shouldn't jaywalk, I shouldn't have eaten that grape at the grocery store when I was 9 and not paid for it.

Even if you have a hard on for justice, the punishment should fit the crime, the guy served in the military he was willing to invest his very life for this country for which we grant our own citizens often a 2nd chance, this guy should be given that
    Read the post above yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post above yours.
    So the guy is stupid, so he should be deported?

Damn, I am not touching that.

So the guy is stupid, so he should be deported?

Damn, I am not touching that.
    What are you even saying? Our entire legal system should go out the window for this guy because he didn't fill out the right paperwork?

lmao at the person that said "simple drug related crime"... this is when a person has no real life experience in that domain
    and should keep their misinformed opinion to themselves.
    dude was caught transporting hundreds of grams of cocaine...

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even saying? Our entire legal system should go out the window for this guy because he didn't fill out the right paperwork?
    No, what I am saying is that there should be other options besides tossing the guy out of the country.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can't deport me from a country that I don't live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Just think about how ludicrous your position is. You want the law to not apply to this guy because he happened to serve in the military like millions of other people.
    The law already did apply it seems Elba wants him to be made an American not to be given a free pass.

No, what I am saying is that there should be other options besides tossing the guy out of the country.
    He had the option of earning his citizenship and not being a criminal and he failed.

I respectfully disagree with you on this, 99% of the time you are right on but on this, I think you are a wee bit off.

Why should him serving in the military in and of itself make him a citizen?
    I was always under the assumption that service guaranteed/expedited a path to citizenship. The false promises that recruiters provide are already stacked so high. Why break this one?

7+ Year Old Account
    So how much does some one have to give to a country to be a citizen or does only paper work matter? If he had died in the line of duty without doing the paper they should just ship his body to Mexico?

- - - Updated - - -

The legal system has nothing to do with this he servied his time in the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So how much does some one have to give to a country to be a citizen or does only paper work matter? If he had died in the line of duty without doing the paper they should just ship his body to Mexico?
    Yes, there are laws and procedures that need to be followed.

- - - Updated - - -

The legal system has nothing to do with this he servied his time in the legal system.
    It has everything to do with the legal system, he is legally being deported under court order.

There were other options. He could've filled out two forms with help if he need it and not become a drug trafficker. His choices lead to this. If someone can't make good choices then why do I want them here? Especially if they traffic cocaine? He can go work for the cartel in mexico and stay there.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-02-02 at 05:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there are laws and procedures that need to be followed.

- - - Updated - - -

It has everything to do with the legal system, he is legally being deported under court order.
    I can’t say I agree that some one should only be given citizenship if they fill out worthless papers. Acts for a country should speak louder then words on a page.

I can’t say I agree that some one should only be given citizenship if they fill out worthless papers. Acts for a country should speak louder then words on a page.
    Like trafficking cocaine?

Look at the forms @Barnabas linked to on the last page. There was a very simple procedure he could have gone through to earn his citizenship.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Like trafficking cocaine?
    If committing a crime should be grounds for deportaion then America should have a good way to get its prison population down.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the forms @Barnabas linked to on the last page. There was a very simple procedure he could have gone through to earn his citizenship.
    I don’t think people should be able to fight and die for a country and not be counted at citizens because they didn’t dot there i’s no matter how simple it is.

So after reading the article he apperntly has ptsd and a brain injury,
    He might have that but that doesn't excuse him from dealing large quantities of cocaine.

He should have applied for full citizenship. He had years to do it even before he joined the military. If you can't face the consequences don't do the crime, and serving two tours in Afghanistan doesn't exempt you from the law.

It sucks because I really want to side with the guy for being a combat veteran, but he did the crime and how he has to face the justice system.

I'd say being deported is better than serving the full prison sentence, even if he did get off on a plea deal.