Lost about 200 SR since I've gotten 13 2 cp maps in a row...I'm not even kidding this is fucking bullshit

Just had a Genji/Tracer boosted player that was so bad it was like a straight 5v6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing God View Post
    The problem is that the system is buffered to make it really hard to stay in Bronze/Silver.

Bronze - 6%
    Silver - 22%
    Gold - 34%
    Platinum - 23%
    Diamond - 10%
    Master - 3%
    Grandmaster - <1%

This should look more like:

Bronze - 25%
    Silver - 21%
    Gold - 20%
    Platinum - 20%
    Diamond - 10%
    Master - 3%
    Grandmaster - <1%
    Bro, the rating distribution is almost a perfect Gaussian, the system is demonstrably fine. Why the balls do you want more people in Bronze and Silver?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Bro, the rating distribution is almost a perfect Gaussian, the system is demonstrably fine. Why the balls do you want more people in Bronze and Silver?
    He thinks Bronze rather than Gold should be the stepping off point and people should climb from there, rather than step off at average mid rank (gold) and and rise of fall from there. Just a different way of doing things, starting from 0 and everyone progresses to where they should be. Not great for match quality but good for a sense of initial progress. The old system kind of was a hybrid when it placed you intentionally low to “feel good”.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He thinks Bronze rather than Gold should be the stepping off point and people should climb from there, rather than step off at average mid rank (gold) and and rise of fall from there. Just a different way of doing things, starting from 0 and everyone progresses to where they should be. Not great for match quality but good for a sense of initial progress. The old system kind of was a hybrid when it placed you intentionally low to “feel good”.
    Alas, that's not how ELO systems work. I like the current format, it's just like chess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Alas, that's not how ELO systems work. I like the current format, it's just like chess.
    Yeah, same, like I say for match quality the current system is better. When it’s not being fucked op by smurfs derankers and groups with massive disparities.

I'm actually saying, having played at every elo but gm, that the system is biased to make players feel better about themselves and put them in silver/gold for basically nothing and that bronze should be more populated and more players belong there.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-02-02 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually saying, having played at every elo but gm, that the system is biased to make players feel better about themselves and put them in silver/gold for basically nothing and that bronze should be more populated and more players belong there.
    until you hit mid-gold, bronze-gold is basically all the same rank lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    That is what I'm saying, it should denote that with your icon and it would create better matchmaking if the game wasn't fashioned to push people into gold thus creating wild discrepancies in player ability in one tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what I'm saying, it should denote that with your icon and it would create better matchmaking if the game wasn't fashioned to push people into gold thus creating wild discrepancies in player ability in one tier.
    The wild discrepancies are down to Gold being absolutely average, which is where most people will fall. When average players on their best heroes switch to try to create a better composition, they're no longer on necessarily heroes they're at that level, so they can appear much worse than they would be on a more comfortable hero. That in turn leads to whole matches feeling wildly inconsistent when one team are all on their best heroes and the whole other team basically filling.

Throw in that premades, of which there are many and the discrepancies in a group can be very significant.

The matches aren't built around rank name in any case, they're built around the numbers; around the boundaries you'll see a mix of players above and below that boundary, so it doesn't really matter where they place the marks.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Braindead Moira/Ana trying to DPS all game, so much so that I was tagging in on the silver healing medal repeatedly on Soldier.

The thing bothering me the most lately are the "I can do it better" players. 1 particular game, I was "forced" into playing support (I could have picked damage but we had no healer). I go Moira, end round 1 with gold everything: elims, obj elims, healing, damage, objective time. I was focusing healing more than damage but if I saw a Genji running away I'd pursue and damage or throw an orb at an engagement.
    Next round, the Genji on our team with 2 elims (I had 15 at this point) instalocks Moira and then plays her as damage the whole time.
    Had a game tonight where my team couldn't deal with Pharmercy, enemy also has Winston and DVa completely nullifying Ana but yet refuses to go different support that could heal the team around their matrix and dome.
    So damn pitiful again.

Played a match with my friend in gold and had 50% of team damage done, ~75 elims, 6m objective time.

We almost lost because the other DPS on the team was that bad.

This is why I have been saying some people don't belong to be in the middling tier.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got a 144hz monitor. When everyone says you can tell a difference immediately and it makes Overwatch 100% better....they are telling the truth. The movement is just so crisp and vivid, I can actually see wtf is going on. I got a new mouse at the same time, so the combination has me about the same accuracy just with recognizable clips of improvement. At first I felt bad that I had to have all these hardware 'crutches'...but really that's what most serious people use and it reveals you have more ability than you recognize with shit gear.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    This is pretty much true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This is pretty much true.
    Don’t think so, I’ve played now between 1700 and 2450, things are very noticeably worse below about 1900, matches are literally settled by one player who for whatever reason shouldn’t be there. Between there and 2100 people are ok at the game but simply don’t care, it’s QP+. Occasionally you get groups who are sorted and organised and just want out of Silver but not so much as you used to now we’ve been around so long people are settled.

Get around the mid ranks 2100-2300 and it’s an absolute lottery, half the players don’t belong there either because they’re too low ranked or too high ranked either by accident, because they set their premades that way, they’re boosting or they’re throwing or they’re sandbagging. Just everything, just a mess. Get toward Plat, and I start to realise I’m getting at my limits, and I just can’t fight people above around 2700.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-02-04 at 09:03 AM.

-500 rating since last sunday because of people refusing to shoot barriers, people throwing, people playing like bronze players by not counterpicking or picking bad characters, people refusing to pick a good team comp, people intentionally downranking. I think I am done with this game.

People are as skilled as their rating, there's no one wildly out of place unless they're a smurf and that's a rarity. Everyone blames everyone else for failing instead focusing on themselves and trying to work as a team.

Literally every enjoyable match I've played that I can remember has been a friendly team that puts in a tiny bit of effort to work as a group instead of being whiny/rude/throwers.

The solution is damn easy, people need to stop being cunts. Sadly as we all see, it's not going to happen. The game needs to make some forceful changes in order to get OW to a better state.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    People are as skilled as their rating, there's no one wildly out of place unless they're a smurf and that's a rarity. Everyone blames everyone else for failing instead focusing on themselves and trying to work as a team.

Literally every enjoyable match I've played that I can remember has been a friendly team that puts in a tiny bit of effort to work as a group instead of being whiny/rude/throwers.

The solution is damn easy, people need to stop being cunts. Sadly as we all see, it's not going to happen. The game needs to make some forceful changes in order to get OW to a better state.
    “There’s no cure for being a cunt”.

GEtting real sick of having to ask my support to actually heal during a push. Last game, we went in 6v6, 3 of my team died while Lucio kept speed boost up and danced around and Moira threw a damage orb and tried to drain enemies. At the end, it was me (Junkrat), Moira, and Lucio vs Rein but when I look around trying to evade Rein, both support ran off to pick their wounds. Ended up taking the point, but just barely. Most of our pushes we lost the fight because of no healing.