Thread: Mythic Imonar

Mythic Imonar

Just started progression on this boss, and i have a question. Is it best to 5 or 6 heal this boss? It seem's right now im the only mobile healer for bridges and it's rough to keep everyone up, we got to 3rd bridge in an hour but all hell broke loose on that bridge lol. Just wondering what other's have done it with 4, 5 , or 6? Thanks

We went with 6 because why not. The enrage is not an issue these days as long as you don't take too long going across the bridge. I swap to disc so that we have barrier on bridge 2 and 4, but spend the majority of my time dpsing.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you dps is super high, you could 6 heal it, but its not necessary. You shouldn't have to heal that much when going across bridge 1 and 3 because thats simply letting whoever you assign to clear an easy path for you while the rest run togethter to the end.

Bridge 2 and 4 you should be stacked and not moving at that point until your tank has cleared all of one side. Being unable to heal that means you lack cds.

Yea, we just started really learning the fight, so obvious issues with grenade pulses still, people blowing people off the bridge, the normal pains of starting a new boss. Our healers are pretty solid, we had no issue 4 healing everything up to this point and if not for the wind thing, i think we could of pulled off 4 healing but with our comp, im the only one that can heal on the run. Im thinking we try and get a 5th healer and see how it goes from there. Thanks for your input. I have seen logs where people did 5 or 6 heal for sure, and seems to make it a bit easier on the mana drain as well.

1 more question, do you think with all the bridges it would be beneficial to run 2 min tranq? Thanks again for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    We went with 6 because why not. The enrage is not an issue these days as long as you don't take too long going across the bridge. I swap to disc so that we have barrier on bridge 2 and 4, but spend the majority of my time dpsing.
    We have a really good holy priest, do you think it's better for him to swap to disc for this particular fight?

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    We have a really good holy priest, do you think it's better for him to swap to disc for this particular fight?
    To be clear, I meant swap from shadow to disc. I don't play holy.

While I do actually think disc is great on this fight, the downside is that they are garbage on the transition across the 1st and 3rd bridges. If you can survive the stack and explosion strat without a barrier then you probably don't need one. Each barrier cast will reduce about 50 million damage though which is pretty crazy. Holy is still good so it's not something I'd force if he's not comfortable with it. And if you're trying to get by with only 4 healers it can be very rough to get across the bridge.

Keep the disc priest as disc for Barrier for the bridge 2/4 transitions. It's a lifesaver. That's literally all I'm there for basically: Barrier and Dispels.

My raid 6 heals it, and it's not necessarily a healing intensive fight aside from bridges 2/4, but it makes quite a bit of difference for dispels on the bridge.

Your healers just need to be of the mindset that you're over healing it, and should be prioritizing dispels when appropriate. None of them are going to parse for shit, but pretty sure you dont care about parsing on progression.

There's no reason not to 6 heal the fight during progression right now, or even on farm.

The DPS check is only an issue if people die, really. His enrage timer is fairly generous, and you will probably lose more DPS by being forced to take the bridge more slowly (due to lack of heals/dispels) than by having one more DPS. Have someone go Disc if at all possible because of Barrier and dealing extra DPS, but on our farm kill we 6 heal and have a good 15-20 seconds left before enrage even when the group as a whole doesn't parse extremely well.

As for the 2 minute tranqs, that depends on what other raid cooldowns you have. We have 2 Resto druids so it's a non-issue, but once we killed him with one and I the warrior just used Commanding Shout to help while the Shaman blew Tide and Ancestral Guidance and the Paladin Aura Mastery'd. It enabled us to go through the second half of bridges 2 and 4 very well, which is probably the most dangerous part of the fight.

Thank you all for some great advice, big reason i love this site! We will probably try 5 and see how it goes, and if need be move to 6 since enrage appears to be not much of an issue. Thank you all again for great advice.

Holy is strong on the fight for throughput. Unfortunately the only healing that "matters" is on the bridge because thats really when people are likely to die. That being said, if you go 5 or even 6 healers it shouldn't matter too much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    It's probably one of the worst fights to play as Holy. You don't really need a lot of throughput, but you pretty much "need" Barrier to survive the tripwires explosions. Meanwhile, all you can do on the bridge is Renew spam (maybe CoH if you speced it for some bizarre reason) and use a single Serenity/Sanctify. Hymn is pretty bad here, since winds make it really difficult to channel, even if it's just about knocking you out of barrier/slt range and getting nuked by the tripwires.

Also, don't 4 heal it. Bridge is the worst part of the fight, and you're almost guaranteed to have two healers with Grenades, so they have to stay back - which makes it harder to dispel stuns, *which* in turn means you'll take even longer to cross. That's not even getting into extra raid cooldowns, which are crucial for surviving that part. Well, unless you stack Demon Hunters and spam Darkness, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's probably one of the worst fights to play as Holy. You don't really need a lot of throughput, but you pretty much "need" Barrier to survive the tripwires explosions. Meanwhile, all you can do on the bridge is Renew spam (maybe CoH if you speced it for some bizarre reason) and use a single Serenity/Sanctify. Hymn is pretty bad here, since winds make it really difficult to channel, even if it's just about knocking you out of barrier/slt range and getting nuked by the tripwires.

Also, don't 4 heal it. Bridge is the worst part of the fight, and you're almost guaranteed to have two healers with Grenades, so they have to stay back - which makes it harder to dispel stuns, *which* in turn means you'll take even longer to cross. That's not even getting into extra raid cooldowns, which are crucial for surviving that part. Well, unless you stack Demon Hunters and spam Darkness, I guess.
    I'll mention that to our holy priest. Thanks again!

Obviously, it can be done with less - many people use 4 healers.

That said, for a guild just NOW getting to Imonar... I wouldn't think of bringing anything LESS than 6. It's the safest bet during progress. You could entertain dropping to 5 but your first kill will probably be 6. You just need to have people live.