Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    1. Sylvanas is worried that the Alliance is securing new allies so she calls upon Horde's champions to do the same.
    2. Anduin is worried that the Horde is bolstering its ranks and poses a threat to the Alliance.
    3. Both collect new allies.
    4. Sylvanas says that it's time to set aside all pretense and prepare for war.

W.H.Y!?

There has been zero indication of any kind of military confrontation between the Alliance and the Horde after Antorus. Sylvanas sent Horde forces to help Gallywix's people secure the dig site in Silithus to make sure that the Alliance doesn't find out about Azerite and Anduin sent his people to investigate.

How do you go from recon and counter recon missions to preparing for total war?

Did hostilities break out in Silithus behind the scenes while we were lollygagging in Dalaran?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Seething Shore should have happened BEFORE allied race introductions, not after. The timeline of events after Antorus that we got in 7.3.5 makes no sense.
    I get it that you don't get the point why are you bring this up but here's the thing...

If Seething Shore should've happened before both faction are bulking up their forces with allied race, then It doesn't connect pretty well on ATB final scene where Silithus got Stabbed simultaenously popping out Azerites on Silithus and across different islands and shores. They haven't considered approaching 2 naval themed races yet so I think it is logical that they approach the races they have interacted so far first and recruit them asap. They still have anti-Legion mentality incase something goes not as expected. And yep, perhaps preparing for a more sinister fight looming ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Not requiring to build new areas and lore is largely the entire point of Allied Races. They plant some new skins or cosmetic options on an existing skeleton and release them. That's why we're getting already established Draenei, Dwarves, Tauren, Elves, and Trolls instead of all new races.

Requiring people to level what amounts to largely cosmetic changes(Void Elves and Nightborne are the two exceptions right now) to already established members of the faction is questionable at best, but the Allied Race system is in place specifically so Blizzard can churn out as many new options as the storyline offers without having to build entire new races and areas.
    Those allied races that you mentioned are never new races. Apart from Void Elves and LFD, but I'll correlate them later. Highmountain exist way before War of the Ancient, so does the Suramar Elves, although along the 10K period they changed into Nightborne along the way. Dar Iron Drawrves existed way back vanilla and so does Zandalari Trolls.

As for Void Elves and LFD they made a back story from a previously hidden and upfront storyline. back in BC we have High Astromancer Solarian. Way back pre-Legion launch it was hinted that Turalyon was with the Army of the Light so which race that was with him all along in Draenor could be part of such army. The realization of the Draenei Lightforged even became apparent upon Argus patch.

Not everything which is obvious doesn't mean it doesn't exist or never existed at all.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-02-02 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why would players need to sail with the main fleet when we were in Dalaran when it teleported to the Broken Isles? I believe the official order is Azsuna, Valshara, High Mountain, then Stormheim. I've played both sides of the scenario and there is one Alliance airship and about 5 Forsaken naval ships that appear.
    You can believe what you want, doesn't make it official at all. None of them are officially in any order, but going by the lone fact that the Horde and Alliance's first step after Broken shore is to go to Stormheim.

You want it to be Azsuna to justify Greymane attacking Sylvanas, because of the documents(which don't get recovered if you're horde) which has nothing to do with the attack. the moment you are leaving for Stormheim, to get the Aegis, Rogers and Genn make it clear their intentions are to attack Sylvanas.

There was no justification, Genn got his men killed and the Forsaken's during the largest demon invasion ever... because of a grudge. Ohh, Allies started Battle for Azeroth :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    You can believe what you want, doesn't make it official at all. None of them are officially in any order, but going by the lone fact that the Horde and Alliance's first step after Broken shore is to go to Stormheim.

You want it to be Azsuna to justify Greymane attacking Sylvanas, because of the documents(which don't get recovered if you're horde) which has nothing to do with the attack. the moment you are leaving for Stormheim, to get the Aegis, Rogers and Genn make it clear their intentions are to attack Sylvanas.

There was no justification, Genn got his men killed and the Forsaken's during the largest demon invasion ever... because of a grudge. Ohh, Allies started Battle for Azeroth :P
    Everything in WOW has gotten an official storyline, even the battle against Edwin Van Cleef got an official story to explain how Vanessa got left behind. Also why would you go to Stormheim to get something you have not located? The aegis was locked up in the halls of valor, a place we had never been nor heard of. Any records of it left around would have been destroyed by Loken.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It is a little out of order. The storyline in Silithus should have finished before releasing the Allied Races, but honestly does anyone REALLY care about that storyline?

I'm a little more confused why there is no starting quest area for the new races. I created a Nightborne and started in Suramar, but the first quest is just "Go to Orgrimmar." Like, okay, I guess, but you could have given me a standard five level intro area with some build-up. Oh wells.
    I would rather them put time and effort into the new zones than waste time on something people won't ever go back to again outside of getting ahcievements.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Everything in WOW has gotten an official storyline, even the battle against Edwin Van Cleef got an official story to explain how Vanessa got left behind.
    nice strawman, doesn't apply to what I said. Please point me to where there's an official order of zones we did.

Also why would you go to Stormheim to get something you have not located? The aegis was locked up in the halls of valor, a place we had never been nor heard of. Any records of it left around would have been destroyed by Loken.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Stormheim_(Alliance)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Hilarious. Her plan was to enslave the Valkyr yet it was unprovoked? Do you really forget that she is a damn undead ghoast of hatred who keeps her people enslaved and even wants to force even more people into this "curse" she says herself just because she is totally scared about dying and what awaits her there?

She is the deffinition of an egocentric maniac that even wanted to murder and ressurect her sister into this course and would sell her mother to a goblin brothel if it would save her skin.

Oh...sorry I see Sylvanas avatar, nevermind... *rolls eyes*
    Must be nice having those Stormwind lions as patches over your eyes and earplugs. That way you'll never be subjected to something that the High King doesn't want to you to know. Keep on sheeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    1. Sylvanas is worried that the Alliance is securing new allies so she calls upon Horde's champions to do the same.
    2. Anduin is worried that the Horde is bolstering its ranks and poses a threat to the Alliance.
    3. Both collect new allies.
    4. Sylvanas says that it's time to set aside all pretense and prepare for war.

W.H.Y!?
    Because you don't just start a war unprepared, so of course you need to prepare first and get as much military, manpower and resource advantage as you can?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm a little more confused why there is no starting quest area for the new races. I created a Nightborne and started in Suramar, but the first quest is just "Go to Orgrimmar." Like, okay, I guess, but you could have given me a standard five level intro area with some build-up. Oh wells.
    Because if they spent time developing such important side features as new dances and starting zone (you'll never bother again with after first hour of gameplay), we'd get probably 1-2 races per expansion like back in the days, not 4-6 (and maybe more incoming later, like maghar orcs hinted already). They already said, the recruitment questline works as a lore introduction to that race. They also start at level 20 exactly to not require developing starting zones just for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    It is even more confusing when you create a Nightborne. You start as part of the horde as a brand new level 20... then eventually you ding 110 and start the Suramar questline where you get introduced to Thalyssra.
    You cant. Nightborne start with Exalted with Nightfallen and the achievements for all those quest chains etc, which makes sense since its supposed to take place afterwards. was looking forward to do it as Nightborne though.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    nice strawman, doesn't apply to what I said. Please point me to where there's an official order of zones we did.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Stormheim_(Alliance)
    Point to me a source that says there isn't an official order. If Azsuna comes first then we have dragons and elves to tell us about the aegis, what points us there without hose sources?