Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by esoy View Post
    Is the Zandalari model based on NElves too or is it unique?
    Zandalari will use a modified troll skeleton and model since they are upright, they won't be able to get away with a 100% reuse, it will be very noticeable if they try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    >Blizzard
    >Listening to feedback

Good one mate. You should be a comedian.
    They listened to feedback in Beta, I gave them tons and they fixed almost everything I complained about, mind you half were bugs I found. Honestly it is their game they can do whatever they want. The more they push people away from subs the more likely they will adopt the GW2 model of buy to play and usher in a golden age for WoW.

Seeing people who were gloating about getting Nightborne now complaining about their models being bad is quite amusing to me.

I think the females are fine but the males got shafted hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They listened to feedback in Beta, I gave them tons and they fixed almost everything I complained about, mind you half were bugs I found. Honestly it is their game they can do whatever they want. The more they push people away from subs the more likely they will adopt the GW2 model of buy to play and usher in a golden age for WoW.
    Sure, they'll fix reported bugs, but listening to player feedback on any other area of the game design? They think they know better untill numbers prove otherwise after the fact.

Sure, they'll fix reported bugs, but listening to player feedback on any other area of the game design? They think they know better untill numbers prove otherwise after the fact.
    The problem is, one persons feedback might piss someone else off. It has happened in the past where a small vocal minority wanted X class changes then they were made and the vast majority hated it. They also are making a game that has to meet the expectations for 15 million ish players and that is a tall glass.

It's definitely a hot topic, I see a ton of posts on the official forums with huge problems with Nightborne in particular.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761816295

This one points out the obvious thing - We've quested in Legion along side the Nightborne NPCs the whole expansion, and during Blizzcon they showed the NPC models for the Allied Races. But we got something different.

I don't want to say -lazy-, but they definitely took huge short cuts.

More threads just on first 2 pages alone:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761786152
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761646207

10+ Year Old Account
    I still failing to see what huge problems are those, for the female models at least, And ppl tell me i havent played or didnt went side by side with the npcs. I just posted a pic side by side and unless im really blind, i cant see a diference at all, again, their faces are diferent, yes, but not the rest. So if any of you want point me out the diferences using the pics ive posted, please show me. Otherwise ill think the only problem they have are their male counterpart, even their nails size seens right.

Here are the pics again, of the body https://i.imgur.com/gCZG2D3.jpg and the ear comparisson https://i.imgur.com/YkFHVxj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I still failing to see what huge problems are those, for the female models at least, And ppl tell me i havent played or didnt went side by side with the npcs. I just posted a pic side by side and unless im really blind, i cant see a diference at all, again, their faces are diferent, yes, but not the rest. So if any of you want point me out the diferences using the pics ive posted, please show me. Otherwise ill think the only problem they have are their male counterpart, even their nails size seens right.

Here are the pics again, of the body https://i.imgur.com/gCZG2D3.jpg and the ear comparisson https://i.imgur.com/YkFHVxj.jpg
    You don't look close enough. Zoom in right into their faces and you see they are slightly different (yes it's that minor).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bringfun View Post
    I think the females are fine but the males got shafted hard.
    Imo

The males need their shoulderpads size reduced and given option like ear jewels etc.
    Female need more hair options like the npc and same counts for their eyes need to look more closely to the npc. It gave thrm a more fierce. Proud look then what we have now.. theit big eyes aks for something else right now....

5+ Year Old Account
    I just played about 20 hours over 2 days to complete suramar and unlock nightborne.

Soon as I unlocked, I promptly went to create one and boost it.

I was SO disappointed with the Nightborne character model and lack of features, I just dropped the idea and boosted a hot belf warrior.

Blizzard maintains top quality in everything but this one (as of now) has fallen through the cracks. Maybe it was hurried. I loved their HM Tauren, Void Elf and LF draenei, but Nightborne - well lets say I wish they put one of their top people and REALLY work on it.

This is my honest opinion and I don't mean to put down anyone, just callin' it like i see it.

You don't look close enough. Zoom in right into their faces and you see they are slightly different (yes it's that minor).
    It's not even slightly

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I zoom in the most i could , even put my face right in front of the monitor and the only thing diferent is that the ear from the player model is more detailed than the npc model. But the shape and everything else is the same.

So i keep with my opinion, the only thing diferent between the player model and npc are their faces (female wise) rest they are identical, if not better for the player model.

Yes, i agree they could work more on their faces/eyes and give us more hairstyle/face options

I dunno it's obvious to me the higher cheekbones, more slanted eyes and fuller lips of the females. The males have more definition in their face.

Mind you that if you come into this thread acting like this is entirely subjective and that people should stop complaining, that you are wrong.

They literally, factually have no facial rigging. That's not even getting into the bugged eyebrow textures, massive shoulderpads and the fact that the earring customization option for the males isn't ingame even though it definitely should be since all the options are there and even used by the NPCs that use the NB male player models.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    trying to hold blizzard to their own presented lore is a good thing. being a little cuck that lets them half-ass things isn't.
    Fanboy/blind follower/slave who praises their master is more correct than cuck btw.

I could handle a lack of customization options, like all the others apart from Void Elves share, but the Nightborne truly feel like a rushed hackjob. Is this REALLY what we want Allied races to be? I don't think so. It shouldn't become a thing that Allied races will need to be carbon copies of an existing race with just a different skin color and some different hairstyles in order to feel polished. That would mean us ending up with a load of Allied races that might be unique LOOKING, but in reality they lack the TLC that's gone into the "regular races", resulting in a lack of customization options, bad animations, ill-fitting armor etc etc.

I think that if they can't deliver and make the Allied races as good as the ordinary races, they shouldn't do them at all. Story and such sounds good on paper, but the Nightborne are a worrying first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think that if they can't deliver and make the Allied races as good as the ordinary races, they shouldn't do them at all. Story and such sounds good on paper, but the Nightborne are a worrying first impression.
    The other three were exactly what I expected, but even though I'm enjoying my Nightborne most, they do feel off. The only one for me that feels a bit cheap. Does make me worry for what Zandalari is going to turn out like.

Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    Nightborne are so hilariously bad, who would ever play one
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People who don't waste their time making stupid-ass posts like you do?
    I mean, he/she certainly could have said that they didn't like the Nightborne in a nicer way, but personally I completely agree. I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying that, everybody likes different things, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying things that other people do not enjoy. Personally, I really really really loved literally everything about Suramar. The story lines and the lore were excellent, and the first play through of the Suramar experience is one of those gaming memories that I will always value greatly. However, I wasn't someone who was even the least bit interested in playing as the Nightborne race. The NPC models always looked pretty well polished to me, and IIRC the Nightborne models in the Suramar Cinematic, namely First Arcanist Thalyrssa looked pretty darn good actually. I mean surely these are the characters that inspired people to want to play as the Nightborne in the first place, and naturally these are the models that people expected to get. Unfortunately, I can see that this wasn't the case, and I completely understand why people are upset about it.

Everything else that is new in WoW is so incredibly polished. I mean, have you guys seen the new Loa Toad mount on Wowhead's YouTube Channel? If you haven't seen this video, do yourself a favor and WATCH IT! Toad Loa Mount Video

Do you see the incredible detail put into this mount? How can you possibly explain away why it is acceptable that the character model you pre-purchased the game for isn't even remotely comparable to a mount that your character is supposed to ride around on?

Even if this mount didn't exist, the fact that its 2018 and they are releasing janky player models is frankly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Seeing people who were gloating about getting Nightborne now complaining about their models being bad is quite amusing to me.
    I really hate to be the guy that agrees with salting the wounds, but I know right? As much as people are complaining about how the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei are weak in terms of lore, I honestly feel the same way about all of the races except the Dark Iron Dwarves, and the Zandalari Trolls. I honestly don't have a problem with any of the new Allied races, I'm actually really happy to see that new ones are being added period. I just wish they would have chosen to pick some better choices than the pre-release Allied races. They didn't have the time to put thought into what would be the best Allied races, they simply chose what would be the easiest Allied races. It was so clearly rushed, and all of the recent changes paint the same picture. It's a cash grab the same way all of the recent changes are a cash grab. There are high ups in Blizzard/Activision that are not satisfied with the money that Legion has been making.

I am only one person, however I am a Die-hard WoW fan, and I have given Blizzard a ridiculous amount of money in the last 15+ years. I haven't played WoW in about a year. I subbed for one month recently, but besides that they haven't been getting squat from me. I really would like to play the new content from the last year, but I just don't agree with the current developers, and I don't believe in paying for a game that I know can be so much better. Anyways, my only point with saying this is that even though I am only one person, it speaks volumes. If I have the ability to not play a game that I love for an entire year, there are tons of other people that are also doing the same thing themselves. Legion did a lot of things right, but there is enough wrong that they have continued to bleed subscribers and it's showing in the feedback on the internet, and by the cash grab tactics we are seeing recently. I won't be playing BfA as of right now, but I will continue to remain as a voice in the community and as a fan of Warcraft. I enjoy the Lore, and seeing the story lines unfold. I know I will play again at some point, but I can certainly choose to spend my money and time when I am most likely to have the best experience. It's always going to be a great game, but I want to play my way, and it's unfortunate seeing how much the devs are trying to control how everyone plays the game. I mean, the last several months have been insane.

Someone else has probably said this before, but I did come up with a potential solution that can be done for a quick fix without having to worry about adjusting Nightborne facial rigging and whatnot.

Perhaps Blizzard could, instead of reshaping the facial model, simply "paint" an extra layer over the eyes? Given the flat appearance of Nightborne eyelids already, they could simply just paint an extra layer of eyelids like a pixel behind the actual, rigged eyelids, and when they close or move, they'd just move over the altered eyes. If the difference in distance is minute enough, it may go work and go unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    I mean, he/she certainly could have said that they didn't like the Nightborne in a nicer way, but personally I completely agree. I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying that, everybody likes different things, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying things that other people do not enjoy. Personally, I really really really loved literally everything about Suramar. The story lines and the lore were excellent, and the first play through of the Suramar experience is one of those gaming memories that I will always value greatly. However, I wasn't someone who was even the least bit interested in playing as the Nightborne race. The NPC models always looked pretty well polished to me, and IIRC the Nightborne models in the Suramar Cinematic, namely First Arcanist Thalyrssa looked pretty darn good actually. I mean surely these are the characters that inspired people to want to play as the Nightborne in the first place, and naturally these are the models that people expected to get. Unfortunately, I can see that this wasn't the case, and I completely understand why people are upset about it.

Everything else that is new in WoW is so incredibly polished. I mean, have you guys seen the new Loa Toad mount on Wowhead's YouTube Channel? If you haven't seen this video, do yourself a favor and WATCH IT! Toad Loa Mount Video

Do you see the incredible detail put into this mount? How can you possibly explain away why it is acceptable that the character model you pre-purchased the game for isn't even remotely comparable to a mount that your character is supposed to ride around on?

Even if this mount didn't exist, the fact that its 2018 and they are releasing janky player models is frankly absurd.

I really hate to be the guy that agrees with salting the wounds, but I know right? As much as people are complaining about how the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei are weak in terms of lore, I honestly feel the same way about all of the races except the Dark Iron Dwarves, and the Zandalari Trolls. I honestly don't have a problem with any of the new Allied races, I'm actually really happy to see that new ones are being added period. I just wish they would have chosen to pick some better choices than the pre-release Allied races. They didn't have the time to put thought into what would be the best Allied races, they simply chose what would be the easiest Allied races. It was so clearly rushed, and all of the recent changes paint the same picture. It's a cash grab the same way all of the recent changes are a cash grab. There are high ups in Blizzard/Activision that are not satisfied with the money that Legion has been making.

I am only one person, however I am a Die-hard WoW fan, and I have given Blizzard a ridiculous amount of money in the last 15+ years. I haven't played WoW in about a year. I subbed for one month recently, but besides that they haven't been getting squat from me. I really would like to play the new content from the last year, but I just don't agree with the current developers, and I don't believe in paying for a game that I know can be so much better. Anyways, my only point with saying this is that even though I am only one person, it speaks volumes. If I have the ability to not play a game that I love for an entire year, there are tons of other people that are also doing the same thing themselves. Legion did a lot of things right, but there is enough wrong that they have continued to bleed subscribers and it's showing in the feedback on the internet, and by the cash grab tactics we are seeing recently. I won't be playing BfA as of right now, but I will continue to remain as a voice in the community and as a fan of Warcraft. I enjoy the Lore, and seeing the story lines unfold. I know I will play again at some point, but I can certainly choose to spend my money and time when I am most likely to have the best experience. It's always going to be a great game, but I want to play my way, and it's unfortunate seeing how much the devs are trying to control how everyone plays the game. I mean, the last several months have been insane.
    To be honest, I think you managed to sum up your issues in a much, much better way then everyone else. Even if I disagree, props for being unlike the vast majority of the rest of this thread and being genuinely mature and informative with how you explained your gripes with the choices Blizzard has made.

Edit: Also, alternatively, they could just paint an extra layer over the pre-existing eyelids, but that would probably require some extra rigging and would probably look a little off, and may cause extra clipping issues.
    Last edited by Arenchac of Suramar; 2018-02-03 at 03:37 AM.

They have to do something on nightborne player model. Especially MALE nightborne. Now they just look like NE. I wish we had NPC nightborne model. I want to make my nightbone character just like Silgryn or Oculeth.