Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    My only response to this is as follows;

Why do people back kickstarter projects? The answer is, to support the company and its goal to deliver a product you have interest in.

So aside from the mounts, early access to races and ingame goodies for other blizzard products - I'm backing the company and product I've played for the last 15yrs and will continue to play from now til September and onwards. Rushing a product out the door to get box sales on release or to meet your arbritary acceptable time period between raid tiers, instead of doing preorders to reward early investment and gauge interest ?

Makes zero business sense.

my gaming PC is dead and i STILL pre-orderded not knowing when i'll be playing, and i'll PO a physical CE when it goes up for PO as well :P
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    I have pre ordered for 3 reasons:
    1) I love all of blizzards work and am super interested in any content, pre ordered or otherwise.
    2) I love that we have not had any new races since Pandaria and I know they are somewhat reskins of current. But I had a allliance Night elf that I transfered to Horde where the rest of my characters areI rolled a blood elf but I love the look and style of Night elfs so its great to use them in a way>
    3) I have the money now. I cannot predict that I will have lots of spare Money later this summer and I had it now. Prevents less stress now.

Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    You mean the unfinished allied races with placeholder models and animations? Enjoy!
    Thanks, I have been! I'm enjoying both the incessant circlejerking about how "bad" the Nightborne are and how people absolutely are having a hissy fit about them, as well as actually enjoying my Nightborne character who looks pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-02-02 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Digital Delivery goods fall under a completely different returns policy in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Great Product? Damn you have low standards

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the unfinished allied races with placeholder models and animations? Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

"you pay 12 months of subscription to WoW and we'll give you Diablo 3 for Free"
    "You pre-order the expansion now we'll give you a shiny mount and access to Allied Races that will have new models and animations on release of the actual game"
    "If you Pre-order our game you also get cool stuff for our other games"

No they're not EA they are just a version of EA backed by blind followers. At least EA customers call them out on it.

Each to their own though.
    Blizzard DOES have great products in comparison. You must not play many games or deal with many companies.

I'm a blind follower because i got a good deal on stuff I wanted.... right.

It's WoW.

It's the most secure pre-order you can possibly make. I've been playing this game since early 2005 and have no plans to stop. Even WoD kept my attention for a good while. No other game can ever hope to compete, so I don't need to exercise any caution when I know for a fact that I will have fun.

I am pretty sure that doesn't work for MMO expansions. That you sit at home and wait for reviews and comments on the product because those expansions and MMOs in general are a big time investment and more often than not you can see issues and problems only after investing your time heavily and not just after a few days. (hint: WoD).

So you would sit there and wait for weeks or even months to get any meaningful reviews on that particualr expansion. Then what? It is already to late to hop into, you missed out the good feeling when a new expansion releases and you have to catchup etc. And trust me, even if reviews would rate the expansion as bad or not as good, most people would buy it and try it out for themself because in such genres, especially on a game that you play for more than 10 years, you want to get your own opiinion on it and not relate to opinions from strangers you don't even know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    So many in this thread with a "Oh Blizzard, PLEASE take my money now!" attitude, very sad to see. Stop acting like a fool and take back your right as a consumer!
    our right as a consumer? we are not being forced to pre-order, this is not everyone being forced into "pre-order bonuses" there is no pre-order bonus for wow, this is just people pre-ordring cause the product is good... and people want it.

- - - Updated - - -

"you pay 12 months of subscription to WoW and we'll give you Diablo 3 for Free"
    "You pre-order the expansion now we'll give you a shiny mount and access to Allied Races that will have new models and animations on release of the actual game"
    "If you Pre-order our game you also get cool stuff for our other games"

No they're not EA they are just a version of EA backed by blind followers. At least EA customers call them out on it.

1. yeah and? that was great, literally buy sub time and you get a free fucking 60$ game and a unique mount, your acting like that was notl iterally "hey pay 150$ you were gunna pay anyways, get a free 60$ game and unique mount"
    2. uhh what? got a source for them being "placeholder" and also you dont need to pre-order to get them, anyone can get them even after the expansion comes out.
    3. you dont need to pre-order the game to get those "other shiny things" you can buy the game even after the expansion comes out and still get those shiny things.
    4. that you even try to say blizzard is on level of EA, proves how worthless your opinion is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fully agree with OP. But people are stupid.
    Ah yes.

I'm sure that you as well as the OP are objectively savvy with how you spend your money, never buying anything that'd be considered a dumb purchase by others and growing your fortune as you play the markets and take them monies from the "stupid plebs".

The OP, you and so many others live in some fairytale where they're Bobby Axelrod's just waiting to break through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    So many in this thread with a "Oh Blizzard, PLEASE take my money now!" attitude, very sad to see. Stop acting like a fool and take back your right as a consumer!
    Stop acting like a kid with a "too-cool-to-care"-attitude on this gaming forum, it's making you look like a fool.

Our rights as a consumer is to purchase a product that we want, nobody's forced into spending money. You, the OP and others of your ilk in this thread are just angered with the fact that people aren't considering your opinions to be fact and acting accordingly. A theory, at least.

One has to wonder, what sort of people not only frequent a fan forum of a game they clearly consider to be sub-par, but then also spend years and years on bitching incessantly about the product and at the people enjoying it? I stopped believing the "we care about the game so we want it to change!"-angle years ago when no matter how the product changes, the same crowd keeps coming back with the same arguments and vitriol. A more general observation.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-03 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your not doing yourself a disservice if you pay before september. You can always cancel and get your money back.

Let me ask you a question. If you go to a store. And buy any packaged/boxed item. Are you not assuming that its in working condition? Doesnt the company already get your money at the register? Dont you have to wait till you get home to see if the product is in working order and no pieces missing? Then dont you have to use it a few times b4 you even know if it was worth buying?

There now your dumb argument has been invalidated.
    You do realize you're an idiot, right? You do realize your example is EXPLICITLY one where you do not pay before getting the product, you're literally paying for the product in hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    I am pretty sure that doesn't work for MMO expansions. That you sit at home and wait for reviews and comments on the product because those expansions and MMOs in general are a big time investment and more often than not you can see issues and problems only after investing your time heavily and not just after a few days. (hint: WoD).

So you would sit there and wait for weeks or even months to get any meaningful reviews on that particualr expansion. Then what? It is already to late to hop into, you missed out the good feeling when a new expansion releases and you have to catchup etc. And trust me, even if reviews would rate the expansion as bad or not as good, most people would buy it and try it out for themself because in such genres, especially on a game that you play for more than 10 years, you want to get your own opiinion on it and not relate to opinions from strangers you don't even know.
    No one is saying to wait for weeks or months. Nice straw man, go cuddle it.

You could (and maybe should) read about opinions of people in the open beta which are effectively reviews, especially later in the cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    've been playing this game since early 2005 and have no plans to stop. Even WoD kept my attention for a good while. No other game can ever hope to compete, so I don't need to exercise any caution when I know for a fact that I will have fun.
    And this is the one really good reason to pre-order. if you really like the game and are sure you're buying it anyway, go for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Thanks, I have been! I'm enjoying both the incessant circlejerking about how "bad" the Nightborne are and how people absolutely are having a hissy fit about them, as well as actually enjoying my Nightborne character who looks pretty awesome.
    You can enjoy them and admit they're unfinished, you know?

Actually on topic, I use my pre-order as better leverage during the Beta. If they make a change or design decision I'm really dissatisfied with, I cancel it and of course give the reason why. I did this several times during the WoD beta. In my mind, money speaks louder than a forum post, and I'm sure they watch the swings in preorders when they make announcements or push builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    We've had this exact thread every expansion. My response remains the same: No thanks. I enjoy the game at the moment, I enjoy the content that was provided to me with the pre order and I'm having fun, your movement of any kind does not interest me.
    then don't fucking post like a self-righteous egotist?

Could have just avoided the subject all together instead of pushing some "holier than thou" attitude.

I paid for it with Blizzard balance I got from gold in WoW

Sooooo freeeee for me

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Meh, was telling myself i wont reply but i am bored so

You are wrong, this is World of Warcraft, its always the same game and has been for 13 years.

It wont be changed in the next expansion, it wont be anything different.

Its not a new game, its not a 100% cash grabbing company like EA, its the same shit it has been.

Quests-->Collect starter gear to kill big named pixels-->Collect more gear for bigger named pixels-->Bigger named pixels--->Next expansion.

The quality wont change, nothing ever changes gameplay wise.

There isnt anything safer to pre-order than World of Warcraft really, assuming you have a brain about what the game is about and you arent crying on the forums "I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO" while your main activity is Pokemon in WoW.
    as a matter of fact, I would say that BfA has massive potential to completely reshape the endgame with raids becoming obsolete and M+ becoming the new endgame content, alienating a lot of the hardcore playerbase. We won't know for sure until beta though.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    then don't fucking post like a self-righteous egotist?

Could have just avoided the subject all together instead of pushing some "holier than thou" attitude.
    ... The entire thread is based in "holier than thou attitude", starting with the OP and continuing with others wanting to ride in on high horses, teaching the "stupid people" about consumer rights and their objective tastes in game quality and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

as a matter of fact, I would say that BfA has massive potential to completely reshape the endgame with raids becoming obsolete and M+ becoming the new endgame content, alienating a lot of the hardcore playerbase. We won't know for sure until beta though.
    Yeah, not gonna happen as long as so many leads at Blizzard raid.

M+ is a nice system on its own, but it ain't raiding.

I'm certainly not pre-ordering.

This. I like to view Blizzard as the Apple of the gaming industry.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-02-03 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You can enjoy them and admit they're unfinished, you know?
    That's nice and all, except I think they're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

my highmountain tauren druid says "Thank You for your opinion and concern on the state of my finances, They will be recorded and taken into consideration.....

Soon.

It wont.

M+ ilvl cap will continue, with the reduction of procs or removal of Titanforged/Warforged, Mythic raids will be the highest ilvl without big surprises like now were the Normal/HC item titanforges 5 times and you have 20-30 ilevels above what you should be having.

And since they stated the "new system" with Head/Shoulders/Chest not able to Titanforge at all, Mythic raids will happen for that reason either way.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    There is also objective = the number of players. It decreased a lot and they even had to stop reporting it and then it seems to have continued decreasing significantly.
    It is subjective to interpret the decline as the definitive proof that WoW has decline. We do know why all these people left. Maybe you do.