Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was a flop.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Oh...lord.

You have proven by the opinions you espouse, based on your "tons of research", that while you may read a.lot of things, processing and comprehending them are not part of the process for you. You have declared that your political leanings dictate your conclusions despite what any evidence might show you.

Trust me, you better up your fuckin game, rookie.
    Rookie of the year, more like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess since todays memo didnt go quite as well as planned
    Nunes is going to fucking Billy Mays us with a BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...st_memo_there/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Nunes admitted on FOX that he didn't read the fisa applications, but the person who did was Gowdy. Rep. Gowdy's official statement was the memo doesn't discredit the Mueller investigation in any way.

At this point some people should just stop trying to pretend this memo does what they want it to do.
    It’s all they have... it’s why it was created. They don’t have any charges they can bring up on merit or anything that leads to an investigation. While Trump has been hit with 4 former staff members already charged, his account in German bank being scrutinized, while his Canadian company is being accused of laundering money, in Fusion GPS testimony... not memo...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Why are they literally talking about Satan Hillary?

I get the call to shit post for Trump, we see that every day. But... Satan Hillary?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I guess since todays memo didnt go quite as well as planned Nunes is going to fucking Billy Mays us with a BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...st_memo_there/
    It seems he wants to get everyone who is disloyal to his god and savior, Trump.
    He's going to find out the hard way that trying to de-legitimize the FBI, and by extension, the law, is a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Rookie of the year, more like.
    That's not really a high honor when you're stuck in single A.

I thought I told you to up your game.

I'm having flashbacks of how annoying that Donald Trump "Subscribe to unlock voting" image was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ah /pol/, where everyone goes for all their information!
    It does have a twin on MMOC I’ve heard in hushed whispers.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It’s also the same reason they voted along the same party lines on to release this particular memo my friend. One tribe just happens to outnumber the other at this moment in time. If they hadn’t this memo would have never been released. Most politicians aren’t concerned about you or me or even the truth, tribe comes first to them.
    Why people are loyal to them is a travesty in and of itself.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It’s also the same reason they voted along the same party lines on to release this particular memo my friend. One tribe just happens to outnumber the other at this moment in time. If they hadn’t this memo would have never been released. Most politicians aren’t concerned about you or me or even the truth, tribe comes first to them.
    Why people are loyal to them is a travesty in and of itself.

Peace
    If they were not trying to undermine American institutions, that memo would never been released. Can you tell me one thing that Putin would prefer more, than to discredit the US Intelligence community? Something that Trump is actively doing, while refusing to enforce Russian sanctions... because we don’t need them, the threat is enough. If Trump let it play out, no one would accuse him of attacking FBI and he would never be found guilty. Why is that so hard to do?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If they were not trying to undermine American institutions, that memo would never been released. Can you tell me one thing that Putin would prefer more, than to discredit the US Intelligence community? Something that Trump is actively doing, while refusing to enforce Russian sanctions... because we don’t need them, the threat is enough. If Trump let it play out, no one would accuse him of attacking FBI and he would never be found guilty. Why is that so hard to do?
    And both tribes played right into his hands because they are almost constantly at each other’s throats. Putin must have counted on that. I can imagine him laughing like Simon Bar Sinister at how easily both the D’s and R’s were manipulated due to their hatred of each other.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    And both tribes played right into his hands because they are almost constantly at each other’s throats. Putin must have counted on that. I can imagine him laughing like Simon Bar Sinister at how easily both the D’s and R’s were manipulated due to their hatred of each other.

Peace
    What tribe? Muller, Comey, Wray and every other major player in FBI is a Republican. Trump does not make a tribe of his own... he is an individual...

This is Trump Organization, versus everyone else... that’s not tribes... Trump appointed Jeff Sessions, who selected Muller. Rosenstiene wrote the letter firing Comey. Wray was appointed by Trump... tribes? Unreal...
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-03 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Welcome back.

Unfortunately I stopped being surprised by anything having to do with Trump, and Carter Page, long ago. Like I said earlier, they decided to hitch their wagon to Carter Page's star. If that doesn't show how absolutely inept the GOP has allowed themselves to become...
    Thanks. I just don't see how this works out well politically for them. First of all, they're challenging the FBI to a leak war. I'm guessing the FBI knows more about Congressional GOP members than they know about the FBI. Second, they're inviting the Democrats to craft their own memo (which I guess they've already done) and giving them the advantage of going second and being able to counter all of the Republican points. And if the GOP or Trump blocks it, then they're exposed as blatantly playing partisan politics with top secret information.

It'll backfire on them. Fox News pretty much talked them into it. It reminds me of a guy who lets his friends goad him into putting nude photos of his ex girlfriend online.

Also, I love it everytime I hear the phrase "deep state." I never hear two people define it the same way. I asked someone at work to tell me what it meant to him the other day, and after about 20 rambling seconds, someone else asked him if he thought there were any pro Trump people among the deep state contingency, and he said, "well, no, um, maybe, uh, no I guess there's not" to which someone else said, so "deep state" is just a paranoid term you give to people who don't like Trump, at which point we felt a little guilty for ganging up on him, lol.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2018-02-03 at 04:12 AM.

Can someone explain why no charges have been filed against Comey? Surely this is the least our great republican majority congress and republican President can do. I mean clearly Comey broke the law. So did this Roseinstein guy. And Andrew guy. Why fire him but not charge him?

Can anyone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Thanks. I just don't see how this works out well politically for them. First of all, they're challenging the FBI to a leak war. I'm guessing the FBI knows more about Congressional GOP members than they know about the FBI. Second, they're inviting the Democrats to craft their own memo (which I guess they've already done) and giving them the advantage of going second and being able to counter all of the Republican points. And if the GOP or Trump blocks it, then they're exposed as blatantly playing partisan politics with top secret information.

It'll backfire on them. Fox News pretty much talked them into it. It reminds me of a guy who lets his friends goad him into putting nude photos of his ex girlfriend online.

Also, I love it everytime I hear the phrase "deep state." I never hear two people define it the same way. I asked someone at work to tell me what it meant to him the other day, and after about 20 rambling seconds, someone else asked him if he thought there were any pro Trump people among the deep state contingency, and he said, "well, no, um, maybe, uh, no I guess there's not" to which someone else said, so "deep state" is just a paranoid term you give to people who don't like Trump, at which point we felt a little guilty for ganging up on him, lol.
    Thats the thing about this, it won't backfire on them, just like Uranium one, pizzagate, benghazi, and emails. The base/cult will just move on to the next thing, or go full crazy and say things like the "deep state" sabotaged the memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Can someone explain why no charges have been filed against Comey? Surely this is the least our great republican majority congress and republican President can do. I mean clearly Comey broke the law. So did this Roseinstein guy. And Andrew guy. Why fire him but not charge him?

Can anyone explain?
    Because they didn't break the law, no matter how badly you folks wish it were otherwise.

Can anyone explain?
    Charge him with what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Thats the thing about this, it won't backfire on them, just like Uranium one, pizzagate, benghazi, and emails. The base/cult will just move on to the next thing, or go full crazy and say things like the "deep state" sabotaged the memo
    That's a fair reply. I didn't mean that it would backfire on them in the sense that it would have serious repercussions among their base. They wanted to make their case that the Mueller probe wasn't legitimate, and they certainly didn't do that. They'll be forced to release a democrat memo or risk looking (more) foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because they didn't break the law, no matter how badly you folks wish it were otherwise.
    You folks? Sigh.

Anywho, clearly the point I made was lost on many. Nunes claims the Comey broke law. So did others. Surely justice dept. can charge them? Bigger than Watergate and all Nunes want is for people to know? They could have not released and yet charged Comey? But they are going for publicity over actually taking any action.

Even Trump who wanted to "prosecute" Mueller has not said a word about sending Comey to prison. I guess they are taking their time, right

That's the answer right there. If they actually had evidence of law breaking they wouldn't have to concoct this crazy scheme to manufacture and hype a memo.

Carter Page alluded to this exact event months ago in an interview with Chris Hayes. They've apparently been working on this for awhile as a way to give themselves an excuse to try and end the investigation.

You folks? Sigh.

Anywho, clearly the point I made was lost on many. Nunes claims the Comey broke law. So did others. Surely justice dept. can charge them? Bigger than Watergate and all Nunes want is for people to know? They could have not released and yet charged Comey? But they are going for publicity over actually taking any action.

Even Trump who wanted to "prosecute" Mueller has not said a word about sending Comey to prison. I guess they are taking their time, right
    Oh, I get it. Sorry. I made the mistake of not reading past your first sentence. I owe you an apology for that.

In that case, I agree. Yes, Nunes had other avenues to pursue if he was really interested in justice. They could have referred it to the Inspector General or the FISA court. Instead, they played politics with classified info and just released it. It would be like if you claimed that your psychotic ex boyfriend wrote you a letter threatening to kill you, and instead of calling the police, you just posted it on Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    That's the answer right there. If they actually had evidence of law breaking they wouldn't have to concoct this crazy scheme to manufacture and hype a memo.

Carter Page alluded to this exact event months ago in an interview with Chris Hayes. They've apparently been working on this for awhile as a way to give themselves an excuse to try and end the investigation.
    Yea, I saw that too. It was kinda eerie. It played out exactly like Carter said it would. Makes you think that they've had this planned for a long time, and were just waiting for what they thought was the right moment.