Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would making everything BoE be a good thing?

What kind of impact would having every item in the game as BoE?

Pros or cons to this model vs what they have now?

Seems like it could be an interesting discussion unless I am missing something. Would be more things to spend gold on (gold sink?), give more things for AH warriors to do.

Do you remember what happened with Diablo3 having all stuff BoE?

With the ability to buy gold, the game would essentially shift to P2W, which I would be against. Blizzard would have to remove WoW tokens and hammer down on the surge of gold sellers.

Ultimately, I am opposed. There are certain items that should only be obtainable by completing specific content, not for having the most amount of gold.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

No. It would not.

It would be an absolutely terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    What kind of impact would having every item in the game as BoE?

Pros or cons to this model vs what they have now?

Seems like it could be an interesting discussion unless I am missing something. Would be more things to spend gold on (gold sink?), give more things for AH warriors to do.
    That would scare me cuz of d3, I like the system as is where you have an option to trade gear in raids and instances to another player
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Ultimately it would have the net effect of disincentivising WoW's core gameplay while encouraging a lot of less enjoyable activities, such as gold farming and spending real money on tokens.

Super pay2win if that happens why in the actual f would you want that. There is 0 benefits

In my mind I was comparing it to EVE Online's model, sure someone could pay for the fancy loot and do better than someone who didn't, but a typical (99% I'd say) player isn't going to be spending hundreds of dollars to buy the best gear.

I'd rather more gear/items be BoA, or allow a conversion of BoE items to BoA (but not vice versa for obvious reasons). Perhaps I'm biased since I have multiple chars on multiple servers that aren't connected, I've gotten tired of mass transferring alts for tons of of money.

What if we could enchant our gear to increase in ilvl slightly, but each time has a chance to permanently destroy that piece of gear.

All gear available before max level (lv1-109) would definitely create the positive effects you describe while also dodging the issue of P2W.
    However, if gear available at max level, especially the most recent raid tier, would probably result in more ninja looting - despite the current state of Personal Loot.

In my mind I was comparing it to EVE Online's model, sure someone could pay for the fancy loot and do better than someone who didn't, but a typical (99% I'd say) player isn't going to be spending hundreds of dollars to buy the best gear.
    But a small minority would and that would ruin the game for those who didn't.

Making WoW p2w isn't a good thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    It would be the end of WoW.

With the option to buy gold it would make it the ultimate pay to win game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    It would be the end of WoW.

With the option to buy gold it would make it the ultimate pay to win game.
    But it works in EVE. You can buy in game currency for real money and use that for the best modules (gear). But it doesn't matter because who cares if they have better gear? Isn't PvP normalised now? And who cares if someone has better gear in raids.

People keep saying P2W but I'm not seeing how having better gear in PvE (what most people play) would be P2W, it doesn't apply in WoW. If the game was centred around PvP like in shooters and money bought advantages against others then yeah, but definitely not WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it only for the fact that i also play the ah game to make gold gold gold!!!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

You are certainly missing something.

The good thing about WOW since the very early days was that most rewards had to be acquired by you. Once you implement the change you suggest, then it's no longer about playing the game, but rather about 1) farming cash 2) buying cash for real life money.

"Who cares if they have a better gear"

Gameplay without tangible rewards is just pointless.

Yes, that would be the end of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You are certainly missing something.

The good thing about WOW since the very early days was that most rewards had to be acquired by you. Once you implement the change you suggest, then it's no longer about playing the game, but rather about 1) farming cash 2) buying cash for real life money.

"Who cares if they have a better gear"

Gameplay without tangible rewards is just pointless.

Yes, that would be the end of this game.
    I think you're missing the point. People could play the game exactly as they have been to get the gear exactly how they have been...or have the option to farm gold for it or spend IRL cash. It opens up options, not negate them like you suggest.

No, that would be a disaster.
    Players would feel like they have to buy gold to buy gear in order to stay competative.
    Gear sold for real money outside of Blizzard control would also be a thing so we'd see farmers and scams being a much more common thing again.

I really can't see how this would be a positive thing for the game in any way, shape or form.

Deleted
    @ people who are in favour of this: stay away from wow and stop trying to ruin it, go play some shitty f2p game where you can buy everything with money...

10+ Year Old Account
    And who cares if someone has better gear in raids.
    WoW players do. They get so fucking butt hurt over gear other people have, it's not even funny anymore. Never in my life of playing MMOs have I met a community that cares so fucking much what another player has than in WoW. I don't know if it's jealousy or stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.