Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as a class isnt busted to the point of feeling unplayable, Im ok with any spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not a hardcore raider. The guild is on Aggramar, I'm unlikely to get in for that and Argus is out of the question without an immunity. I wasn't in for Coven either because its a ranged fight. We aren't competing for world first, but the fights are just so comp dependant theres no room for enhance unless you have no other choice. I wish they would just give everyone an immunity or just remove them from the game.

I'm just tired of this BS attitude that everything is fine.
    Enhancement was used on world 2nd and world 3rd. It's amazing at doing the pacman role downstairs.

Both are very viable for raiding right now. Probably about as good as they've ever been. Me (elemental) and my enhance shaman friend are usually very close on ST. AOE he usually can't keep up as much though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    Both are very viable for raiding right now. Probably about as good as they've ever been. Me (elemental) and my enhance shaman friend are usually very close on ST. AOE he usually can't keep up as much though.
    With respect, your friend isn't playing Enh very well. Enh destroys Ele on ST or 2 target cleave when played correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    From another point of view:
    I find Enh easier to play than Ele.

i love playing enh. there are still in-depth info to get better with enh so its easy to start but dont stop learning!

Deleted
    I didn't mean to sort out these two dps specs. Imo both are fine and play excellent. For me, my preference-> melee. But elemental in myth+ bring the same utility as enha and has huge advantage in performing more safely, easily and having a lot more AoE. Enha is maybe better suited for world content and raiding.

Well, even for that I do not agree 100%. I do not think Aoe is THAT great, because you kill every trash mobs at the same speed most of the time which means the pressure on tank and heal stay at high level most of the time. And it is even more true on Explosive week for instance, where the number of fel orbs is linked to the number of trash mobs. I find cleave more important that AOE imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JMpal View Post
    With respect, your friend isn't playing Enh very well. Enh destroys Ele on ST or 2 target cleave when played correctly.
    With respect, that only is observed at the highest level parses on 2-3 bosses. BiS Sim profiles have Enh like ~30k ahead. Feel free to compare us though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...17/#bracket=-1
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...17/#bracket=-1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, even for that I do not agree 100%. I do not think Aoe is THAT great, because you kill every trash mobs at the same speed most of the time which means the pressure on tank and heal stay at high level most of the time. And it is even more true on Explosive week for instance, where the number of fel orbs is linked to the number of trash mobs. I find cleave more important that AOE imo.
    True. Cleave is more important than pure AoE in higher mythic keys, because it's not really sensible to pull more than 3-5 mobs at a time. But imo elem. performs better with many of the affixes, but some favor enha. peace
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2018-01-21 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typos

Couples fights in Antorus Mythic prefer ranged/AOE heavy specs (Ele). Other than that, I'm an Enhancement main. Gloves/Ring is just wombo combo fun sometimes with back to back to back Ascendence procs. High ST dps and lots of possible burst due to RNG. AoE as Enhancement is meh, depends on if everything is stacked. Crash Lightning is pretty dumb TBH and I've had it where mobs will be stacked right next to each other but Crash Lightning fails to register to allow cleave.

Playing Elemental just feels ST is lacking. Gambler is a huge hit or miss spec with Gloves/Boots. Your placement on the DPS charts can vary significantly where Enhance is less varied. Overall, I'd say it's viable to keep both up to par, but I agree with people stating if you're not cutting edge Mythic progression, then play whatever.

Deleted
    As many others said try see what you like and feel comfortable with. I myself enjoy enh played it since the start of Legion. Awesome ST and decent aoe imo .

hey guys, how is enhance levelling? i have the criteria met to unlock highmountain tauren and have never played shaman... i am thinking i might enjoy giving enhance a go with full heirlooms?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

@up

fun and flow begins when u learn a passive maelstrom weapons (MS on hit)
    I personally consider enh as one of most fun melee to do quests etc. Have healz, stun, fairly quick nukes and so on.

I think your "@up" - refers to me , hope you dont mind im gonna ask another question!

if i were to level as Enhance in heirlooms, what do i need stat wise ? and which weapons do they equip from the heirloom pool?

They're both in a good spot right now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    if i were to level as Enhance in heirlooms, what do i need stat wise ? and which weapons do they equip from the heirloom pool?
    Stats: Agi, haste and mastery. Same as at high end, are your most effective stats early.

Gear: They *have* to dual wield as stormstrike can only be used when dual wielding. So grab a pair of 1h axes or maces.

Keep in mind, Enhancement is pretty dull in early levels as you don't get Windfury or Maelstrom weapon(resource from auto attacks and windfury procs) until the mid 30s. If your leveling with an allied race, the first 10-15 levels will be pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Stats: Agi, haste and mastery. Same as at high end, are your most effective stats early.

Gear: They *have* to dual wield as stormstrike can only be used when dual wielding. So grab a pair of 1h axes or maces.

Keep in mind, Enhancement is pretty dull in early levels as you don't get Windfury or Maelstrom weapon(resource from auto attacks and windfury procs) until the mid 30s. If your leveling with an allied race, the first 10-15 levels will be pretty boring.

thanks for reply! - I think i will be able to make the first 10-15 levels interesting by completing an old zone i havent seen since i was like 14 years old haha - thanks 7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I think your "@up" - refers to me , hope you dont mind im gonna ask another question!

well. generally its mastery=haste>rest but till u level up to mastery, i would focus on Item level and haste. would ignore versality for some time thru leveling like till 30ish

just to pop in and update, my highmountain tauren shaman named "Inhantz" is level 32 and i am LOVING enhance!!