Poll: How did you experience the ASMR video?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

ASMR Experiences (Grab your headphones)

Ok I personally love ASMR, Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), but I know w some get confused as to what it is so I thought I’d share one.

Now you need a headset for this, you have my word this is no trick to blow your ear drums. Just set the volume so you can hear clearly that’s it. Start the video at 2:25 it’s probably very long if you don’t enjoy this or get anything thing out of it, but give it a chance. Close your eyes if it helps about a minute should do.

How did it make you feel and did you experience anything in terms of tingling or relaxation?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-03 at 10:43 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Yeah, none of these ever did anything for me. To me it just looks and sounds completely bewildering. But have fun if this tickles you. I just don't get it.
    Did you use a head set?

Yeah there are many different kinds of triggers but this is a very basic kind I think. Ignore the esoteric stuff just start at 2:25 clear your mind.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-03 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meditation is far less cringeworthy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It’s roughly the same thing you clear your mind and try to relax.

You never watched Bob Ross?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't believe some of this crap until a 30 minute one actually got me off on sound alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I didn't believe some of this crap until a 30 minute one actually got me off on sound alone.
    Sounds pervy!
    Link it for..science.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

The difference is Bob Ross was amazing artist and his comments while working made the show even better.

But this whole ASMR looks pathetic, another cashgrab especially when done by girls with tits on whole screen trying to gets as much donations as they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure did, a rather high quality one even. And I tried a couple of different ones back when the hype was still fresh, and none had any pleasant effect on me whatsoever. Most even got on my nerves quickly, and makeup plastered wannabe "healers" doing strange faces or trying hard to be sexy didn't really help either in most of these.
    I (probably) know the tingling sensation that's supposed to happen, but these kinds of stimuli don't invoke them in me AT ALL.
    I tried like 10 or so very different things. Brushes, clicking, breathing, stroking, tones, ... to no avail. There is just nothing there besides eventual boredom or sore nerves.
    Fair enough thanks for trying, I honestly thought this might be an easier one. As for looking mostly it’s just about listening and trying to cut yourself off from everything else which is why I said start at 2:25.

For me it really is more about the sound and the over all focal point and the ability to cut off all else. The vibration I think has a calming effect but if that didn’t happen It really might be a hit or miss. Kind of thing. Thanks for trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    The difference is Bob Ross was amazing artist and his comments while working made the show even better.

But this whole ASMR looks pathetic, another cashgrab especially when done by girls with tits on whole screen trying to gets as much donations as they can.
    Maybe it’s the visual stimulation along with audio that does it for you. For me it’s either or. For example some ASMR they used brushes on the microphone some love it. I hate it

As for it being a cash grab lol non of the ones I follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Sounds pervy!
    Link it for..science.
    I'm not going to link a dry orgasm inducing video here. :P

I'm not going to link a dry orgasm inducing video here. :P
    That's why you send it to me in private, silly!

10+ Year Old Account
    This one does nothing for me but it’s for sure the same kind of thing.

It was not really annoying. The soundscape didn't contain any of the typical sounds you hear in ASMR (e.g. smacking). But these really do nothing for me other than annoy, as if I'm sitting next to someone eating with their mouth open.

It's interesting how some people react though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It was not really annoying. The soundscape didn't contain any of the typical sounds you hear in ASMR (e.g. smacking). But these really do nothing for me other than annoy, as if I'm sitting next to someone eating with their mouth open.

It's interesting how some people react though.
    Yeah the lip smacking I guess as are many other types. I am more drawn to sounds of nature or bob Ross or this minus the esoteric thing lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Sounds pervy!
    Link it for..science.
    Many a night have been spent scouring Japanese online stores for high quality voice works, and the haul never disappoints.

I really hate these and this was no different. Rather have my toes stepped on than hear this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

Sure did, a rather high quality one even. And I tried a couple of different ones back when the hype was still fresh, and none had any pleasant effect on me whatsoever. Most even got on my nerves quickly, and makeup plastered wannabe "healers" doing strange faces or trying hard to be sexy didn't really help either in most of these.
    I (probably) know the tingling sensation that's supposed to happen, but these kinds of stimuli don't invoke them in me AT ALL.
    I tried like 10 or so very different things. Brushes, clicking, breathing, stroking, tones, ... to no avail. There is just nothing there besides eventual boredom or sore nerves.
    yeah, I remember my friend tried to get me onto ASMR stuff, none of the...unique things did anything for me.

But give my the constant sound of heavy rain or thunderstorm, and i'll meditate the shit out of an hour lol. Apparently that isn't the same thing tho.

Didn't just open an ̶a̶̶d̶̶h̶̶d̶ ASMR thread some time ago? What are you looking for this time that you didn't get out of the other thread?

I guess enjoy listening to a woman smacking with a mouth full of marbles if that's your thing

I mainly watch frivolousfox asmr. She does really good work. Here's two of my favorites of her videos

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano