Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    What kind of impact would having every item in the game as BoE?

Pros or cons to this model vs what they have now?

Seems like it could be an interesting discussion unless I am missing something. Would be more things to spend gold on (gold sink?), give more things for AH warriors to do.
    Yeah, I can smell abuse on this.

Are we talking all loot to be BoE?

As well, are we talking previously equipped loot to be BoE too?

It would create a high incentive for many people to attempt to sell their raid drops or equipment and force the market to be backed up by the token to be able to buy said things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I can smell abuse on this.

Are we talking all loot to be BoE?

As well, are we talking previously equipped loot to be BoE too?

It would create a high incentive for many people to attempt to sell their raid drops or equipment and force the market to be backed up by the token to be able to buy said things.
    What would stop people from attaining gear by farming it themselves like they do so now? So far the only argument is their mentaility which I don't think is true for the majority of players.

Deleted
    But it works in EVE. You can buy in game currency for real money and use that for the best modules (gear). But it doesn't matter because who cares if they have better gear? Isn't PvP normalised now? And who cares if someone has better gear in raids.

People keep saying P2W but I'm not seeing how having better gear in PvE (what most people play) would be P2W, it doesn't apply in WoW. If the game was centred around PvP like in shooters and money bought advantages against others then yeah, but definitely not WoW.
    Gear actually gets destroyed in EVE, in WoW everything is indestructable.

Quote Originally Posted by trabajador5k View Post
    What if we could enchant our gear to increase in ilvl slightly, but each time has a chance to permanently destroy that piece of gear.
    Lineage: The Bloodpledge used this exact system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Ah the first logical response, not that p2w nonsense people are claiming which doesn't make sense with a game like WoW. You're right, without changing another system such as gear having a chance to be destroyed it wouldn't work because after a few weeks the AH would be completely flooded.

Maybe randomised stats on gear might help with that because there will always be a better piece of gear with different stat distribution.

But it works in EVE. You can buy in game currency for real money and use that for the best modules (gear). But it doesn't matter because who cares if they have better gear? Isn't PvP normalised now? And who cares if someone has better gear in raids.

People keep saying P2W but I'm not seeing how having better gear in PvE (what most people play) would be P2W, it doesn't apply in WoW. If the game was centred around PvP like in shooters and money bought advantages against others then yeah, but definitely not WoW.
    how many people play eve? how many people play wow? dont you dare even attempt to make a food analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    how many people play eve? how many people play wow? dont you dare even attempt to make a food analogy.
    Hmm I've seen a few comments around the internets about the food analogy thing, is that some sort of meme?

Oh and basing it off the numbers alone is a silly point, I am saying it is regarded as a strong system within the game regardless of its other short comings, but as someone else said there is a reason it works in that game because items are destroyed by other players and NPC's.

My intent is not to put the two in competition because WoW obviously trumps over all (numbers wise), but it doesn't mean we can't discuss other systems that might make a good (or bad) change. One thing that quite a lot of people want is a more robust AH system and it's regularly brought up how antiquated it is, I was just exploring possibilities to making it better. Just a friendly discussion.

The reason it works in EVE is because modules and ships get destroyed and no one ship is "the best". Sure a Titan is a powerful ship but it's kind of useless against a lot of smaller ships, same with anything in EVE. Where as in WoW there is THE BEST gear so it wouldn't work the same way.

1 step further - it is time for real money auction house to be reintroduced this time in WoW!

Ah the first logical response, not that p2w nonsense people are claiming which doesn't make sense with a game like WoW. You're right, without changing another system such as gear having a chance to be destroyed it wouldn't work because after a few weeks the AH would be completely flooded.

Maybe randomised stats on gear might help with that because there will always be a better piece of gear with different stat distribution.
    Random stats on gear would also destroy the game and make that model even worse. Imagine how low a drop chance gear has now and then add the fact if it does drop, it could be completely useless. Would just reinforce people having to buy the gear they want which would further reinforce the idea of buying gold, pushing a lot of players who can't afford it/don't want to spend hours farming gold to just quit the game.

And who cares if someone has better gear in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    WoW players do. They get so fucking butt hurt over gear other people have, it's not even funny anymore. Never in my life of playing MMOs have I met a community that cares so fucking much what another player has than in WoW. I don't know if it's jealousy or stupidity.
    I wouldn't say that's jealousy or stupidity... I'd say that they want justice.

Yes, I care about other people gear. Why? Because of a few reasons:
    -whenever I'm making a group I expect a high ilvl players to be skilled, they have high ilvl means that they have knowledge, I met a few +955ilvl players with full LFR/normal gear who didn't have idea about heroic mechanics(nowadays I'm just checking their logs/raider.io/progress etc.),
    -most of the people in LFG care mostly about the ilvl, why someone who has knowledge and skill but worse gear shouldn't be prioritized to the one who had luck?
    -it's overall UNFAIR that people who don't put effort get better gear - if they're not going to do normal/heroic/mythic then why they are even getting higher ilvl items? What's the point? So they're going to kill NPCs 0,5s faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a horrible idea.

In my mind I was comparing it to EVE Online's model, sure someone could pay for the fancy loot and do better than someone who didn't, but a typical (99% I'd say) player isn't going to be spending hundreds of dollars to buy the best gear.
    you ever heard of loot boxes?

Deleted
    Is disgusting when you obtain by tenth time the shoulders or the helmet for your warlock, making Molten Core with your warrior, or another inappropriatte loot for the current class. But the actual system is ok.

Deleted

Of course it matters it would completely kill the PvE scene straight away, why give up 2/3 nights a week spending numerous hours raiding when you can simply buy everything from the AH?

Eve is a completely different game to WoW, they aren’t even in the same ballpark.

everything BoE would be a DISASTER

it automatically makes gold by far the most important resource in this game: you can buy ANYTHING now and to make matters worse you can buy gold with REAL MONEY meaning that the game becomes effectively pay to win, while farming becomes a full time job

even if you are a top notch mythic raider that can kill all the bosses and farm all the gear you still need to farm as a full time job to buy loot from other raiders and progress faster, not to mention how much those mythic titanforged bis items will cost

di-fucking-saster

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Yeah, but gear in WoW generally only has a useful shelf-life of a couple of months. After that, it needs to be replaced by the next tier of BIS lewtz. So your indestructible comment vs EVE is really apples and oranges.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    BoA would work, hand-me-downs gear for alts & cross-faction/server on same account.

BoE everything would destroy the game. Especially with multiple difficulty raids in place.

Ever heard to term 'pay-to-win' ? Basically that.

Mythic guilds would just flood the market after a few weeks with alt farming and become a real factory/job, making everything below that ilvl (read: us, real players that dont make WoW a job) like normal/heroic raids, mythic dungeons and normal gear selling for 30 cents.

So yeah, everything BoE would suck. But i do wish more stuff would be BoE, especially rare drop mounts and all that, because one of the most disgusting things in WoW is when you do Sunwell Plateau a single time with your mage and legendary bow drops.