Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm not even bothering anymore, man. If you have absolutely nothing but contempt and disgust for this game and its developers, I have nothing to discuss.

Already had people complaining about the system doing things it doesn't even do.

It does everything WoW does except give you a book of every single item in the entire game dumped on you (which I utterly despised when I tried to use it). Only I think XIV gives you more flexibility in how you want to address it, offers you multiple sets, more accesible swaps, and doesn't charge you 100s of gils per swap.

But sure, it's garbage and the developers are incompetents that have children code for them.

Yeah, not bothering trying to discuss this with you.
    Recently tried FFXIV just to see what it’s like and didn’t like the system either. Was much worse in comparison to WoWs Tmog system if we’re going to compare.

Also charging gold for tmog is barely even noticeable as it only costs 500 or so for a full set+weapon which is nothing. Just not a fan of the system in FFXIV, could’ve been a lot better.

To make it more clear, imo WoW has more flexibility in what you can use/do, has more accessible pieces of gear for each slot, also has multiple sets (that you can save). I saw you mention earlier you need to scroll through multiple pages to find one item you like, there’s a search bar you can use for yourself to do just that without having to look through pages.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-01 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still maintain that a forced "destroy the item" is idiotic and is the main point of critique for me.
    Esp when you want to mog between a custom outfit and the actual visuals of your current gear.
    Again, "Emperor's new one piece of jewelry" would swap from your custom to your actual visuals, though you do lose a plate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Recently tried FFXIV just to see what it’s like and didn’t like the system either. Was much worse in comparison to WoWs Tmog system if we’re going to compare.

Also charging gold for tmog is barely even noticeable as it only costs 500 or so for a full set+weapon which is nothing. Just not a fan of the system in FFXIV, could’ve been a lot better.

To make it more clear, imo WoW has more flexibility in what you can use/do, has more accessible pieces of gear for each slot, also has multiple sets (that you can save). I saw you mention earlier you need to scroll through multiple pages to find one item you like, there’s a search bar you can use for yourself to do just that without having to look through pages.
    People are talking about swapping from one gear look to a different look to casual around town gear. That would be 1500 gold a day if you do it a single time in WoW and we're going to say that's negligible? Okay...

Again, "Emperor's new one piece of jewelry" would swap from your custom to your actual visuals, though you do lose a plate.

- - - Updated - - -

People are talking about swapping from one gear look to a different look to casual around town gear. That would be 1500 gold a day if you do it a single time in WoW and we're going to say that's negligible? Okay...
    Very negligible. You don’t need to do that every single day but considering you get 5k+ from OH missions every day yeah it’s negligible.

When making transmog I usually equip the set multiple times and make changes that way. Costs about 2-3k and I do this all the time. Gold comes from everything now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, emperors in a plate changes to base item look instead of hiding the item as it would do if it were to be glamoured directly?
    Talk about counter intuitive design. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

People are talking about swapping from one gear look to a different look to casual around town gear.
    That doesn't make sense with either of the 2 systems.
    For that you better keep the items themselves and just create a different gear set in the equipment manager.

Not even Garrisonlul™ would be able to cover the cost of "redressing" every time you leave a dungeon / enter a civil area.

10+ Year Old Account
    All left side but legs are down for my tanking set.

Crafting this time around is not nearly as bad as the crafted i320 set, but I have a rough 38% HQ chance of crafting the main materials using all NQ Ores/Botanist and Creation materials. Having the rest HQ (or at least reach a rating of ~6000/25881).

I've found these two to be rather precise, the duration 35 version and the duration 70 version (outdated, but is still fully functional). As I don't trust crafting macros (I blame net and condition procs (I hate you, Poor)) I craft everything by hand. I'm tired, need to fetch some sleep.

And as far as the Glamour dresser goes, I've decided to put all my replica allagan/dreadwyrm sets in there (those that I've crafted and actually enjoy using), but have to concur regarding "this item will be destroyed" notice. Shouldn't have to be such, but it's still early in the testing, as they've announced they'll continue on expanding it depending on feedback and/or use of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, emperors in a plate changes to base item look instead of hiding the item as it would do if it were to be glamoured directly?
    No it still makes you naked. You have to use a dispeller for each. It's kind of annoying but it only costs 500g each from the vendors, which admittedly still cost a lot if you use it a lot.

It doesn't require any mirage prism costs once you put it into the dresser but it does make it is a tiny bit annoying if you want to just only change one item piece of a set as you have to go into the inn and all. I also really wish we could use the plates outside of town or modify them outside of the dresser.

It's not a perfect system and would prefer it to have more slots, but overall gil cost is lower due to only a 1 time prism cost as opposed to every time.

Personally prefer PSO2's current method. You have a base, inner, and outer wear item, base and inner are all registered on your character on use (use two and it's registered account wide) and outer are items in your inventory. Accessories, 'body paint', and hair styles are all registered and follows the same way as base and inner wear. Old method didn't have the base, inner, and outer wear, instead it had costumes which were all shoved into your inventory. Weapon appearance are either item or use an appearance item, also stuck in your inventory but for most items they're all just a tick on the boolean box. To be fair though, the armor appearance is really negligible and looks ugly 99% of the time, so people just hide that appearance.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-02-02 at 02:57 AM.

No, no. My thinking was this:
    You're wearing the new Mendacity tomestone gear.
    You apply Plate 1 consisting of your holy and paladin glamour set = Mendacity tomestone gear now looks all holy and paladin. You are now paladin. Huzzah!
    You apply Plate 2 consisting of only an Emperor's new earring and all other slots blank = Mendacity tomestone gear now looks like its original appearance but you can't see your earring as that's the only thing that plate is glamouring.

However, my friend informs me that doesn't work because a blank slot doesn't revert an existing glamour, it just leaves whatever is there as is. So my thinking was incorrect. I should have realized this because I left my earring blank and it retained its glamour. I simply wasn't thinking correctly.

So that leads me back to agreeing there needs to at least be a "Dispel plate" added so you could easily revert back to the original appearance of what you're wearing if you so choose with a simple click instead of having to dispel each piece.

Sorry for my thinking going down the wrong path.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It doesn't require any mirage prism costs once you put it into the dresser but it does make it is a tiny bit annoying if you want to just only change one item piece of a set as you have to go into the inn and all. I also really wish we could use the plates outside of town or modify them outside of the dresser.
    I understand them wanting you to go back to the dresser to modify plates. That makes a sort of logical sense to me.

Swapping them? Give it til the end of the expansion or into next and I'll bet dollars to donuts they make it so, at the very least, you can swap plates near any aetheryte, and then later anywhere. Similar to how job swapping incurred no penalty near aetheryte and then no penalty anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for my thinking going down the wrong path.
    No worries, happens to all of us from time to time.
    I agree that a "dispel-plate" would probably be the most elegant solution.

Personally, I will just keep using the items themselves as before, because then I am completely free... well... barring having to carry half a wardrobe everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand them wanting you to go back to the dresser to modify plates. That makes a sort of logical sense to me.
    I wish to magic stuff up!
    Swapping them? Give it til the end of the expansion or into next and I'll bet dollars to donuts they make it so, at the very least, you can swap plates near any aetheryte, and then later anywhere. Similar to how job swapping incurred no penalty near aetheryte and then no penalty anywhere.
    Don't really mind not being able to modify plates though it would be nice, but really would like to swap anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Faroth
    Spoiler: 

(Not my picture, shamelessly stolen from this Reddit thread)

Edit: Found it in my crafting log. Here are the details:
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    @Faroth
    Spoiler: 

(Not my picture, shamelessly stolen from this Reddit thread)

Edit: Found it in my crafting log. Here are the details:
    Spoiler: 
    With my sleeping fox and New Year's dog.... why not add to the critter house?

Want to buy the game and try it out. Unfortunately have no one I know playing the game or who wants to play. How entertaining it would be to start off solo? Considering how long the game already exists, is there a place for newbies in the community or is it more high-level oriented like WoW?

I mostly played WoW, GW, SWToR, TESO, BNS when it came to MMOs. Would FF feel at home or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Want to buy the game and try it out. Unfortunately have no one I know playing the game or who wants to play. How entertaining it would be to start off solo? Considering how long the game already exists, is there a place for newbies in the community or is it more high-level oriented like WoW?

I mostly played WoW, GW, SWToR, TESO, BNS when it came to MMOs. Would FF feel at home or something different?
    The free trial goes upto level 35 and is permanent. So you get to experience a few dungeons and the first 2 trials of the game as well as unlocking your job for a class. Example being Gladiator becomes Paladin at level 30.

Also A Realm Reborn on it's own is £9.99 with a free 30 days so pretty cheap if you want to play upto 50 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post

It's a tab-target style MMO with trinity roles, so it'll feel familiar to you. As an MMO veteran the gameplay may feel kind of slow at first, since the longer GCD and lack of early abilities combined with the more hand-holdy/baby's first MMO design (mechanically speaking) keep things from really ramping up until you get past lvl 30 or so. If you enjoy story, there's plenty of it there, and you're required to follow the Main Scenario Quest to unlock most things in the game anyways. The game will probably seem empty early on, since fewer people will be in the older zones, but when the group content gets worked in you shouldn't have a lot of trouble doing it.

Since you're EU, I can't advise on a server to roll on, but I'm sure someone here can help out there. As others have said, just DL the free trial and see what you think, try out the various classes/jobs, and if you enjoy it, buy it and keep playing. If you have other questions about the game, feel free to ask us here, or check out the FF 14 Reddit.

Wreck's weekly update.

Got 05s down in a pug with an 85th percentile. Not too shabby. Planning on seeing if I can eek out a clear tonight in 06s. I've heard it's not hard at all for anyone except healers, so we'll see.

Week 1 normal raids were as awesome as they always are. Top DPS in over 50% of my runs, as a tank. I got my loot pretty easily though which was nice.

Phantom Train on EX is a ton of fun. I really enjoyed that fight. Out of the normal raids, I really hated O7N. It was ridiculously boring. Others were fine.

Working on my anima relic. Soloing those HW dungeons was a pain, but I made it ok. Working on next step now. Ran out of poetics for the unidentified items. Nearly done though.

My DRG is 69 now I think.

That's about it.

I'm just ticking along with the Ananta dailies and doing Frontlines to cap Tomes. I just don't think I can do POTD anymore. Much as I loved it, I'd rather derp off in PvP. No matter how bad I do I still get my reward, which is all I care about. Still doing daily Hunts to build up Aetheryte Tickets. Might try and get those emotes they added for the Mark Logs, dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't relocate our FC house... bugged up or something keeps saying "Housing Function Locked". End up just grabbing a medium house instead. =\
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-02-06 at 10:13 AM.

Got 06s down in a pug before reset nice.

So far I've put probably 6 hours into pug learning/clear parties and got 05s and 06s down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Got 06s down in a pug before reset nice.

So far I've put probably 6 hours into pug learning/clear parties and got 05s and 06s down.
    Nice! My static had our first raid night last night and got O5S/O6S down before reset and got a brief look at 7. I think that they are harder than 1/2 but not by much. Chadarnook's dance reminds me a lot of Halicarnassus or maybe even a more hectic Ratfinks. But with a much more tame tank buster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Nice! My static had our first raid night last night and got O5S/O6S down before reset and got a brief look at 7. I think that they are harder than 1/2 but not by much. Chadarnook's dance reminds me a lot of Halicarnassus or maybe even a more hectic Ratfinks. But with a much more tame tank buster.
    Nice grats! I just love week 1 pug raiding.

1) People own up to mistakes. They say, I don't understand this, how do I fix it? If I mess up XYZ, I will step out. Sorry for wasting time.
    2) Players as equally skilled as myself haven't moved on yet.
    3) No one is really jaded yet.

I was really impressed with Phantom Train. Then again when its competition is Alte Roite I guess it isn't hard to surpass expectations. LOL.

The mechanics were a really nice deviation from normal mode I felt.

I was less impressed with O6S. It didn't quite differentiate itself enough from the original fight IMO. It also places far too much responsibility on the healers IMO.

I'm not looking forward to O7S because the normal fight was so boring I almost fell asleep, and honestly I thought Halicarnassus was a pretty awesome fight, ESPECIALLY the later half.

Looking forward to hearing how you handle it.