Poll: What race for "Dark Ranger" RP?

Better "Dark Ranger" - Void Elf or Forsaken?

I want to make something as close to a Dark Ranger as possible in game. What would make more sense... a Forsaken hunter under the banner of Sylvanas, closer to undead-death magic OR a Void Elf hunter, while not undead, still an elf and infused with dark power.

What do you all think?

15+ Year Old Account
    Prolly a void elf hunter, marks spec. Undead look awkward as hunters imo
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I want to make something as close to a Dark Ranger as possible in game. What would make more sense... a Forsaken hunter under the banner of Sylvanas, closer to undead-death magic OR a Void Elf hunter, while not undead, still an elf and infused with dark power.

What do you all think?
    Undead because otherwise it's not a dark ranger, she herself said she's training new rangers that were not blood elves but forsaken humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Prolly a void elf hunter, marks spec. Undead look awkward as hunters imo
    She was asking what made sense though, and lorewise it can't be a dark ranger while being something utterly different in the lore based on void god stuff not undeath. The only real rules for dark ranger based on legion questline on the boat is that its a ranger trained by Slyvanas with dark magic in my opinion at least.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Have you seen the belf/velf bow animations?

Males bisect themselves when moving an aiming and the females bow animation is the worst in the game.

Undead, especially the females are easily better for any hunter.

Void Elf Hunters (aka Umbral Rangers) are closer to the Dark Elven Ranger concept one might be fond of.

In the end, it boils down to if you prefer Alleria or Sylvanas when it comes to being a "Dark Ranger".

If you just want to look/feel like one, go void elf. If you want to RP or somewhat follow the lore, I'd say a blood elf is the best choice.
    As far as I know, every dark ranger has a well preserved body, so using the undead model would feel weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    If you just want to look/feel like one, go void elf. If you want to RP or somewhat follow the lore, I'd say a blood elf is the best choice.
    As far as I know, every dark ranger has a well preserved body, so using the undead model would feel weird.
    Yeah I think this is what it comes down to.

The Void Elf racial Rift teleport ability feels very much like Sylvanas's Banshee ability in HotS. And they look more like her and Nathanos who I would say are probably the closest to Dark Rangers in WoW. Her "assistant" Dark Rangers that we see as NPCs in game do just look like Death Knight-colored Blood Elves, but clearly I don't have that option.

Not to mention a Void Elf Marksmanship Hunter with this is just perfecto visually:

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...HXW8tR8CiR87cI

Deleted
    Well dark rangers are dead so forsaken. But they are also hot so void elf. Tell you what. Dark rangers sometimes go around dual wielding swords. Just roll a belf frost DK and pretend to always be in melee spec.

Dark Rangers are High Elf Undead (aka Banshee-ish, aka baby Sylvanas). Nathanos (Sylvanas' right arm) is a good example of one of them, but he was a human.

But currently the voidelf looks like they are the closiest thing to what they should looks like, as most of the Dark Rangers in game have the Blood/Void Elf race/skin but with red eyes.

Sylvanas - Dark Ranger
    Alleria - She might come up with her own Elite squad, which should be very close to Sylvana's Dark Ranger.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-02-03 at 05:41 PM.