Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

EU Group Finder after 7.3.5, revert it, please.

Racist rant of the day.

After 7.3.5 its pretty obvious something changed with the Group Finder in Europe as i am seeing servers i didnt know even existed and been here since Closed Beta EU 2004.

What exactly is Blackmoore-DE doing with Twisting Nether-EU suddenly, or Illidan-FR, i didnt even know Blackmoore-DE existed as a server.

Every server has bad players, but at least they dont spam French/German in party chat or in LFR when you cant communicate to stop the wiping on the alts.

Like seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

Or maybe Twisting Nether and The Maelstrom cluster didnt have these servers, others did, not sure why you decided to change it now, WoW had worst drought periods.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-03 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Racist rant of the day.

After 7.3.5 its pretty obvious something changed with the Group Finder in Europe as i am seeing servers i didnt know even existed and been here since Closed Beta EU 2004.

What exactly is Blackmoore-DE doing with Twisting Nether-EU suddenly, or Illidan-FR, i didnt even know Blackmoore-DE existed as a server.

Every server has bad players, but at least they dont spam French/German in party chat or in LFR when you cant communicate to stop the wiping on the alts.
    better type in a forum blizzards never gonna read

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    better type in a forum blizzards never gonna read

/thread
    Rant, rant, look it up.

You know that you can adjust the filters for the group finder? (russian/german/french/italian/spanish)

Deleted
    Racist rant of the day.

Or maybe Twisting Nether and The Maelstrom cluster didnt have these servers, others did, not sure why you decided to change it now, WoW had worst drought periods.
    FR stands for France, DE stands for Germany. These servers have been in the EU group finder since HFC release already.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You know that you can adjust the filters for the group finder? (russian/german/french/italian/spanish)
    Man, mmo-champion never stops being adorable.

They arent enabled bro, its a server side change, i said group finder but i am talking about all the finders, LFG/LFR/Manual ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    FR stands for France, DE stands for Germany. These servers have been in the EU group finder since HFC release already.
    You will cost me an infraction if i respond to you in the manner i should respond to you, and maybe in your server group, i have never seen those servers in The Maelstrom, in its cluster after that, and now in Twisting Nether in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They are off by default (except portugese) but you still see people from french,russian etc servers. From my experience most people speak very good english its just the ones that dont stand out as memorable. Russians can be harder to communicate with though.

Don't see the issue personally.

I've grouped with many a French, German and even Russian group and gotten my weekly clears. Met some friendly people too.

For manual groups you can activate which languages you want.

For automatic matchmaking LFR/LFG I was never grouped with anyone from a non-german server, before or after 7.3.5 - obviously apart from the rare exception that they queued together with a friend from another realm. So I don't see any change.

Racist rant of the day.

Welcome to our pain being groupes with nemesis, goldrinn, ragnaros, and the other latin american servers.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Welcome to our pain being groupes with nemesis, goldrinn, ragnaros, and the other latin american servers.
    You have to deal with at most two other languages besides english, to say this is even remotely comparable to europeans is laughable at best. When you have to deal with cyrillic alphabet you can come and tell us about "your pain" of an actual communication barrier. Don't get why spanish isn't a mandatory language taught in schools in the US already in some states at least.

That being said, germans and french don't bother me as i can read it well enough. More often than not if you write in english they'll be able to understand you. I believe the system only pairs you with such realms if either their queue or your queue would otherwise take too long. Guess this only really bothers the british, so *shrug*.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    System does it to reduce your queue times. Sometimes its just not worth it though. Cyrillic
    Toggle-option for cross-realms with foreign language servers should've been a thing yesterday. Filtering the monolingual is a possibility too.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-03 at 04:58 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Man, mmo-champion never stops being adorable.

They arent enabled bro, its a server side change, i said group finder but i am talking about all the finders, LFG/LFR/Manual ones.

- - - Updated - - -

You will cost me an infraction if i respond to you in the manner i should respond to you, and maybe in your server group, i have never seen those servers in The Maelstrom, in its cluster after that, and now in Twisting Nether in the last years.
    Well, in manual group finder, I always get requests from all around Europe and this has been like this since its introduction.
    In random BGs I regularly get queued against full Russian groups (since WoD).
    In lfd/lfr I never had players from other European regions but my own (German).

And btw, blackmoore DE is one of the biggest horde servers (99% horde) with one of the highest overall populations in Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racist rant of the day.

Nothing about group finder, no more battle groups, if someone queues, you'll have a chance to meet them. Servers in mention if I recall, are part of merged servers. The stick is most likely people returning.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Racist rant of the day.

Welcome to the same problem NA faces with the post WOD inclusion of LAN, BR and OCE realms in our grp finders.

I love being sent to an OCE realm and having 230 ping, or playing with anyone from BR and being memed by brasilians. LAN is whatever since most of them speak english.

Nice to see EU is getting the same shaft that NA got for the sake of increasing playerbase in LFG. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You have to deal with at most two other languages besides english, to say this is even remotely comparable to europeans is laughable at best. When you have to deal with cyrillic alphabet you can come and tell us about "your pain" of an actual communication barrier. Don't get why spanish isn't a mandatory language taught in schools in the US already in some states at least.

That being said, germans and french don't bother me as i can read it well enough. More often than not if you write in english they'll be able to understand you. I believe the system only pairs you with such realms if either their queue or your queue would otherwise take too long. Guess this only really bothers the british, so *shrug*.
    the language barrier is no big deal.
    its the lack of skilled players.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    The only Language Barrier European WoW has are Members of the ??????? Clan

Didn't know countries = race

Deleted
    another great sign that the playernumbers are as healty as always :>