Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    Interesting how the lost games in this thread are never the poster's fault.
    Eh, this thread is mostly just meant to vent some of your frustration, I think. So the self reflecting will usually come after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday i lost the game by whiffing E as Blaze at stationary Nazeebo who was Ravenous spiriting my whole clumped together team. I wanted to just alt+f4. We all died and they just pushed to the core. Worst -215 points in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Probably because they rarely are. The nature of HotS is thus you are at the mercy of four other players on your team and relying them to be averagely competent on your skill level. You can somewhat accommodate mechanical deficiencies with your own skill and picks, but it's a team game where you can lead your four horsies to the oasis but you can't stop them from shitting in it.

And for me the times where I went "This was my fault," because I comboed badly, misclicked a Cleanse, or fatfingered a looooooong CD Ult while in base(happened to me a fair more often than I care to admit.) there isn't really anything to talk about. I fucked up. /shrug?

There are also times where I know I hit an ability but it doesn't go off and there's a cooldown interruption CD on the ability and I'm extremely confused why since there was no readily apparent interrupt skill going on in the screen but that's not really much to talk about other than "that sucked".

Compare that to this:

Where my team was so god damn awful and their team was just so awful that despite a 6 level lead they still could only finish it off at 13 minutes. If numbers were words this would be Atlas Shrugged.

And in the next game I apparently rocked so hard at Illidan, a hero I never play, that I almost hit the gold commendation? Damn.

"It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I get that, but you're not gonna win by being tilted. Play some unranked if you're losing that much. Nothing wrong with wanting to climb, but forcing it will just end up losing you tons of points.
    I am not that tilted by the games and streak of bad luck actually, shit happens. However I am getting frustrated with the stupid mechanic where your streaks means way more than a steady ratio when it comes to gaining or losing points.

I mean, I had nice over 60% winrate and I wasn't getting +215 points on win. Suddenly I lose 12 games in a row and start to get -215 and +190 points for another 20 games (If not more) after the losing streak when I finally stabilized my ratio back to over 60%.

It feels incredibly unfair that all your hard work can be thrown away in a single bad streak and takes way too long to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I am not that tilted by the games and streak of bad luck actually, shit happens. However I am getting frustrated with the stupid mechanic where your streaks means way more than a steady ratio when it comes to gaining or losing points.

I mean, I had nice over 60% winrate and I wasn't getting +215 points on win. Suddenly I lose 12 games in a row and start to get -215 and +190 points for another 20 games (If not more) after the losing streak when I finally stabilized my ratio back to over 60%.

It feels incredibly unfair that all your hard work can be thrown away in a single bad streak and takes way too long to recover.
    Pretty sure they bugged the system when they turned off personal rank adjustment. It's basically the old system now, but it's like it only registers losses, so you end up with a negative adjustment eventually no matter what you do. I have over a 50% win rate, and went on a 8-2 win streak recently, and was getting -6 per loss during that streak. I know a guy in Masters who is getting like -18 for a loss, and has a positive win rate with a ton of games played.

There is no reason to have a minus adjustment when you're over 50%. Adjustments shouldn't kick in until 45% for minus, or 55% for positive. At 40% or 60% they should go up massively. Awarding them for streaks is dumb, it should be overall win rate.

What is up with the amount of Monstrosity Abathurs this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What is up with the amount of Monstrosity Abathurs this weekend?
    People figured out that forcing an enemy hero to babysit you so the team fights are still on equal footing is pretty good than cloning and promptly dying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a game where I failed horribly as Tass, game was 100% on me.

I still have people bitch that I go Water Dragon... I thought we passed this....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    People figured out that forcing an enemy hero to babysit you so the team fights are still on equal footing is pretty good than cloning and promptly dying.
    Heh. We're clearly not getting into the same type of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Heh. We're clearly not getting into the same type of matches.
    I can potentially do far more damage with Monstrosity on, say, Volskaya than a temporary clone that may win the fight but not the overall war on the objective.

Deleted
    Just got randomly "disconnected" from draft. Nothing happened with my connection but i was "thrown out" with penalty games. Dunno what happened. Feels badman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Just got randomly "disconnected" from draft. Nothing happened with my connection but i was "thrown out" with penalty games. Dunno what happened. Feels badman.
    Had repeatedly issues with my ISP in late spring. Draft was much more likely to ditch me for millisecond dc's than the game itself as there is no renonnect feature during draft - not even a crappy one. Combined with the harsher point punishment in ranked for dodging draft compared to afk'ing in a game, that's a system that should be looked at.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played Team League last week, I managed to pull off this Mosh Pit+Dragon Strike combo as ETC.

https://gfycat.com/ElderlyThornyAssassinbug
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-02-03 at 04:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Duo-queue QM as Sgt Hammer and Morales

Got matched up against a team of full casters - Guldan, Li-Ming, Chromie, Kael and Lucio

After initially fretting that I was gonna get murdered every time I hit seige mode, we soon found out that by combo'ing Morales W and Hammer E, I could basically soak the entirety of their combo bombs and ignore them completely while just plugging away at the buildings. When Morales got low on energy we'd disengage, roll over to another lane while she regen'd, then set up again.

I was unkillable. It was great.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Hmmm such a good match. Was on Blaze with a great gnome and jaina, (they didn't have any good divers, just a varian) was linking my flames while they desperately tried to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Except your team still engages 5v4, and once they're wiped the enemy team promptly comes and kills your monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Except your team still engages 5v4, and once they're wiped the enemy team promptly comes and kills your monster.
    And the enemy team falls back a bit, delaying the objective until the Clone wears off, and then moves in to wipe my team and push.

I can make "perfect scenario response" rebuttals too.

*melee heavy team*

*Li ming chooses calamity build*

goddamnit...

10+ Year Old Account
    I just played with Grubby on the HL ladder. I managed to get MVP as Arthas, but sadly we lost the match.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes when playing Li Li I feel like a god. I juked a Stiches hook and lived. Then I went on not dying and getting a few kills. Li Li sometimes feels so godly, hell if you are playing right you shouldn't ever have to back out to get mana.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose