Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Face...ears...general body shape. (The males don't suffer the horrible hourglass shape that Nelves do) They have great tats...the metal bits like on their ears and stuff.
    I’d have to look at the body shape to really compare them, face wise though they seem about on par with light forged:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    I mean.... sure, if that is your idea of "good looking" then I guess I am happy for you. But I have seen Toads that look a thousand times better than your beloved "Battle for Azeroth" Allied races.

I'm honestly surprised that more people aren't seeing this particular pre-released content for what it is.

Can you imagine if Legion had been packaged with playable races from Warlords of Draenor? Nobody is going to be even the least bit interested in the pre-release Allied races come BfA time. It seems utterly bizarre to me that people actually think these races have any business being labeled as BfA content. They have been rushed like this because soon they aren't even going to be relevant anymore. Now is literally the only time anyone will care about these races, and you are seeing the results of this rushed work in the sloppy results.

Again, I've seen Toads that look better. These are supposed to be from "Battle for Azeroth" and frankly if you told me they were from Cataclysm I would have believed it.
    Thanks for the opinion, still love Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    He said facial rigging, not face posture rigging. The faces obviously have bones in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy how story progression works like that.

His post of "Alliance gets screwed" is completely subjective and is not to be taken seriously.
    Let me guess...you play Horde?

7+ Year Old Account
    He said facial rigging, not face posture rigging. The faces obviously have bones in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy how story progression works like that.

His post of "Alliance gets screwed" is completely subjective and is not to be taken seriously.
    It’s not really subjective if the night bourn are a much different model and void elfs lf and dark iron are more or less un modified, one faction would factually be getting more new stuff then the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess...you play Horde?
    Not sure how what faction I play is relevant when I'd say the same exact thing to somebody saying "Horde gets screwed" in response to most things, especially if it were related to something entirely subjective like allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s not really subjective if the night bourn are a much different model and void elfs lf and dark iron are more or less un modified, one faction would factually be getting more new stuff then the other.
    Yes, it is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how what faction I play is relevant when I'd say the same exact thing to somebody saying "Horde gets screwed" in response to most things, especially if it were related to something entirely subjective like allied races.

Yes, it is subjective.
    It shows a obvious bias which is probably why you didn't answer....

Alliance constantly gets screwed while all that happens to the Horde is they lose a Warchief every now and then.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, it is subjective.
    It factually isn’t subjective if one faction gets more new things then the other, you can like one more then the other but if one is geting more then it’s geting more that’s a fact:

This thread is supposed to be about the Nightborne. What it isn't about is your issues regarding Horde Vs. Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows a obvious bias which is probably why you didn't answer....

Alliance constantly gets screwed while all that happens to the Horde is they lose a Warchief every now and then.
    How does it show bias when I would say the same exact thing to a person who'd say the same thing about Horde?

I didn't answer because it doesn't matter and is irrelevant to you complaining about Alliance getting "screwed" in regards to Allied Races. Which again, is entirely subjective, because there are plenty of people who think that Alliance ended up getting better races. Crazy how opinions work, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It factually isn’t subjective if one faction gets more new things then the other, you can like one more then the other but if one is geting more then it’s geting more that’s a fact:
    lol ok dude

I really struggle to believe that "thousands of hours" went into the allied races when I look at them.

Nightborne are pretty much the most unique, which is really not saying much.

7+ Year Old Account
    How does it show bias when I would say the same exact thing to a person who'd say the same exact thing about Horde?

I didn't answer because it doesn't matter and is irrelevant to you complaining about Alliance getting "screwed" in regards to Allied Races. Which again, is entirely subjective, because there are plenty of people who think that Alliance ended up getting better races. Crazy how opinions work, huh?

lol ok dude
    Lol what....: it’s litteralty a fact that geting more new models is geting more new models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I really struggle to believe that "thousands of hours" went into the allied races when I look at them.

Nightborne are pretty much the most unique, which is really not saying much.
    Thousands of hours each???? Zandalari alone seem like they could be thousands the golden gods they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    The other three were exactly what I expected, but even though I'm enjoying my Nightborne most, they do feel off. The only one for me that feels a bit cheap. Does make me worry for what Zandalari is going to turn out like.
    No need to worry. The Zandalari already look amazing, with their art assets up to Blizzard's standards for traditional new playable races. They've got more and higher quality customisation options than any of the Allied Races. Most likely they and the Dark Irons were always intended to ship with BFA anyway and have been worked on since the BFA development cycle started, while the other Allied Races are very likely an unplanned last minute rush job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    It's really not hard to reach "thousands of hours".

Ten people working 8 hour workdays reach 1000 hours after 12.5 workdays, which is 2.5 work weeks. That's not a whole lot of development time, particularly because a lot of that would've gone into scripting, debugging, voice-overs and creating the scenarios. The actual amount of time spent on the art assets themselves would make up a relatively small percentage of working hours spent on the Allied Races.

Thousands of hours sounds impressive. It isn't really when you add things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    According to the developers, the models that have been presented so far are placeholders with more detailed and race-specific models to come soon.
    Can you link the source for this?

Edit: nevermind just noticed the date on that post
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-02-04 at 01:06 AM.

lmao all these wrong opinions, nightborne look great.

That's not what is commonly understood by facial rigging when it comes to WoW models.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/15029247

Deleted
    They're heavily modified unique model, getting a second modification...sounds pretty new to me...compared to the copy and past jobs of Void Elves, Lightforged, and Dark Iron.
    What? Void Elves look absolutely amazing and a lot more time went into them than the current Nightborne. The amount of options they got compared to NB is sorta disgusting. It has more options in every single thing sometimes even double. They also got some amazing long hairstyles belf players have been crying out for years. If they were horde i would have race changed already.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2018-02-04 at 01:34 AM.

They're heavily modified unique model, getting a second modification...sounds pretty new to me...compared to the copy and past jobs of Void Elves, Lightforged, and Dark Iron.
    The difference is that Void Elves, Lightforged and Dark Iron were always supposed to be modified Blood Elves, Draenei and Dwarves. That's no scam. They look like how they've been advertised from the get-go. For Dark Iron, you can even argue that they went beyond.

But Nightborne don't look like their NPC equivalent, therefore they require more work to be closer to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    lack of flip-jump makes em inferior to nelfs, sorry
    That sounds like a real bummer. Did they remove the side flips for the void elves as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao all these wrong opinions, nightborne look great.

Lol the last face, now i see why blizzard went with the "wide" eyes, imagine if they had the npc eyes, the first and last face would be the nightborne with her eyes closed xD.

I still dont get why ppl say the EARS are wrong, maybe its the male that is wrong, because the female is the SAME as the npc one, its even more detailed. Looking at this pic i really cant see how their ears are wrong. https://i.imgur.com/YkFHVxj.jpg

I think the lack of the flip on nightborne its an oversight, same for the lack of earrings for the male.

Void elves have the side flips
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2018-02-04 at 02:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    That sounds like a real bummer. Did they remove the side flips for the void elves as well?
    Nope void elfs still spin.

Have race-changed one and leveling another Nightborne from lvl 20 now. The 110 one is a mage, and the lower level one is a warrior. I must say that it is a bit disapointing how the caster NB feels like, it's exactly like Night Elf caster animation that I am not the biggest fan of myself. But other than that(and the fact that they look a bit different than the NPC-models) the female NB looks at least very nice, and has a nice posture.

The warrior however I am very pleased with. It feels like a proper Nightborne Warrior(like Spellblade Aluriel) and I am really looking forward to put the heritage armor it. It flows well and it looks generally good when playing it.

I have an issue with NB when it comes to transmogging. It feels like it is only blue and white that fits the skin-color(forget the Blueberry Void Elves, Nightborne is in town) but the heritage armor will make up for that, wich looks really good.

Overall pretty happy with them, but I wish they could make them a bit less Night Elf, but other than that it is fine imo.

I do like the other 3 allied races also. But it seems when it comes to the models, Void Elves is the clear winner. I also seem to be the only one who likes the LF Draenei as well, I for one think they look like a more polished Draenei, like an upgrade. Happy with that anyway. Finding the right transmog helps, those markings and tattoos are nice.