Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must have my art book.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    I know that, but this guy was talking about buying the digital version, then buying the physical version later and getting a credit back. I had never heard of that particular scenario.
    Well, wouldn't the physical version typically be more expensive? My guess is they'd credit what you spent on the digital towards the physical, you pay the difference.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I've done it with mop and wod, you pre-purchase both, have them refund the digital key when you get the physical, it locks your boosted character and any above the previous level cap (110 for this), and then when you apply the new key you are good to go.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

With legion they didn't give us a refund, they gave us an extra key which was pretty pointless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    If that is the case with the character boosts it might not actually be too bad, in the UK the expansion pre-order is £40 and I think a boost is £45.
    As long as you're making good use of the boost then it's a cheap way of getting an extra and you still have the product key to do whatever with.
    well as i said - that's what i got (at least with legion). still have 1 boost unused (cause me lazy to level this 10 levels )
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-01-31 at 08:40 AM.

I've always preferred the disks but that was because I use them to play at an out-of-town friends house. Can you DD to more than one location ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, this is annoying. I also want a physical copy of the game but I want to mess around with the Nightborne already. ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    ...My guess...
    And the person I was responding to was guessing the same. I was asking if these guesses were based on how past expansions had gone or were how you guys hoped it would be/wanted it to be/thought it should be handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    It kinda sucks that the collectors amongst that like to have the hard copy boxed version get to miss out on all the allied races/new content.
    I've done it for every expansion, it usually goes two ways:

- You get the cost of the digital version as Battle.net balance.
    - They give you a code (Digital or Digital Deluxe depending on what you bought) back so you can give it to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this reply from Blizzard -

If you purchase a Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Legion, and then purchase a physical Collector's Edition of the Battle for Azeroth when it is released, we can help you get a replacement key for the original purchase. Whilst we will not be able to provide a refund of the initial purchase, we will provide you with a key of the same level as your pre-purchase, which you could then give to a friend.

This sucks as I don't want the Deluxe hard copy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, wouldn't the physical version typically be more expensive? My guess is they'd credit what you spent on the digital towards the physical, you pay the difference.
    Blizz itself does not sell the physical boxes, you buy those from retailers. You can't spend $50 for a digital one from Blizz then only get charged $20-$40 at the retailer because you already bought one.

The fact that Blizz doesn't refund the old purchase when you apply the physical CE code really sucks and I wish they would change it.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    The past two expansions I've gotten a full refund for the digital pre-purchase a few days before release. If you boosted a character, that character is locked until you add the physical key. I'm hoping they continue to do that this expansion, but they did change the refund policy a bit.
    what this guy said, i have 2 friends who do this, have for like 2 expansions now
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Well they will definitely have some kind of "cashback program" if you pre-purchase a Digital Deluxe edition (or even basic) now and register CE at release.
    Unlikely. Last time they just gave you a key in compensation.

Yaaaay, a game key. To give to my friends. Who already bought game keys and don't need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Yea but they could give Battle.net Balance though?
    They absolutely could do that thing.

However we have no historical precedent for them doing it.

Maybe they will this time. That'd be great. But they haven't said they will, and until they say it, it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

Yaaaay, a game key. To give to my friends. Who already bought game keys and don't need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they will this time. That'd be great. But they haven't said they will, and until they say it, it isn't happening.
    It seems wholly dependent on the customer rep. you get when you file the ticket. I got a cash refund for the digital pre-purchases. I know friends who've gotten game time added. I know friends who've gotten game keys.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It seems wholly dependent on the customer rep. you get when you file the ticket. I got a cash refund for the digital pre-purchases. I know friends who've gotten game time added. I know friends who've gotten game keys.
    Sure, but their policy when Legion was doing pre-orders was to refund you with a key.

I'm not planning on rolling the "Did I get the nice/ballsy customer service associate" dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Was Battle.Net Balance even a thing when the last xpac came out? Be fair.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Was Battle.Net Balance even a thing when the last xpac came out? Be fair.
    Look, as far as I’m concerned there’s no reason for them to not have had that announcement ready to go immediately. This was an incredibly predictable thing. They knew people would want this. The fact that they didn’t suggests to me that they’re probably not gonna do anything, and frankly last time they could’ve given game time and they still refused to.

So naw. It’s incumbent on them to give us a reason to assume they’re gonna do the sensible thing here. Until then, I’m gonna guess that they’re just gonna do what they’ve always done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked my Amazon account. I was able to pre-order my Legion CE in January for an August release.
    Why am I not able to order the CE anywhere yet?