10+ Year Old Account

Arizona state lawmakers claim Trump supporters questioned them on their appearance

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...-them-on-their

Arizona state lawmakers claimed that some supporters of President Trump targeted them over their appearance during a protest about immigration at the Arizona state capitol, the Arizona Capitol Times reported.

Democratic Rep. Eric Descheenie, who is Navajo, said the protestors asked him if he was in the country illegally.
    “I’m indigenous to these lands,” Descheenie told the Capitol Times. “My ancestors fought and died on these lands. I just told them, ‘Don’t ask me that question.’ ”

Democratic Rep. César Chávez, who came to the U.S. from Mexico when he was a child, said he was asked by a female protestor who he was.

Chávez told the Capitol Times that he told the woman he was “an undocumented legislator,” adding he made the comment for "the fun of it.”

He said the woman then called him “illegal.”

“She said something like, 'You’re illegal. Once illegal, always illegal,' ” Chávez told the paper. “I took no offense, no attention. It was just simply one of those things where you’re going to have a stance and I’m going to have a stance and we’re never going to agree on things.”

It’s unclear how many of the supporters posed the questions. The Trump supporters have denied that they asked the lawmakers and others at the capitol if they were in the country illegally.

State Democratic Senate Minority Leader Katie Hobbs wrote in a letter to the Arizona Senate president complaining about a lack of law enforcement on the scene, saying the supporters harassed staffers “perceived not to be white.”

“I can tell you that the Democratic staff who were yelled at by the protesters and called illegals definitely felt harassed and were not satisfied with the response,” Hobbs wrote, according to the Capitol Times. “They did not feel safe.”

The Trump supporters have denied the accusations.

“First, we were a group of several white, black and Latina Americans. To make assumptions that we were only calling out Hispanic representatives or ‘non-white’ legislatures [sic] is a disgusting, blatant lie,” one of the Trump supporters, Jennifer Caminiti-Harrison, told the Times in an email. “We also had legal immigrants visiting the Capitol who stood in solidarity with us along with Republican lawmakers who thanked us for being there and stopped for a photo.”

Caminiti-Harrison and another supporter, Lesa Antone, said they were at capitol to protest Living United for Change in Arizona activists, and that the two women are against illegal immigration.

The women told the Capitol Times they believed the activists from the social justice organization didn’t have the right to lobby lawmakers about immigration.

they asked me if i was illegal and i cried

waaaahhhhh

HASHTAG hardest day of my life

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post

waaaahhhhh

hardest day of my life HASHTAG
    Or, they asked them if they were illegal and he fucked with them and they became even more militantly stupid.

Reading is fundamental, but comprehension is a requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

waaaahhhhh

Those who came from Europe colonists asking a native American if he is illegal, only in murica.

Undocumented legislator, heh.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Those who came from Europe colonists asking a native American if he is illegal, only in murica.
    #FakeHistory

Everyone knows America was where God created white people.

Seriously though, the ignorance of these people is pretty amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Just another day in Arizona.

waaaahhhhh

Yeah we get it nothing is ever racist to you since you are one, thanks for the reminder.

supporters harassed staffers “perceived not to be white.”
    Nothing racist about Trumpism.

Nothing at all.

waaaahhhhh

So, one guy blew them off and the other one trolled them.

But they're the ones that are crying.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

waaaahhhhh

Real crying begins when someone calls these people deplorables.

Wahhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhaaa..

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to purge our government of all Jews brown people, am I right? #deplorables

Ah who am I kidding, most of them want the Jews gone too. Just looking at all of the whining about Soros and his shadow government led by Hillary and her ((((((((((((((((coastal elite))))))))))))))))))))))).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    #FakeHistory

Everyone knows America was where God created white people.

Yet, they still have the right to vote. I know, scary.

If the US had a nationwide referendum about whether they should preemptively nuke North Korea, i shudder to discover the result.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2018-02-04 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Yet, they still have the right to vote. I know, scary.

If the US had a nationwide referendum about whether they should preemptively nuke North Korea, i shudder to discover the result.
    Well there was a fun little out and about poll they did where they were asking random people if the US should nuke Agrabah and people were quit enthusiastic in their agreement lol.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

so one Arizona lawmaker gets offended at being asked if hes in the country illegally, and the news decides to write a story about it. Whats next, a story on how cats and dogs dont get along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    so one Arizona lawmaker gets offended at being asked if hes in the country illegally, and the news decides to write a story about it. Whats next, a story on how cats and dogs dont get along?
    You missed the part where they asked native americans.

waaaahhhhh

Methinks the lady doth project too much.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I'm trying to reproduce the conditions that led you to extract that meaning from the OP.

What kind of hammer did you hit yourself in the head with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.