Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Twisting Nether has always been in the same group finder queues as the German and french servers.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Racist rant of the day.

After 7.3.5 its pretty obvious something changed with the Group Finder in Europe as i am seeing servers i didnt know even existed and been here since Closed Beta EU 2004.

What exactly is Blackmoore-DE doing with Twisting Nether-EU suddenly, or Illidan-FR, i didnt even know Blackmoore-DE existed as a server.

Every server has bad players, but at least they dont spam French/German in party chat or in LFR when you cant communicate to stop the wiping on the alts.

Like seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

Or maybe Twisting Nether and The Maelstrom cluster didnt have these servers, others did, not sure why you decided to change it now, WoW had worst drought periods.
    What the fuck are you on about? Also, don't be a racist idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    The only Language Barrier European WoW has are Members of the ??????? Clan
    TBF, you have to blame addons and poor font choices for it

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't see the issue personally.

I've grouped with many a French, German and even Russian group and gotten my weekly clears. Met some friendly people too.

Communication block, right now you have no problems, but what if Dungeons and raids gotten harder and requires planning? How do you communicate with French, German and Russian that "Standing in fire is bad" You will have to translate that for each one, assuming there are no Spanish in the group as well...

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Communication block, right now you have no problems, but what if Dungeons and raids gotten harder and requires planning? How do you communicate with French, German and Russian that "Standing in fire is bad" You will have to translate that for each one, assuming there are no Spanish in the group as well...
    Odds of Heroic or Mythic dungeons getting harder are slim because Mythic + is remaining. That is where the big challenge will lie.

Odds of Normal or LFR getting harder to the point that you need to communicate consistently are slim as well since those modes are designed for a more casual mindset. Heroic and Mythic are there to accomodate those needs.

All I do is LFR, Normal and the odd Mythic + these days. I've done them just fine with plenty of non English speaking groups. Your scenario covers a "what if" situation which is unlikely to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Yeah, that's been a thing since 2010ish, in some cases being critical of a religion will also have you being called a racist. Racist now is just short for "I WANT TO CALL YOU MEAN NAUGHTY WORD THAT MAKES PEOPLE UPSET, BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY JOB/GET BANNED FROM SOCIAL MEDIA!"
    Your pathetic whinging sort of falls apart when you realise that UK amd UN law include religion, nationality, ethnicity in definitions of racial discrimination.

Racist rant of the day.

After 7.3.5 its pretty obvious something changed with the Group Finder in Europe as i am seeing servers i didnt know even existed and been here since Closed Beta EU 2004.

What exactly is Blackmoore-DE doing with Twisting Nether-EU suddenly, or Illidan-FR, i didnt even know Blackmoore-DE existed as a server.

Every server has bad players, but at least they dont spam French/German in party chat or in LFR when you cant communicate to stop the wiping on the alts.

Or maybe Twisting Nether and The Maelstrom cluster didnt have these servers, others did, not sure why you decided to change it now, WoW had worst drought periods.
    So basically you're shit and you blame others because you're stupid and can't understand anything ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Wait, people are SPEAKING in LFG?!

What is this voodoo?!
    I know right?
    Nowadays people say their first word at like Aggramar heroic LFG
    but Heroic Dungeons? Seriously? I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I love being sent to an OCE realm and having 230 ping
    I raided on that ping for a decade pre aussie realms. I was one of the best ranked in the world. You will manage fine. You are grouped with those servers because there aren't enough players on those servers to not do it. You will be fine at an entirely playerable 200 ping.

Also it isn't like you have to group for anything hard with lfg. Everything you do you could do half naked and still one shot it. A bit of extra ping isn't going to make a difference.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2018-02-04 at 10:35 AM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    My main issue with this is that it's almost impossible for me to report Eastern Europe players who are using hacks or otherwise cheating due to their names literally being in an alphabet my keyboard doesn't produce. French, German, Etc. Fine. Users of the Cyrillic alphabet who you can't report for hack using (particularly speed hacks, which have widespread used by Russians in BG's) are a different matter. Even in PVE I've seen some Russian one -shotters blowing through mythics one shoting bosses etc and been unable to report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Didn't know countries = race
    Religion is apparently also a race these days.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I love being sent to an OCE realm and having 230 ping
    As an OCE player, suck it. We've had to do that for 13 years.

Racist rant of the day.

Can't you just install GroupfinderFlags addon and then just deal with it?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/groupfinderflags

10+ Year Old Account
    You will cost me an infraction if i respond to you in the manner i should respond to you, and maybe in your server group, i have never seen those servers in The Maelstrom, in its cluster after that, and now in Twisting Nether in the last years.
    Calm down. I have been spammed with Russians (Nozdormu, German server) ever sind WoD, so this is nothing new.

Yeah it is annoying esp when they can't speak English but somehow you manage.

legion is dying ...boost overall pop by enlarging pools

Its not a language issue, its low tolerance to mistakes.
    Its getting more common everyday (im into it too)
    It quickly escalates to 'those guys are bad and i cant even talk to them' and on and on till you start being toxic.
    That's me, dont know bout u guys...i have trouble playing with pugs, and even in guilds i cant tolerate much and end up quiting after some time...people used to be more relaxed, i know i did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBF, you have to blame addons and poor font choices for it
    Nah, ?????? in Europe is in the vast majority of the cases a Russian client as Cyrillic isn't supported by other clients.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Nah, ?????? in Europe is in the vast majority of the cases a Russian client as Cyrillic isn't supported by other clients.
    Standard wow fonts support Cyrillic symbols in all clients. If you see ?????? - you are using custom fonts that do not.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Standard wow fonts support Cyrillic symbols in all clients. If you see ?????? - you are using custom fonts that do not.
    When I played without addons I still couldn't read the names from those realms, they still were '?????', I haven't played in years so maybe it changed or maybe I am wrong. But I remember quite clearly seeing '?????' and knowing where they are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You're wrong.

WoW client supports font families, so the client can pick the best font for the alphabet it needs to draw.

However, majority of addons doesn't use font families (you can actually blame Blizz for it, font API is severely limited), most addons set fonts directly, moreover, quite often people choose fonts that support only one language/alphabet, e.g., only Latin or extended Latin, so it doesn't support Cyrillic or Asian languages.

There's few reasons why people choose such fonts:
    - Aesthetics, many unusual fonts come w/ Latin alphabet support only;
    - Poor planing, many devs don't really care about multilingual support;
    - Addon size concerns, a font that supports only Latin is usually <100KB, a font w/ extended Latin, Greek and Cyrillic alphabets is >500KB, however, a font that also supports CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) is >20MB easily.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-04 at 11:48 AM.