Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’d like to see the Horde get more Elf variants. Nightborne were terribly disappointing due to how rushed and unfinished their model was.

Wretched, Nightfallen, Forsaken Elves and perhaps Lightforged (Sunforged?) Elves are at the top of my list before any other sub race.

The Alliance can have Krokul, Sethrakk and Vulpera. Maybe throw Vrykul in.
    So you want more Elf Variants on the Horde while the Alliance gets jack nothing. Right... Unreal..

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Oh yeah baby, Draenor Orcs, called it!

Now give me Blightcaller forsaken, gilblins, and elune worgen and I shall ascend to Metzenhood.
    elune worgen meaning worgen with a night elf form? yes, please

I like elves, but I think we have enough for now. If anything, maybe undead high elves for the Forsaken, but there's a lot of other things besides elves they could, and should, add first.

I think upright, fleshier undead models are more likely. Give them red eyes, have them undergone a ritual similar to Nathanos maybe. Check this model for a really rough idea of how it could look without the posture change.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Sailing can't affect them that rapidly, and you forget that the Faire is only accessible by portal, no one other than the Darkmoon troop know where it is on the map, and I doubt they stay there for a few days, also the Tuskarr in pandaria might've taken a portal as well,
    Whalebelly, Champion of the Sea Giant Pokémon Arena.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The last couple of pages had a bit of back and forth about Dreanor Orc Clans. My opinion on the matter is just add Mag’har with a lot of the Dreanor Orc customization. With two Orc Clan exceptions, Dragonmaw from Azeroth and the Shadowmoon that went to the Iron Horde.

I feel Dragonmaw is more or less self explanatory, and the Shadowmoon could be a way of giving the Horde a Void based race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    The last couple of pages had a bit of back and forth about Dreanor Orc Clans. My opinion on the matter is just add Mag’har with a lot of the Dreanor Orc customization. With two Orc Clan exceptions, Dragonmaw from Azeroth and the Shadowmoon that went to the Iron Horde.

I feel Dragonmaw is more or less self explanatory, and the Shadowmoon could be a way of giving the Horde a Void based race.
    The Shadowmoon Exiles assisted the Alliance, though. Do you think they would be reluctant to fight against them? Especially since Rulkhan (who I presume would be leading them still) was friends with Velen?

I really want Sethrak as a new playable race :/

Other than that, any kind of new playable race/allied race/existing race customization expansion is welcome. More variety is always better.

It'll be all the orc clans and Draenor options (I'd wager), they don't care about lore they'd rather utilized their assets and have people use them.

Humans will get Kul Tirans (probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    The Shadowmoon Exiles assisted the Alliance, though. Do you think they would be reluctant to fight against them? Especially since Rulkhan (who I presume would be leading them still) was friends with Velen?
    I wasn't referring to the exiles, I was thinking about the real deal ones that are hostile.... My thinking is now that the Iron Horde is defeated and the Horde might be looking match the Alliance's Void forces, that the Horde would go to them (not Rulkhan's clan) and ask them to join, and unlike Grommosh not threaten to kill them all, but just be all, "hey we need your clans prowess with the void, and you can live in peace under our horde."

so which side will get murlocs? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Whalebelly, Champion of the Sea Giant Pokémon Arena.
    He seemed to be a bit hardier then the other Tuskarr, we also don't know how long all the other Tuskarr have been there, they might've been their for only a few hours before we showed up

- - - Updated - - -

But then all the clans would only get like 2 or 3 options for customizations, Blizz can only give one race so many options

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone saying that Mogu should be an allied race seem to be forgetting one GIANT problem (which of course, they could retcon as Blizzard is fond of doing).... the only female of the race were killed off in ToT and they had the female Draenei look (albiet altered)

It's MUCH more likely that the Hozen join the horde, and they somehow make it so they live longer. Or not even address that at all.

He seemed to be a bit hardier then the other Tuskarr, we also don't know how long all the other Tuskarr have been there, they might've been their for only a few hours before we showed up

- - - Updated - - -

But then all the clans would only get like 2 or 3 options for customizations, Blizz can only give one race so many options
    Tuskarr can clearly survive outside of Northrend, only being there a couple hours is ludicrous when we get to some of them that say hang out in Pandaria, travel times and all that.

The point of giving Dreanor Orc customization under the Mag’har name is so players can get all of it, without having 2 choices per customization. I also can’t see Blizzard doing 8 Orc Allied Races. The customization between a Dreanor Warsong and Burning Blade are minimal. The remnants of the Dreanor Clans become the Mag’har as the red-pox takes them or they left behind when the Dark Portal is closed and the planet breaks apart. It’s not unreasonable that all those cultural differences mix and mingle. I.E. maybe a Warsong shaman tries his/her hand at carving out an eye just like the Bleeding Hallow Shaman.

Essentially is a compromise/best-of-both-worlds situation I propose. Horde and Mag’har have a strong allegiance already, and the customization for Dreanor Clans and Mag’har at the individual level are scarce.

Tuskarr can clearly survive outside of Northrend, only being there a couple hours is ludicrous when we get to some of them that say hang out in Pandaria, travel times and all that.

The point of giving Dreanor Orc customization under the Mag’har name is so players can get all of it, without having 2 choices per customization. I also can’t see Blizzard doing 8 Orc Allied Races. The customization between a Dreanor Warsong and Burning Blade are minimal. The remnants of the Dreanor Clans become the Mag’har as the red-pox takes them or they left behind when the Dark Portal is closed and the planet breaks apart. It’s not unreasonable that all those cultural differences mix and mingle. I.E. maybe a Warsong shaman tries his/her hand at carving out an eye just like the Bleeding Hallow Shaman.

Essentially is a compromise/best-of-both-worlds situation I propose. Horde and Mag’har have a strong allegiance already, and the customization for Dreanor Clans and Mag’har at the individual level are scarce.
    Sure maybe they might have the "Draenor Orcs", combine a few aspects of a few clans, but not that many, I just don't see them loading up one race with that many options, sure maybe you can have a Warsong shaman see if the whole Bleeding Hollow cutting out your eye thing works, but if the datamined Orc Clan(notice clan is singular) Armor is any indication, the most likely action Blizz is gonna take is to have the Warsong be the upfront, if not the only allied race for brown orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Everyone saying that Mogu should be an allied race seem to be forgetting one GIANT problem (which of course, they could retcon as Blizzard is fond of doing).... the only female of the race were killed off in ToT and they had the female Draenei look (albiet altered)

It's MUCH more likely that the Hozen join the horde, and they somehow make it so they live longer. Or not even address that at all.
    I don't think it's ever explicitly stated that all the female mogu were killed off, iirc they were largely rumors by non-mogu races. There's also a mogu that references another's mother, so they clearly still reproduce sexually.

As for hozen, I wouldn't personally play one, but it would be an interesting choice. I could see the Monkey King being their racial leader and he's a fun character

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That was pretty much retconned. Since we see tuskarr in both the Darkmoon Faire and in Pandaria.

My interpretation has always been that they just can't handle rapid climatic shifts, but can still travel outside of Northrend.
    And it might have had more to do with the captivity than the climate. How well were they being fed, were they being fed the proper food, etc, etc.

Also, they'd be a Race, not an Allied Race.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Sure maybe they might have the "Draenor Orcs", combine a few aspects of a few clans, but not that many, I just don't see them loading up one race with that many options, sure maybe you can have a Warsong shaman see if the whole Bleeding Hollow cutting out your eye thing works, but if the datamined Orc Clan(notice clan is singular) Armor is any indication, the most likely action Blizz is gonna take is to have the Warsong be the upfront, if not the only allied race for brown orcs
    I really hope it's not Warsong, of all the Dreanor Clans to choose from they offer the least "flavor". Laughing Skull is uniquely more distinct. On the topic of the Orc Clan armor to me it looks generic orc, almost like it would be a heritage armor to the current playable orcs, but that's just me.

If you want to go down the route of each Clan is it's own Allied race, it's not impossible, but at a certain point is worth it? Without naming MMOC posters, there are people that hate Allied Races and think they should just me more clicking on the down arrow on the skin tab in character creation. Personally I really like the Allied Race system as of now and have no issues with different cultures of the same race being added this way, i.e Dark Irons from the dwarf race. But here's a list of Orc Clans off the top of my head.

Azerothian (what we currently have, an amalgamation of all the clans that invaded during the first war and suffered the fel-taint)
    Mag'har (an amalgamation of all the clans that were left behind for various reasons but are uncorrupted)

Dragonmaw (some of which are still allied with the Horde; and offer a varied and more unique customization kit)
    Blackrock (the remnants of the invading force that claimed Blackrock Mountain, some of which joined Garrosh's True-Horde)

Frostwolves
    Thunderlord
    Laughing Skull
    Blackrock
    Burning Blade
    Shadowmoon (in Shag'zul? I believe they are purple-ish)
    Shadowmoon Exiles (still brown)
    Warsong
    Bleeding Hollow

That's twelve divergent orc clans and I know I'm forgetting at least one maybe two. I can't see how adding that many variations of re-colored orcs as singular Allied Races is a good idea.

Dragonmaw from Cataclysm is all I really care about in the end.

In my opinion, they should redo the concept of Allied Races. To me, most of these are merely sub-race options (and you should be able to change to them via the normal race's creation screen), and an Allied Race, would be something that's akin to the Jinyu and Hozen.

so we have these subraces:
    night elves -> nighborne
    blood elves -> voidelves(high elves)
    troll -> zalandari
    tauren -> high mountain
    dwarves -> iron dwarves
    dreanei -> lightforged

leaves us with (imo):
    orcs -> maghar
    forsaken -> nathanos style undead
    human -> kultiras
    worgen -> night elf worgen
    gnomes -> mecha style gnomes like in ulduar

can't think something for pandaren and goblins

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    so we have these subraces:
    night elves -> nighborne
    blood elves -> voidelves(high elves)
    troll -> zalandari
    tauren -> high mountain
    dwarves -> iron dwarves
    dreanei -> lightforged

leaves us with (imo):
    orcs -> maghar
    forsaken -> nathanos style undead
    human -> kultiras
    worgen -> night elf worgen
    gnomes -> mecha style gnomes like in ulduar

can't think something for pandaren and goblins
    Orcs > Draenor Clans from AU Draenor (Already confirmed by Hazzikostas)
    Goblins > Vulpera
    Worgen > Sethrak
    Gnomes > Junker Gnomes
    Pandaren > Nothing

Potential Neutral Race: Naga
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.