10+ Year Old Account
    Farmed the shit out of Nergy boy (solo & group) and am now wearing him and swinging him around while wearing an eyepatch.

Time to get around to actually tracking down the other elder dragons...

Been a Charge Blade stoic since it's introduction, for reference. For me it feels super versatile by being able to dish out crazy damage while still giving mobility and defensive options. Who needs to coward's leap from Nerg's charge when you can just plant with your shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Farmed the shit out of Nergy boy (solo & group) and am now wearing him and swinging him around while wearing an eyepatch.

Time to get around to actually tracking down the other elder dragons...

Been a Charge Blade stoic since it's introduction, for reference. For me it feels super versatile by being able to dish out crazy damage while still giving mobility and defensive options. Who needs to coward's leap from Nerg's charge when you can just plant with your shield?
    Doesn't hurt that the CB is OP as shit in World

After killing each Elder bois 3 to 6 times each, here is how I rank them in term of difficulty in my opinion (using a bow) easiest to hardest not counting Zorah :

-----------
    ---------------
    -------------
    -----------------
    6-Windy Boi
    5-Spooky Boi
    4-Shiny Boi
    3-Sparky Boi
    2-Fiery Boi
    1-Spiky Boi
    ---------------
    ----------------
    -----------
    --------------
    Coolest fight is Fiery Boi though, that theme.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2018-02-04 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Finally able to get a good chunk of game time in....and I’m stuck at the anjanath....probably tried the mission five times now....I suck and this is getting super frustrating.
    Similar to the NPCs in the game researching their foes and preparing ahead of time, that goes a long ways towards making him manageable. Always use the Cantina either in town or from the Handler at the camp, eat steak/rations and top off your health pool with Mega nutrients (usually takes two). Barroth's leggings provide 30% stun duration reduction. Unfortunately we don't have access to Cool Drinks when first engaging Anja, but don't be afraid to use the supply potions to counter the dot instead of burning mega potions (and you can bring honey with and convert the supply pots to mega potions if you really want) There are also Armorskin potions, but I'm not sure how long they last. I'd say shooting for at least 90 defense if not close to 100 is a reasonable goal before engaging him. Just have to do a bit of expeditions.

I play melee, but obviously as ranged you're gonna have to watch for fire breath way more. Generally speaking when he looks like a frilled lizard = bad mojo and he's gonna start breathing. Best to be moving laterally at all times when he's like that. As melee, you want to stay between his legs and he pretty much can't do shit to you. (Don't stand behind his legs though as he can kick you with his heels) You're not in range of tail whips or fire breath, but you do have to be wary of when he's ready to leap or bulldoze forward if he's enraged. I just iframe backwards when that seems likely and evade roll back under his legs if he repositions and leaves me in front of the business end of the "dargon".

You won't get great damage under there, but you also won't get smoked immediately, and you can still do a bit of dmg to the tail while staying in the safe zone, or a little bit to the head if you feel like being cheeky and can survive getting knocked on your ass if you fuck it up. When in doubt roll at him if you're knocked in front of his nose, but you can roll to the side if you're more like 10m out front.

Also be aware of the forest area that has the boulders you can drop on his head via slinger for a free knockdown KO or the vine trap that buys you like 10 secs of free DPS time again. Otherwise don't be afraid to drop a shock trap or preset a pitfall trap along his retreat path. (You can also convert the throwing knives from the supply chest to tranq or paralysis knives if you bring the appropriate mats with you. They work well to prevent him fleeing to the next area)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Tip for people interested.
    If you want a endless amount of Mega-Potions than have your botanical garden grow honey (fertilize with the best thing u can) and you buy normal potions from the vendor in the center. It cost 6600 Zen to get 100 normal potions.
    You make more than enough research points and zen to keep this going without needing to farm honey or herbs.
    I've never had issues with honey, especially with the frequent bounties and if you farm Anja for a while, he runs you past at least 2-3 honey nodes. You can even wear the +Honey equips. The more PITA one was the Bitterbugs, so that's what I've been farming instead since they're used for a lot of key recipes. I'll probably switch to Mandragora later if we can Cultivate those eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I've never had issues with honey, especially with the frequent bounties and if you farm Anja for a while, he runs you past at least 2-3 honey nodes. You can even wear the +Honey equips. The more PITA one was the Bitterbugs, so that's what I've been farming instead since they're used for a lot of key recipes. I'll probably switch to Mandragora later if we can Cultivate those eventually.
    Oh I've never had problems with honey, Just learned that little tidbit early on and now I don't have to collect it or herbs if I don't wanna.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh I've never had problems with honey, Just learned that little tidbit early on and now I don't have to collect it or herbs if I don't wanna.
    I still go around gathering everything I come across like a freaking klepto...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I still go around gathering everything I come across like a freaking klepto...
    I do the same thing lol, I just mash O as I run/walk around.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Tip for people interested.

If you want a endless amount of Mega-Potions than have your botanical garden grow honey (fertilize with the best thing u can) and you buy normal potions from the vendor in the center. It cost 6600 Zen to get 100 normal potions.

You make more than enough research points and zen to keep this going without needing to farm honey or herbs.
    Thanks for the tip, i totally forgot about that feature.
    Can the garden grow bitterbug and honey at the same time?

I need Nutrients and Mega Nutrients for when i cart.

Thanks for the tip, i totally forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

No clue I haven't really messed with it outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

You'll be able to grow 3 things (you can even grow the same item x3) at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You'll be able to grow 3 things (you can even grow the same item x3) at the same time.
    Sweet.
    Thanks for the info

Next time i log in i will have a look at that...i need to gather my strength to face Nergigante.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-02-04 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've made it a goal of mine in World to become proficient with every weapon. Shouldn't be too bad as I already have LS, IG, HBG, LBG, Bow, and Dual Blades in my repertoire but I just tried the Lance and I gotta say... How does anyone manage to die with this thing? Like gah damn this shit is OP. Great mobility, great defensive capabilities, and great consistent damage. Also charging halfway across the map to chase down a monster is so fucking epic. It's like the definition of "I'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in here WITH ME." Definitely excited to explore it some more.

-snip-
    Yea, I finally got him the next attempt...I Was only attempting him with 31 defense.....lol....I need to get better about crafting/farming for gear. And prepping better, I don't think I've made a single trap yet either...I am so finicky when using fake currency like AH i wont get that again. Granted the Rathian helped twice the final attempt.

My biggest issue is impatience with the fights....I just want to get combo after combo. When in reality I need to realize going in getting 1-2 hits then getting out unharmed is better than getting a full combo in but getting half my life taken out.

Unfortunately we don't have access to Cool Drinks when first engaging Anja, but don't be afraid to use the supply potions to counter the dot instead of burning mega potions (and you can bring honey with and convert the supply pots to mega potions if you really want)
    An additional trick with the fire dot - roll. Two to three normal rolls will put it out for Anjanath's fire.

Or if you're near water, rolling into that once will also extinguish the flame before it eats too much of your health away.

15+ Year Old Account
    finally got anjanath to drop a gem last night and my non blast bow set is complete dragonking eyepatch A anja chest A barotth B gloves Diablos B waist and Jyura a Legs and a focus charm giving me Marathon runner 3 special ammo boost 1 focus 3 and weakness exploit 2

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    An additional trick with the fire dot - roll. Two to three normal rolls will put it out for Anjanath's fire.

Or if you're near water, rolling into that once will also extinguish the flame before it eats too much of your health away.
    Literally. Stop....drop....and roll.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    lol yea, and I'm pretty sure they give you the "hey dummy roll when on fire" tutorial the first time you encounter it.

15+ Year Old Account
    when you get up to monsters with blast you can also roll that off just like fire.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    when you get up to monsters with blast you can also roll that off just like fire.
    Yup yup.

Good ol Brachydios beat that one into me...literally.....

So I decided I wanted to farm the Nergigante armor, boy was that a mistake. This fight is real pain, being in a group makes it easier but it's so easy to get one shot even with the health boost from food. You don't get a lot of materials from killing him either.

I've also reached the point where I've run out of money, gonna have to solo a few high rank investigations one I've collected all the materials I need.