Poll: Are you satisfied with your boosted 100 character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have no idea why I haven't boosted anything.
    Don't want to feel like I wasted it so I am currently just waiting to boost something at some point but have no idea what.
    I wanted to boost a Void Elf SOMETHING since I am main horde and its good to have something on alliance other than the DH I created to do the Allied Races quests, but I currently have no idea if I want to play a new class (and farm some mage tower stuff before theyre removed from the game) or PvP with one of my main classes (since I'll have those cool elite sets)
    decisions decisions

7+ Year Old Account
    tbh I would rather see 30 days gametime than boost... When you don't have active game buying x-pac and game time is quite expensive (ofc I'm talking about it from non € position where prices are 4x higher for us)
    I think blizz gave this boost for people who wanted to unlock allied races on alliance/horde where they don't have max lv so they can boost someone get new races and then start from low lv.
    Last edited by Thrashmetal; 2018-02-04 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I boosted a nightborn mage, because I wanted to have a toon in all classes but I will never play the mage, because I cant stand mages.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Boosted another rogue, my level 60 blood elf rogue to be exact, on another server to use the BMAH there.

She makes my 15th 110 character, so it's not like I'll be playing her much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Check your invoice email. i paid for following items:

World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth, which consists of:

World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth Charakteraufwertung (Stufe 110) ---> (boost)
    World of Warcraft®: Battle For Azeroth ---------->> (expansion)

Gesamt (Einschließlich gesetzlicher Mehrwertsteuer) --------> (total, including vat)
    44,99 EUR

Verkauft von
    Blizzard Entertainment®

(Die Kontaktinformationen können Sie in den Verkaufsbedingungen finden.)

If u dont run a business yourself and never made an legally correct invoice, i can assume that you might think that the bosst is free, but in the real world it is included in the total, and it is (as required by law) listed as an separate item on the invoice.
    Be that as it may, the expansion itself is what you pay for. The boost is an incentive given along with the expansion. A boost is 60$, the expansion was 50. This isn't a complicated matter and you're simply arguing the point because you want to be right, no matter how wrong you are
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I haven't used the boosts. Will have 4 of them eventually, but I don't see myself using them. I have almost 50 characters @ 110 (thanks Invasion leveling!) and the Allied race characters will be leveled from scratch.

I wish it were possible to trade the boosts in for race changes, honestly.

You pay for the expansion, the boost is included for free.
    No, it is included in the price - not free.

Blizzard does normally not claim it is "free" - because that would be illegal marketing in many countries, since law-makers think that there are people stupid enough to fall for such a trick.

See:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ba...e/tab=standard
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...e/tab=standard

"Also includes character boost", not "free character boost".

There, simple enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    why free? i had to pay for the new addon package that includes the boost. Dont be victim to marketing gags like this.
    You didn't pay $60 for the boost. It's closer to $10 if we count past price increase and other features.

Haven't used it or the previous ones, would much rather have had a free character transfer or race change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I missed the part where I was going to need a level 110 of the Alliance faction to do the allied races quests. So I boosted an old alliance alt paladin and did the quests. I’ve got everything at 110 already, so no loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    No, it is included in the price - not free.
    You are falling for it. Include in the price means the same thing as free. The price you pay for X product includes a bunch of free extras. In the case of WoW we know that the boost is being included for free based on price break downs and past expansion costs. BfA standard addition costs 49.99 usd. A boost costs 60 usd.

But hey as you said some people are stupid enough to fall for such a trick.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are falling for it. Include in the price means the same thing as free.
    What am I falling for?

I note that your location says Michigan.

I don't know the specific laws there, but in EU using the word "free" in advertising for a product that isn't "free" is unfair marketing (Annex I of Directive 2005/29/EC). I'm sure Blizzard has lawyers that can read that.

15+ Year Old Account
    What am I falling for?
    That just because they do not use free it is any different then if they did. It is still a free boost include with the purchase of BfA. Again the price of a boost is $60 usd. The price of BfA with a free boost is $50 usd. We know that past expansions were in line with the $50 price point. That means the price doesn't account for any of the boost.

Include with and Free with are the same thing if the price doesn't change.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

That just because they do not use free it is any different then if they did. It is still a free boost include with the purchase of BfA.
    No, it is included in the price - there is no free boost, and there are no free lunches.

The point is that some people don't think straight when they see "free"; that's why people go spending it immediately since it was "free".

I used it to put a character on a dead realm to farm timeless isle rares and zandalari warbringers

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it is included in the price - there is no free boost, and there are no free lunches. The point is that some people don't think straight when they see "free"; that's why people go spending it immediately since it was "free".
    Include at no additional charge is free. I am not paying $60 for the boost there fore it is _ _ _ _ . So now everyone who spent the boost immediately is not thinking straight because they got it free? Yep we know the one being fooled here...

I have a max level of every class except my Death Knight this expansion, who sat at 100, waiting to eat the 110 boost. I do the same thing each xpac, my least favorite class to level sits and waits for the boost. So I'm pretty happy I didn't have to level him
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I would have preferred a race change for my main, I've played Mage since the beginning, I don't plan on retiring it either. It is just strange for Blizzard to want people to just up and quit their main and the character they've played for years. I do have alts but they were mainly for gold making purposes, Legion is the first expansion where I didn't use them because of the quest crap they added to tradeskills. I don't think I've used any of my boost. In the end, i'll just race change my main and level an allied race character to see the new leveling scaling stuff. I don't really care for transmog or the armor stuff they will give you for leveling from 20 to 110. I wish they would increase the rep from the quest needed to unlock the allied races too. By the time Argus rolled out, I was sick of doing world quest. Bad idea overall to gate something for the next expansion with rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more or less waiting to know more about what classes are going to look like in the new expansion. With that said I'm thinking about boosting a warlock or monk at the moment.

Include at no additional charge is
    not free.

Since you pay money for the entire package, and thus it isn't free. How is that difficult to understand?

I’ll hold on to the boost in case I want to change to a new server.