Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I found it made the conversation between Thalyssra and Liadrin all the more hilarious.

"The Alliance feels too walled off and stagnant"
    "Yeah, the Horde really lets you be yourself, by the way don't go near the void or you will be exiled and also swear your life to Sylvanas and obey every command she gives you."
    "Please don't doom our world by dabbling into shit you don't know about and literally turns you unstable and into a high level danger." doesn't sound like a invalid complaint.

If it wasn't for Rommath and Thalyssra, some of the strongest mages, the Void dude would have corrupted the Sunwell and turned it into a portal for their forces.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    "The alliance wont let us be ourselves"

Then the alliance let void elves in, and be themselves. Just asks them not to go into the cathedral.
    being yourself and practicing the void which everyone KNOWS is dangerous isnt the same thing. literally nowhere is old god worship a part of elven culture.

also there is no indication that anyone has a problem with the void elves visiting the cathedral other than one or two racists priests . in fact several make some obvious attempts to accomodate them. "Light watch over.....well...Have a good day then!"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If it wasn't for Alleria you mean. Sure she caused it by mistake, but the others just gave her power to do her thing and shut it down.
    yep Lorthemar should at least let his mages study with Alleria's so they at least know better how to counteract the void.

the FACT is the sunwell is now a light construct and is anthema to void elves but understanding something isnt propogating it.

reminds me of those stupid ass people who think sex education leads to more sex

And its good to note that AFTER his exile that Umbric realized by finding the only other person to dable in void, that he was taking huge risks. Eager to please a celebrity and war hero he opened that box without procautions .

like its annoying to hear people act like the void elves are these reckless idiots when they were the only victims of their mistake that they themselves will admit exuberantly was a mistake.

they are literally like "This is a great dark power and we need to study it because WE got lucky and if we didnt get LUCKY then we'd all be slaves now so we need to UNDERSTAND this power so that when others get tricked or this power comes to kill us we can stop it better'

its similar to how the nightborne are hasseled for being willing to pick a side.
    These people watched as their own friends and family sold each other out, let each other die and then created civil war leading to nightborne killing each other for survival.

Like these people have been FORCED to probably kill their own family in an attempt to free their society.

So while yes though many have what they might consider friends in the alliance, things like "having to kill your friends for survival ' is something they've been doing for the last few months.

you dont have to agree with something to UNDERSTAND it
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Please don't doom our world by dabbling into shit you don't know about and literally turns you unstable and into a high level danger." doesn't sound like a invalid complaint.

If it wasn't for Rommath and Thalyssra, some of the strongest mages, the Void dude would have corrupted the Sunwell and turned it into a portal for their forces.
    It's an invalid complaint when their entire race is fel-tinged because they dabbled in fel magic and they still let warlocks walk around. Fel magic is a hundred times more chaotic and corrupting than the void. Not to mention they dabble into shit they know nothing about 24/7, remember Anima? The Nightborne relics dug up on the Broken Isles? The Blood Elves literally have a faction dedicated to dabbling with shit they don't understand.

Also

Lol, "If it wasn't for Rommath and Thalyssra"? Alleria was the one who knew how to deal with and close the rift. Thalyssra and Rommath literally did not even know what to do, and I quote: "Tell us what to do, and we will lend our strength." Wow, it's almost like knowing about the void and using it with control is extremely powerful and helpful.

All banishing Umbric and his group did was throw them out on their own without any support. It's the exact reason they ended up in trouble.

5+ Year Old Account
    Real Talk: Banning the exploration of Void Magic is an appropriate thing to do for Silvermoon itself.

For the longest time, Warlocks were an underground sect of sorcerers that -everyone- fucking despised and now barely tolerate, canonically.

Playing with the Void in Silvermoon has all of the connotations of Demon-Trafficking with the added bonus of corrupting the Sunwell.

Exiling people who turn to dark magics is not "New" in the WoW universe. And at least banished they're still alive to do it. Gilneas had witch-hunters who tracked down and killed Warlocks.

As to the "They should ask Alleria how to ward it" thing: No. They shouldn't. The Void is, by it's very nature, a corruptive and manipulative force that twists the mind and bends the heart. The best way to protect the Sunwell is to keep anything and anyone which is empowered by the Void or supported by the void or who wields the void or whatever AWAY from the Sunwell. No amount of Void-Magic is going to protect it and will, just as likely, corrupt it by proximity.

You wanna ward the Sunwell against the Void? Put up Light Barriers around it because the void can't touch the light without massive harm to both. Add in some "No teleporting, damn it!" runes and a few "Anti-Portal" spells both using Arcane Magic and you're probably about as golden as you're going to get.

I say all of this as someone maining a Void Elf Warlock this expansion.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Real Talk: Banning the exploration of Void Magic is an appropriate thing to do for Silvermoon itself.

For the longest time, Warlocks were an underground sect of sorcerers that -everyone- fucking despised and now barely tolerate, canonically.

Playing with the Void in Silvermoon has all of the connotations of Demon-Trafficking with the added bonus of corrupting the Sunwell.

Exiling people who turn to dark magics is not "New" in the WoW universe. And at least banished they're still alive to do it. Gilneas had witch-hunters who tracked down and killed Warlocks.

As to the "They should ask Alleria how to ward it" thing: No. They shouldn't. The Void is, by it's very nature, a corruptive and manipulative force that twists the mind and bends the heart. The best way to protect the Sunwell is to keep anything and anyone which is empowered by the Void or supported by the void or who wields the void or whatever AWAY from the Sunwell. No amount of Void-Magic is going to protect it and will, just as likely, corrupt it by proximity.

You wanna ward the Sunwell against the Void? Put up Light Barriers around it because the void can't touch the light without massive harm to both. Add in some "No teleporting, damn it!" runes and a few "Anti-Portal" spells both using Arcane Magic and you're probably about as golden as you're going to get.

I say all of this as someone maining a Void Elf Warlock this expansion.
    It's cute you think Alleria brought the void to the Sunwell, and not that she just revealed what was already lurking there.

Playing with the void is completely harmless if properly supervised, because no, the Void is not even remotely "corruptive and manipulative" by it's very nature. It is raw consumption, darkness, just the counter part to Light. The life to its death, the cold to its hot.

It is the things lurking in the Void that are manipulative, you know, the exact same as the Light and the corruptive, manipulating forces that lurk in it.

If you want to Ward something against anything, you put up layers of different, complementary security. That is just common sense. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, and you certainly don't ward something against the Void by using the thing that the Void has spent literally eternity fighting. You want something resistant to Light? You Lightforge it. You want something resistant to the Void? You use the Void to ward it.

The Blood Elves couldn't even figure out how to close a rift, like they are going to set up a successful defense with zero knowledge of the Void.

I mean it is obvious Rommath is worried that the Void is trying to attack the Sunwell. And he well should be; the Sunwell is now a host to a naaru spark and the Void ALWAYS moves to gain control of those. He needs help from Alleria or someone like her to learn how to ward the Sunwell from the Void. But he is probably too arrogant to ask for it.
    All this makes me think that the Sunwell will actually become a portal for an Old God to emerge through: destroying Silvermoon in the process (and to justify repairing/improving it later). Also, the exiled Void Elves and Alleria will probably become fundamental in fixing the portal later in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean his adventuring was in alliance territory.
    Someone hasn't done the Ashenvale Cata quests

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    All this makes me think that the Sunwell will actually become a portal for an Old God to emerge through: destroying Silvermoon in the process (and to justify repairing/improving it later). Also, the exiled Void Elves and Alleria will probably become fundamental in fixing the portal later in the expansion.
    The Void Elves will.

But it's the Hour of her Third Death that ushers them in, and Alleria going Mad is her third death. She's gonna be the Void version of the Lich King.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The Void Elves will.

But it's the Hour of her Third Death that ushers them in, and Alleria going Mad is her third death. She's gonna be the Void version of the Lich King.
    Didn't think about that, interesting possibility to be sure!

Ah the rambling of salty alliance not getting nightborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Void Elves will.

Potential Spoiler below.
    Yeah, but doesn't Sylvanas kill Alleria in the preview for the new book?

And I hope Alleria doesn't go mad, solely because they'll push Turalyon to basically be our Tirion for that, and honestly, Turalyon is boring as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
    Potential Spoiler below.
    Yeah, but doesn't Sylvanas kill Alleria in the preview for the new book?

And I hope Alleria doesn't go mad, solely because they'll push Turalyon to basically be our Tirion for that, and honestly, Turalyon is boring as all hell.
    And Tirion wasn't? The whole fantasy of paladins is "if I believe hard enough I win" and that's the only story they've ever been given in wowcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Anyway the experience will be weird. I mean at some point the Nightborne will end up saving Thalyssra who will call them Outlander and send them to Suramar where they will need to masquerade as themselves (well not really, since they look nothing like the actual Nightborne) to not get attacked in their own city.

Wait, what?
    Prune Elves start at exalted with the Nightfallen and with all the related quest achievements unlocked to avoid that.

Funny how Blizzard cares about continuity there but then completely ignores the rest of the game’s fucked up timeline.

Allied races start in post legion, head back in time to Cata, then back to Outland/Northrend, then forward to Cata again before going through time naturally until Legion where they finally catch up with their actual timeline at the end of the 7.3.5 Silithus questline.

I just wish they’d at least make the old world scale to 80 so we can skip the time travel a little bit as a non-allied race.

I love how void is suddenly the most useful thing since slice bread just because alliance race dabbles in it, I bet if cringe elves were horde the same people that praise it now would be bitching how horde became evil and they need to be purged.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I love how void is suddenly the most useful thing since slice bread just because alliance race dabbles in it, I bet if cringe elves were horde the same people that praise it now would be bitching how horde became evil and they need to be purged.
    I think its more 7.3. Before the void had never been shown as anything but bad. It wasn't until chronicles that it was even considered as anything but bad and the questing experience on Argus pretty much confirmed it's just a power like any other that idiots keep misusing. It's not evil, it's just chaotic and few people understand chaos enough to wield it without going overboard, heck 90% of this board are using random old god and knaifu whispers as actual accurate lore predictions so it looks like most people simply aren't strong enough to handle even idle lies.
    Locus walker seems to be the first and Alleria and the void elves seem to be the biggest successes in this way of looking at the void with some priests on Azeroth also figuring this out along the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    We don't...
    they are still not welcome in SW cathedral, even thou Anduin welcomed them into the Alliance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    We don't...
    they are still not welcome in SW cathedral, even thou Anduin welcomed them into the Alliance.
    Yes they are. The priest simply points out, that the church isn't the most appropriate place for them, that's all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes they are. The priest simply points out, that the church isn't the most appropriate place for them, that's all.
    "Tread carefully, $c. Lady Alleria's name will only carry you so far."
    A rather aggresive way of merely pointing out they might be happier somewhere else.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    "Tread carefully, $c. Lady Alleria's name will only carry you so far."
    A rather aggresive way of merely pointing out they might be happier somewhere else.
    Passive aggresive priests? Surely not!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann