Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Right, with the restored Sunwell those differences no longer exist is my point.
    Pitting High Elves against each other through the Silver Covenant and the Blood Elves was already really weak lore tbh. It was an after thought in order to give the Horde "prettier races."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinbros3 View Post
    Don't bother giving him a reason, it isn't an answer he is interested in. You could give him solid facts and it still wouldn't change his mind on not wanting High Elves added regardless
    None of your reasoning matters, If Blizzard worked the way you wanted it you would have had high elves over ten years ago. Nice ban evasion btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Just so we’re all on the same page, this debate only ends in one of two ways, servers are shut off or High Elves are added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    None of your reasoning matters, If Blizzard worked the way you wanted it you would have had high elves over ten years ago. Nice ban evasion btw.
    Don't bother giving him a reason, it isn't an answer he is interested in. You could give him solid facts and it still wouldn't change his mind on wanting High Elves added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Just so we’re all on the same page, this debate only ends in one of two ways, servers are shut off or High Elves are added.
    Give Blood Elves blue eyes via the barber shop and I think these threads will at least be less frequent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Give Blood Elves blue eyes via the barber shop and I think these threads will at least be less frequent.
    No, sadly they would since the issue is Horde vs Alliance.

I wish you were right about that, I really want you to be right.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-02-05 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Or just ya know just cave and give Alliance High Elves and the Horde Ogres. No one gets hurt, Alliance cements itself as the pretty faction the Horde continue down the monster route, the crying stops from all camps, and Blizzard will make some money.

The biggest reason people keep asking for them is their iconic Warcraft 2 aesthetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or just ya know just cave and give Alliance High Elves and the Horde Ogres. No one gets hurt, Alliance cements itself as the pretty faction the Horde continue down the monster route, the crying stops from all camps, and Blizzard will make some money.

The biggest reason people keep asking for them is their iconic Warcraft 2 aesthetic.
    the biggest reason is that people want play legolas on the good faction, no matter how people dance around other arguments, is always this one

besides, is not fair compare ogres and high elves, since high elves are already add on the game

If ogres were put in the alliance, than of course your argument could be vallid

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

This argument only works if blood elves didn't exist and weren't on the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Now you're being naive.

The issue for most of these people basically boils down to "boohoo, the faction I don't like got a race that I want". They want their pretty, human-skinned elves on their preferred faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    That so called word of god has been flat out wrong several times even getting to the point of killing Falstad in Cataclysm until the red shirt guy came,
    The status of a particular minor NPC is not comparable to the status of an entire race, especially when Ion would have spent the past few years looking in detail at potential Allied race candidates and either approving or rejecting them. He was on top of his brief when he ruled out Alliance High Elves because it is certain that they came up as a potential candidate.

And they aren't here. Well...they are here. That's why they were rejected.

the developers word is sometimes the less reliable thing Blizzards has, lets also remember the "Wow, dungeons are hard" in Cataclysm or the no flying in Draenor and future expansions, the no more content droughts, and the now on development impossible vanilla realms.
    Again, not comparable. You are talking about systems that were altered following feedback. This is a matter of in universe lore, and we have word of God on the matter. Until the time word of God retcons this, you have no argument. You can complain about why you think it SHOULDN'T be that way, but you can't (as you have) go out and say that it ISN'T that way.

At the moment, Blood Elves are confirmed to be Blizzard's playable High Elves. And this isn't even a new stance. Chris Metzen said exactly the same thing following the announcement of playable Blood Elves, that they were Blizzard's take on High Elves just as Night Elves were their take on Wood Elves.

But I'll give you one thing tough, when Blizz is going full retard on certain matter they only listen to players when they vote with their wallets.
    A sad reasoning I have heard for over a decade. If that was all that mattered they would have done it by now.

And I am sure Void Elves are earning them a pretty penny as it is and they seem to be enough for the vast majority of Alliance players.

If of course you mean you will boycott until you get playable Alliance High Elves I am afraid you'll just be stopping yourself playing the game until shutdown.

The money argument is redundant.

They caved when they created Void Elves. That's the compromise. No way are they going to give the Alliance a second thalassian model, one that is a total clone of the Horde version, when the Horde only has one.

And I wish people would stop banging on about the 'iconic Warcraft 2'. Warcraft 2 is not an iconic. It was a really good generic fantasy RTS from twenty years ago that rooted it's story in standard fantasy tropes and invited players to fill in the blanks.

The story has moved on in the past twenty years and it doesn't matter what was what in Warcraft 2.

After all, you played Warcraft for what? 20 hours tops?

And maybe some time in multiplayer if you could access battle net over the primordial internet?

The Blood Elves (who are the High Elves) have been a part of the Horde for far, far longer in terms of player engagement than they ever were a part of the Alliance.

I'd argue they are an iconic HORDE race at this point in fact.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-02-05 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    Ah yes, is "too cool for school" also your slogan, cause you are so edgy I think I cut myself on all the edgyness . Please reply to this post though, it helps keep this thread running.
    I was waiting a proper response regarding the supposed usefulness of these mystical threads but you disappointed me once again. Then again, your brilliance got you banned so I'm afraid I'll have to wait for your enlightened insight.

I'm far from a pro-Helfer, but from what I understand they view High Elves as Blood Elves but with the "bad" removed because the rejected Kael'thas' way. They didn't have to restort to sucking mana out of wyrms, enslaving naaru, using fel crystals etc.

Basically, they are Blood Elves but with mary sue lore.
    Heh, I already answered to Magnagarde's post but just look how guys like him sees the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This can be observed from the standpoint of the races talked about in this thread's title; the Alliance high elves didn't do any kind of controversial stuff the blood elves did. Furthermore, they fought the Horde on various fronts(ie Vereesa in Grim Batol) and across different worlds even(ie Allerian Stronghold), whereas the present-day blood elves remained within their kingdom, protecting themselves only and not seeing the big picture.
    They're clearly the better Thalassians the morally crystaline Alliance deserves! (let's ignore the fact how they're proving more than ever that refusing to feed on critters have been a matter of petty pride and little else, considering how the filthy hypocrites joyfully jump onto the Void wagon now).

That route have been utterly ignored already the moment Horde got Blood Elves and Alliance got Worgen. The playable factions aren't mono-thematic anymore and the new Allied Races prove that more than ever.

Plus, as other people said, the Horde already got the High Elves. You can't create the dualism you mention even if you give Ogres to the Horde, since both factions would have High Elves anyway. It would just be a Pandaren situation all over again and Blizzard wants to avoid that at all costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I'm far from a pro-Helfer, but from what I understand they view High Elves as Blood Elves but with the "bad" removed because the rejected Kael'thas' way. They didn't have to restort to sucking mana out of wyrms, enslaving naaru, using fel crystals etc.

Basically, they are Blood Elves but with mary sue lore.
    Just what Alliance needs. Isn't Anduin enough? He got them covered on mary sue lore for next 60 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Just what Alliance needs. Isn't Anduin enough? He got them covered on mary sue lore for next 60 years.
    And im afraid its just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    They're clearly the better Thalassians the morally crystaline Alliance deserves! (let's ignore the fact how they're proving more than ever that refusing to feed on critters have been a matter of petty pride and little else, considering how the filthy hypocrites joyfully jump onto the Void wagon now).
    Void elves are blood elves, meaning the high elves still didn't go for the void and preserved their integrity(my point which you quoted still stands). When it comes to players, it was obvious they'll accept void elves out of desperation and that this desperation is what Blizzard is counting on; this is something I've brought up a number of times. Then there's also a very few of them who might find them to be genuinely better(an edgier version of controversial blood elves).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Twinbros hasn't been banned for his "down syndrome" comment, he just got an infraction for trolling (which is quite deserved considered his constant provocation about anyone commenting serving "his cause")
    The person he replied to is a self-proclaimed "anti-Alliance high elf" guy in the first place though.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-02-05 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Void elves are blood elves, meaning the high elves still didn't go for the void and preserved their integrity. When it comes to players, it was obvious they'll accept void elves out of desperation and that this desperation is what Blizzard is counting on; this is something I've brought up a number of times. Then there's also a very few of them who might find them to be genuinely better(an edgier version of controversial blood elves).

The person he replied to is a self-proclaimed "anti-Alliance high elf" guy in the first place though.
    Actually There's High elves becoming Void elves in Telogrus.
    And you have High elves walking alongside Void elves in the Stormwind Mage district.

The Velves may very well end up absorbing the Helves lorewise.
    I suppose we'll see what happens to Vereesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    And you have High elves walking alongside Void elves in the Stormwind Mage district.

Well yeah, they might end up doing so. The story is ever-changing. Not excluding the possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post

Vereesa is very likely going to be absorbed by soil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    indeed, this is fine apparently.. You can insult anyone, if you are anti high elf.

its not a insult if it is true, this disease is runing around for 10 years, with the same arguments, even with the new elves, they just come up with the same old arguments