Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    How is Sylvanas not evil, OP?
    Outright villains rather than anti villains antiheroes, morally ambigious, villainous protagonists etc.

Like Diablo vs tychus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Outright villains rather than anti villains antiheroes, morally ambigious, villainous protagonists etc.

Like Diablo vs tychus.
    These things are point of view based most of the time. Diablo is different because they're literally living incarnations of evil. Sylvanas is evil because she doesn't care about consequences and collateral damage. She's just written to be sympathetic because the game she comes from has her as a protagonist to half the players and an antagonist to the other half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Just wait for the day, when Magatha Grimtotem comes.
    ALL of my want.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Maiev tried to kill innocent highborne, and heads of state. Despite what people try tried to push she is a villian.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Maiev tried to kill innocent highborne, and heads of state. Despite what people try tried to push she is a villian.
    Every 'hero' here has done a bad thing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    There's a book - i forget the name, havnt really read it just heard about it - wherein she actively goes and stops the peace from deterioating.
    a StarCraft book post-LotV ending ? anyone know the name ?

this ? http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2018-02-05 at 07:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Andariel and Maghda were essentially side bosses at best
    Uhhh Andariel is just as viable as Azmodan is, both are lesser evils so youre wrong there bud. Must not have paid attention much of D2.

Funny thing. Villains Wikia has even Jaina in the list of warcraft villains. And tbh... They aren't that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Yep, that was the one i was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    These things are point of view based most of the time. Diablo is different because they're literally living incarnations of evil. Sylvanas is evil because she doesn't care about consequences and collateral damage. She's just written to be sympathetic because the game she comes from has her as a protagonist to half the players and an antagonist to the other half.
    Sylvanas kinda embodies what Tauren hate aswell though. I doubt Liadrin/Saurfang/Ji(lol)/Darkspear person/Thalyssra are all that pleased with her either but atleast they're easier to explain. That said, Sylvanas has the thickest of plot armors so she'll probably remain within the Horde for quite a long time and thus never really reach actual villain status, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Funny thing. Villains Wikia has even Jaina in the list of warcraft villains. And tbh... They aren't that wrong
    They are... all based on that idiotic dreadlord hoax. People are immune to good character progression and good writing. As Ner'zhul and Jaina show...

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    They are... all based on that idiotic dreadlord hoax. People are immune to good character progression and good writing. As Ner'zhul and Jaina show...
    I hate that dreadlord thing. I meant the purge of Dalaran and other questionable things she has done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I hate that dreadlord thing. I meant the purge of Dalaran and other questionable things she has done.
    Yeah but that was good writing actually! I mean she had her rationality destroyed with the mana bomb - she was a horde sucker till then. And she took one hit over another no matter where she went but no longer was she that positive good will girl from before but a more conservative (alliance!) and distrusting person. If a dreadlord wanted to deceive her after - after the manabomb it was his chance

The worst thing in Wwarcraft lore are these super objective and all overseeing characters that are neutral in everything "cause it's all a plot by the true enemy!". I mean "obvious champ cool you break that 4th wall!"

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Uhhh Andariel is just as viable as Azmodan is, both are lesser evils so youre wrong there bud. Must not have paid attention much of D2.
    Azmodan was in Diablo 3. Andariel was the very first boss in Diablo 2. I'm not saying she isn't viable, I'm saying that she was a fairly minor boss in a game that was last active over a decade ago.

Even in Diablo II, the beginning and end of Andariel's story and lore was basically the very brief fight you encountered her in.

There are just dramatically better choices out there. Still, Blizzard likes to pick a variety of odd characters and this one could technically work.

Onyxia just because I want to see a dragon that is not a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Oh shit, Timothy Zahn wrote a StarCraft book? That's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I think Moira (Bronzebeard) was listed on an early list of leaks. I wonder if she's still being considered as a potential Priest character. Is she still considered evil?
    Not sure she ever really was. She just ran off to get the dick from the Dark Iron boss. I suppose she took over the Dark Irons after and invaded Iron Forge, but she felt it was hers by right of succession (which is technically was). I think she's in more of a grey area at her most "evil," and Blizz has redeemed her and made her into a good character last we heard from her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    kael'thas?
    Is female?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Oh shit, Timothy Zahn wrote a StarCraft book? That's pretty awesome.
    Best part is when Zagara provides snacks and refreshments to the humans at the start of peace talks. Yes, that's a thing that happens.

Zagara is totally good now.