Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um, that's not what happened though.

They spent years adjusting the script for use in the Cloverfield universe... Being inspired to include a story and weaving it into a bigger one =/= just slapping something on at last minute to boost ticket sales.
    If that movie is considered "weaving" to you, I'm not sure what to say. To me and everyone I spoke to it was the most obvious mashed-on third act that didn't fit at all with the rest of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Most people I know, went into 10 Cloverfield Lane without a single clue as to what it'd be besides a thriller and I've never seen people take such care to not spoil an ending.
    Maybe because despite the stupid third act it's a really good movie and spoiling it would make people not see it? I mean, despite what it sounds like I actually sort of like the fact that they pushed the Cloverfield name onto the movie, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen it, and I'm glad I did because all of the acting and some parts that remains from the original script are pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    If that movie is considered "weaving" to you, I'm not sure what to say. To me and everyone I spoke to it was the most obvious mashed-on third act that didn't fit at all with the rest of the movie.

Maybe because despite the stupid third act it's a really good movie and spoiling it would make people not see it? I mean, despite what it sounds like I actually sort of like the fact that they pushed the Cloverfield name onto the movie, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen it, and I'm glad I did because all of the acting and some parts that remains from the original script are pretty amazing.
    Not so much about what I think, but moreso about what actually happened.

Can't understand how someone would be able to watch the entire movie, and then still not being able to keep up with the events that transpired and the significance of the turning point, but ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But are they at all related? Cloverfield is about a giant monster going nuts. Cloverfield lane is about uh... well what is it about? People in a bunker hiding from what one guy says is the end of the world?
    In the 2nd movie...we had a crazy guy talking about an attack that left the air outside unbreathable. (Attack by Martians, or Russians, he wasn't sure)
    The funny part was that despite being crazy there was some truth. (Aliens of some sort.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Third one is gonna be about, I assume by the title, the finding of the "God particle" and some catastrophy related to that. How do these at all tie together?
    Probably aliens in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm thinking "anthology" of a sort might be a better framework.
    Maybe like the Twilight Zone or Black Static.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaky cam in 1st one was hella annoying but it's still an interesting movie. I guess I gotta watch the 2nd now since people are saying it was actually good. I hate when stuff is mostly unrelated to the original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    there was a cloverfield 2?? how'd i miss that damn.
    Its hardly a cloverfield movie, but its a great movie and worth a watch imo.

10 cloverfield lane, check it out.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Its hardly a cloverfield movie, but its a great movie and worth a watch imo.

10 cloverfield lane, check it out.
    Yeah i will thanks
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, it's already on Netflix XD. Can't watch it till the stupid Handegg game is over, which means it's being added EARLY in the morning here in blighty, but I know what I'm watching tomorrow!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Um...is this going to be an ACTUAL proper sequel to the original Cloverfield!? will have to check that out now! (neat idea having a surprise release! ^_^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Um...is this going to be an ACTUAL proper sequel to the original Cloverfield!? will have to check that out now! (neat idea having a surprise release! ^_^)
    I've heard it's closer to a prequel. With rumours hinting that this might finally explain just what that THING was in the first film.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I've heard it's closer to a prequel. With rumours hinting that this might finally explain just what that THING was in the first film.
    Ahhh... gotcha.

and BOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's not available until "After the Game"! Why do us losers who hate sports have to suffer because a bunch of drunken dullards need to watch men throw balls around!? ;P

/s
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-02-05 at 02:16 AM.

If one thing JJ Abrams is good at; it's marketing and producing

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    If one thing JJ Abrams is good at; it's marketing and producing
    Those are two things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Those are two things.
    Producers take care of marketing.

That's why they're credited as Executive Producers and Line Producers in the post credits rather than "Marketers".

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the first Cloverfield, never saw the second (as I saw no connection at all and thought that was stupid), not sure I want to watch this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The second movie with John Goodman was actually (I thought) a better movie. A movie that didn't really feel like it tied into Cloverfield, but a better movie nonetheless.

So this is the "delayed" God Particle or an extra stand alone movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The second movie with John Goodman was actually (I thought) a better movie. A movie that didn't really feel like it tied into Cloverfield, but a better movie nonetheless.
    See that's the thing. After watching the first one, as I'm sure was the case with a lot of people, I wanted a fucking explanation. I wanted continuation. Focus. Immersion. Instead we get an almost entirely irrelevant movie. I walked out of the theater, as did a lot of people. 10 other people went to the front counter to get a refund about 30 minutes into it, when we realized it wasn't what we expected. I never did finish it, but I did read up on it just to know that, indeed, it was complete and utter bullshit as far as Cloverfield was concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Just finished watching it. It's 100% in the story. Directly related and overall a good experience.