Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling from 90-100 in Dreanor?

Ok, this is more like a question to confirm if that method still works

Before 7.3.5, well before Legion I leveled all my alts from 90-100 by "exploiting" Elixir of Ancient Knowledge ( one that gives 300% bonus XP ). So what I would do is start doing all the bonus missions/quests and leave them uncompleted ( missing 1 kill for example ) and then using Elixir of Ancient Knowledge and doing them all. That way it took me like less than 2 hours to get from 90-100. So my question is is that method still working now in 7.3.5?

Thanks

Deleted
    They didnt changed the scaling for Dreanor so yes it should still work

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That elixir isn't effective on players above lvl 84 any longer Not sure if there is any working in your level range? I believe this and any counterparts were removed from the game even.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, EXP potions were removed. At least the 300% ones. Not sure about the 20% from your Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    That elixir isn't effective on players above lvl 84 any longer Not sure if there is any working in your level range? I believe this and any counterparts were removed from the game even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Yes, EXP potions were removed. At least the 300% ones. Not sure about the 20% from your Garrison.
    They have been removed but you can still buy them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    It's totally not worth it spending a humongous amount of gold for an Elixir on the AH to level in Draenor from 90-98. Draenor is super fast with the Bonus Objectives + the Potion that you can buy in your garrison that gives you 20% more XP.

Since they removed the Elixir drops, I've seen it on the Auction House for 300k+ gold. But I let you decide if it's worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvean View Post
    Yes they did... All the Draenor zones scale from 9X-100 and give "standardized" XP. Mob hp and stats are affected as well.

There's a finite supply left of these potions on AH. There used to be a mop rare to farm them off of also. I've only used the garrison potions; which I used on 2 alts this patch; so I can only confirm that works with treasures and bonus objectives and that potion (a supply probably 3-4 of them) I'm out of Draenor in a few hours per alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yea my server there's a few up on ah
    @ around 250k gold each

Fuck that!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

As a point of interest, just using heirlooms(50%) and the garrison XP pot(20%), my latest character only took ~6 hours to go from 90 to 100. I had flying the moment I got there, and an addon to track treasures so I could just run through and snap them up for experience.

Maybe you'll do it faster or slower. But really, is the ridiculous price of that 300% experience pot REALLY worth only like 4 more hours of work? Can you make more than the cost of the experience pot in that time?

Personally I don't think it's worth it. Even if I had one of those 300% exp pots, I'd sell it and just do the leveling manually.

This should still work assuming you can get your hands on a potion, but it's worth noting that I just went from 90-100 in a little over two hours, using nothing but heirlooms and the garrison xp potion, so I don't think it's even worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    This should still work assuming you can get your hands on a potion, but it's worth noting that I just went from 90-100 in a little over two hours, using nothing but heirlooms and the garrison xp potion, so I don't think it's even worth it anymore.
    So fast! Did you only grab treasures, or did you also do bonus objectives?

Deleted
    Good thread. Got some tips. I'm currently 54 on my highmountain so some ways off yet really enjoying the new leveling but I'm dreading having to do dreanor. The lore / story + the bad memory's of the place just make me never want to step though that stupid dark portal ever again.

Was kinda hoping the scaling would let you bypass wod but alas they seem set on forcing that carbuncle of an expansion on my poor nieve tauren :/

For Draenor leveling, it takes me 15-20min per level with treasure collecting and doing the Gorgrond quests (most of them reward 35k exp with looms, which is 50% more than the usual). At least, it was that way before 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Good thread. Got some tips. I'm currently 54 on my highmountain so some ways off yet really enjoying the new leveling but I'm dreading having to do dreanor. The lore / story + the bad memory's of the place just make me never want to step though that stupid dark portal ever again.

Was kinda hoping the scaling would let you bypass wod but alas they seem set on forcing that carbuncle of an expansion on my poor nieve tauren :/
    Have WoD Pathfinder? Skip the story and garbage quests entirely and just run around picking up treasures. The starting quest intro to get 20% exp pots is good to do, after that you can ignore everything.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvean View Post
    They did change scaling. In fact it's even better then before, more treasure XP, scaling loot from Treasures/Rares, Zones going up to 100.

Treasures still give 35000 XP with just Heirlooms & Rested bonus at 100, 11000 at 101/102.

As Horde doing the Frostfire Bladespire Fortress questline unlocks a ton of treasures on it self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snoodlood View Post
    I think you are exaggerating. Just travel time takes you longer than two hours.
    Flying speeds up the process massively.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-05 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Treasures still give 35000 XP with just Heirlooms & Rested bonus at 100
    Rested is literally double exp while it's lasts. Don't include it in figures for leveling speed, because not everyone will have it 100% of the time. Especially not at the rate you're getting experience from treasures. You'll burn through it in no time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Flying speeds up the process massively.
    Not THAT much.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Not THAT much.
    Many treasures are on top of towers/rocks/cliffs/trees, speeds up collecting massively and no need for jump puzzles/gliding in many places.

Add the much faster travel speed+straight line travel with no hostile aggro.

With flying, 2-3 hours is definately doable 91-98 after the intro scenario with heirlooms if you just go for treasures & bonus objects with a 20% potion.

Bonus objectives are slower then before tho just due to the NPC health increases. It still gives like 120k XP each with heirloom+20% potion. (+the extra XP from kills)

I just leveled 90-100 recently after 7.3.5, maybe not that fast as I did quests/rares too (not maximizing XP), and stayed in Draenor at 100+.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-05 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Have WoD Pathfinder? Skip the story and garbage quests entirely and just run around picking up treasures. The starting quest intro to get 20% exp pots is good to do, after that you can ignore everything.
    Don't have pathfinder. By the end I logged in just to raid as there wasn't much else worth logging in for :/

Are the pots boa? Cos I have a stock pile of resource on my old main

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snoodlood View Post
    Film a video of you doing it. It will get masses of hits and be well worth your while.

You'll forgive me but I'm sceptical in the absence of hard evidence. It is very easy to envisage a perfect levelling experience as typical and ignore all the externalities which slow you down in actuality.
    It's not perfect at all, but still more options then straight up questing vs the now higher HP mobs. Pure questing = slower then before.

Scaling quest/rare loot means your gear will remain up to date, even more true for people who aren't using heirlooms. (heirloom users still benefit for trinkets/gloves/belt/boot/wrist slots).

Treasures giving always the full XP up to including 100 is better then before.

Same goes to pandaria to an extent, there are some treasures over there that gave me upwards of like 75000 XP each.

2-3 hours of flying around, collecting treasures will get you a long way, if you can fly, and not counting the intro scenario+first garrison quests. You can enter Legion at 98 so it's only about 7 levels.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-05 at 05:50 PM.