Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just looked up everything I have. Electric, internet, phone, insurance, water, blizzard, all recur on the same day (with mild deviation, I think if its on a sunday, then returns to that day). The company I work for has 3 subscriptions, that all recur on the same day. I'm pretty sure it's a case of "I'm mad because I didn't know something, and now I do"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Blizzard then complain to us for selling 1 day too many on some months?

'Damn it, gave them 31 days instead of 30..... Can we have them back?'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can Blizzard then complain to us for selling 1 day too many on some months?

'Damn it, gave them 31 days instead of 30..... Can we have them back?'.
    Teeeechnically, if you're subscribed for the year, it comes out to 30.4 days. You're literally getting nearly 10 hours for free!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will literally give you free game time if you talk to them about that.

Case in point, my mom fell ill with cancer last year. I had a running sub for 3 months without really getting on because she got sick, right? She passed away last December. Fast forward to last week when I wanted to get back on WoW because I really wanted to play Highmountain Tauren and Void Elves and just to get away from emotional shit. I contacted Blizz and asked them if I can have my unplayed game time back and they gave me all three months back.

They're not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
    WTF bought yesterday a subsc. for 1 month full price on battle.net and surprise it's only for 28days. Are you shitting me ac/blizzard ??
    When you buy a monthly subscription you get access to the service from the day of the month you bought it to that day of the next month, but not further than that month's ultimo. So when you acquire a subscription on february 4th it will last until march 4th, which are 28 days. If you buy it march 31th it will last until april 30th.
    That's how it's legally defined in Germany, but I rather think this is international standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    No, they're definitely not. I've had a couple times they've made accomodations as well.

HOWEVER.

"Being Reasonable" shouldn't cover "I dont know how the world works"

It's like me asking for free time not because I was busy... But because the game was boring, but now I want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Teeeechnically, if you're subscribed for the year, it comes out to 30.4 days. You're literally getting nearly 10 hours for free!
    That is true... OMG, should like, reveal the dirty secrets!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The main intention of my OP post was to show how pathetic and harsh blizz is. I've played this game for years, but this is first time I noticed something like this can possibly happend... It's not about money, nor the pride it's just an example of a comitment.
    Yeah...how pathetic and harsh Blizzard is for following standard subscription service practices, and how DARE they never have changed this since the release of WoW to fool you now...

There is nothing unusual about this other than you not knowing how stuff works in the world AND in the game you "have played for years" seemingly without noticing how you paid for it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Blizz will literally give you free game time if you talk to them about that.

Case in point, my mom fell ill with cancer last year. I had a running sub for 3 months without really getting on because she got sick, right? She passed away last December. Fast forward to last week when I wanted to get back on WoW because I really wanted to play Highmountain Tauren and Void Elves and just to get away from emotional shit. I contacted Blizz and asked them if I can have my unplayed game time back and they gave me all three months back.

Had a talk about this once, I've almost in total gotten 6 months gametime for free (over a cause of release till now, that is). They aren't unreasonable, I've had a great blessing from their service many times. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    liar, a month is always 30days
    someone didnt go to school.

Feb is always 28 days.....
    29 in a leap year.....

February is a month,

ie not all months are 30 days,

some are even 31 days.

please get educated.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main intention of my OP post was to show how pathetic and harsh blizz is. I've played this game for years, but this is first time I noticed something like this can possibly happend... It's not about money, nor the pride it's just an example of a comitment.
    This works both ways buddy... You may only get 28 days of sub in February, but you get 31 in Janurary, March, May, July, August, October, and December... It more than evens out, so quit'cher'bitchin.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Do we really need to teach people the knuckle method of telling how many days are in a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Since when subscription is tied to month? It was always 30 days.

If I start playing on 15th next bill will be in 30 days (which is 13-16 of next month), no?
    That would royally suck Getting paid on the same day every month and then all recurring bills changing every month. Eventually that is going to be an issue. No, recurring subscriptions always bill on the same day of the month.

WTF bought yesterday a subsc. for 1 month full price on battle.net and surprise it's only for 28days. Are you shitting me ac/blizzard ??
    Why are you lying? Blizzard doesn't sell monthly subscriptions. They sell various forms of 30 day subscriptions. Are people so lonely that they will just make things up to post about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It happens 3 out of 4 years, ever since day one. I smell trolling.

Honestly, all blizzard staff would laugh at you really. Why? Well maybe look up February.

You subbed for a month. And you did on February. How many days February have. It is not quantum science. Fun fact: February has 28 days, and THAT is ONE month.

You are literally going to waste Blizzard Staff's TIME and money on your "1st world problem".

How about this? You bought a 1 month sub, that's it. Think nothing more of it. There is literally NOTHING to be pissed off about. You are making yourself angry, and making people waste their time. Just Stop It.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why are you lying? Blizzard doesn't sell monthly subscriptions. They sell various forms of 30 day subscriptions. Are people so lonely that they will just make things up to post about?
    Know what's really funny about your comment? The fact that almost everyone else in this topic is saying the opposite of what you claim.

ok le' me see, a prepaid card is 60days which is 1M = 30days, thats the golden rule... no 28,29,31, .. just 30D. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Every online game is tied on 30days played time. Why shoud I care? I doesn't stand "exclude february" in battle.net it says "1M continuosly until cancel" .. As I said It's not about money !! I'm not crying here for myself, but I would like to share my experience. And yes I've played it for years and hve used all kind of purchace and payment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Check your facts;
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

Running subscription is per month.
    on the other hand:
    Ingame tokens are for 30days.
    Gamecards are for 60 days.

ok le' me see, a prepaid card is 60days which is 1M = 30days, thats the golden rule... no 28,29,31, .. just 30D. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Every online game is tied on 30days played time. Why shoud I care? I doesn't stand "exclude february" in battle.net it says "1M continuosly until cancel" .. As I said It's not about money !! I'm not crying here for myself, but I would like to share my experience. And yes I've played it for years and hve used all kind of purchace and payment.
    So is WoW, if you buy 30-day subscriptions.
    But if you pay for a month, you get a month and not neccesary 30 days.

You do realize a yearly sub (even with a february with 28 days) gives you about 5 hours of extra subscription?
    The usual year with a 29 day february on the other hand gives you 6 hours extra.
    I don't see you complaining about that...
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2018-02-05 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    I see OP has discovered calendar. Way to go! Next time try to figure out how arrows on mechanical clock work.