Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good! The Horde has no reason to be happy!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    So wait, are Warcraft trolls based on Scandanavian folk lore, or is the troll in this video based on Warcraft?
    You are actually considering the possibility that Swedish Mountain trolls were based on WoW?????? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I can dig it!
    Darkspear: We darkspear mon! we be bad!
    Zandalari:* *strides up covered in blood*...*throws down a stack full of assorted alliance heads*...
    Darkspear:....whoa!...what...what happen mon?!
    Zandalari: ...tired to take my knife....so I took their heads...*shows gore covered knife*
    Darkspear: Maybe you should put that knife down?!
    Zandalari: ....*eye twitches*
    Darkspear: Nevermind mon....
    "Stay way from da voodoo!"

Later on:

"You come git da voodoo!"

/trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    They're trolls.

Have you ever heard of a pretty troll in any fantasy or folklore setting?
    Trolls in WoW look imo very pleasant. My troll females are great :

A true amazon.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Will those 5 people that play female troll really care?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Trolls in WoW look imo very pleasant. My troll females are great :

A true amazon.
    Sister, considering that amazons never existed, your statement brings true in its own way.

Deleted
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...08xYy808xWm87V
    Cant wait to get this look-alike
    edit: the female version is a little darker http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...08xYy808xWm87V
    edit2: but atleast she doesn't look angry
    Last edited by mmoc6dd3458381; 2018-02-05 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Sister, considering that amazons never existed, your statement brings true in its own way.
    Well trolls elves and orcs also never existed your point?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    So wait, are Warcraft trolls based on Scandanavian folk lore, or is the troll in this video based on Warcraft?
    Both.

The whole idea of trolls is Scandinavian. The word itself is Scandinavian. The song and the story are Scandinavian. But modern understanding of trolls as viewed by popular (geek) culture is inexorably tied to the biggest and most recent iteration of the concept.

Had the video been made 20 years ago, the girl would've had 4 foot tall purple hair and a skinsuit.

Here's how the "Album Cover" looked in 1877.

You can tell the woman is a troll because she has a tail.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-02-05 at 12:04 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Well trolls elves and orcs also never existed your point?
    They did, sister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Boy am I glad we're allowed to have different opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Herr Mannelig is a traditional Scandanavian folk song about a troll woman seeking to seduce and marry a squire. The only reason he chooses NOT to marry her, is that she's not a Christian Girl. The troll in the tale is typically depicted as lovely but inhuman.

I invite you to Google image search Scandinavian trolls and tell me what you find.

Oxford dictionary also defines trolls as (in folklore) an ugly creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/troll

I'm aware that in folklore normal looking trolls do exist, but they're the exception to the rule I'd argue.

"Trolls come in many different shapes and forms, and are generally not fair to behold, as they can have as many as nine heads."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_folklore

The word troll and tröll literally meant fiend or demon in old norse, sound like real beauties huh.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I invite you to Google image search Scandinavian trolls and tell me what you find.

Oxford dictionary also defines trolls as (in folklore) an ugly creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/troll

I'm aware that in folklore normal looking trolls do exist, but they're the exception to the rule I'd argue.

"Trolls come in many different shapes and forms, and are generally not fair to behold, as they can have as many as nine heads."

The word troll and tröll literally meant fiend or demon in old norse, sound like real beauties huh.

Denmark's trolls are the ones with the tail, tiny horns, and very little clothing. Like the one from the image that went with the tablature of Herr Mannelig from 1887. (Though she put on clothes to seduce the Christian in the image).

Different Trolls, friendo.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-02-05 at 02:17 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Are there any chibi faces????? :3
    No. They're trolls. There's alliance and elves everywhere these days. And Elves are just emo trolls.

Yeah same. But I'll still have 2 Zandies one for male and one for female
    You and me both, one because I like my characters to be as diverse as possible, so gotta have at least one Zandalari character.

Second for the customization in general, basically.

Besides, I've got all the Darkspear goodness I need in my Warrior main. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Denmark's trolls are the ones with the tail, tiny horns, and very little clothing. Like the one from the image that went with the tablature of Herr Mannelig from 1887. (Though she put on clothes to seduce the Christian in the image).

Different Trolls, friendo.
    "Doesn't eat humans at all"

Sounds like something someone who eats humans would say!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to all the regular Troll faces Priestess Mar'li is the closest I could find that even slightly resembles conventional "beauty" as far as faces go. What the Zandalari trolls have currently is most certainly not it but I still think they look great even if hideous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Will those 5 people that play female troll really care?
    Could be worse, they could be the only 2 that play female dorfs.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    They're Trolls. They don't do pretty, and whoever decides to play them shouldn't even ask for it.

See also Trolls in EverQuest (WoW's grandaddy and original source of inspiration) and EQ2:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120307061244

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080722070514

And be thankful for what you've got.
    Last edited by mmocd08eb6ddf2; 2018-02-05 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I WAS going to move my Druid to Zandi...but then dinomancers were gutted very quickly. A Zandalari Druid who isn't a dinomancer is a crime against lore.

Probably will be my Shaman now. Might be talked into my Warlock; she's got a nice witch doctor Tmog that could be enhanced with some nice Zandalari pieces.
    I mean you get a dinosaur flight form and a dinosaur travel form. What more do you need? The other forms will probably look badass aswell. Probably like a stone bear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Are there any NON-angry faces for these women? Sheash the first page shows the different faces and they all look pissed off.
    Maybe some male toons should tell them to smile more. I'm sure that will go great for them

They're trolls.

Have you ever heard of a pretty troll in any fantasy or folklore setting?
    darkspear trolls have at least one pretty face option and they live in tribal huts , Zandalari seem as pompous as the nightborne with all those gold accessories .
    Guess they don't know how to enjoy life.