10+ Year Old Account
    I am sick to death of Moira. She's in every fucking game, and in every fucking game they're being played by someone who thinks she's a DPS flanker. Worst designed hero so far, just does nothing to actually encourage playing to her actual strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I am sick to death of Moira. She's in every fucking game, and in every fucking game they're being played by someone who thinks she's a DPS flanker. Worst designed hero so far, just does nothing to actually encourage playing to her actual strengths.
    This is one of the main reasons I'm sure she will be getting a nerf somewhere. Either a hard hit to her orb or drain, maybe even both. At gold and below she can actually function as a flanker and/or flanker support as most players aren't capable of dueling her effectively.
    I'm more upset about the teammates I get against her. When I play her I use a damage orb to try and get someone running away or if they are falling back a bit as a team, but most I go against know to run thru it. My team on the other hand like to run with the orb and keep getting damaged by it. It's also hilarious watching enemy DVa's eat the orb while mine just let it travel right thru. That and the team mates who instalock her and never bother healing once, relying on Zen or Lucio to keep everyone up by themselves on a hard push.

10+ Year Old Account
    deciding whether or not 144hz is worth it and have a pc i can return within 2 weeks. been pretty good so far but haven't played OW in a few weeks, log in to the game, warm up for half an hour, get into a game and instantly get headshot by a hanzo.

TRACER SO OP OMG NERF PLZ TOO STRONK

YOU TRY! INSTANT GRANDMASTER GUARANTEED

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I'm sure she will be getting a nerf somewhere. Either a hard hit to her orb or drain, maybe even both. At gold and below she can actually function as a flanker and/or flanker support as most players aren't capable of dueling her effectively.
    the problem i have w/ that is that she is only good vs players that can't aim and the only reason these players are so ballsy is because they play her like a gimped genji

logically the most reasonable nerf would be to make her have to aim as much as Soldier does to do any damage with her secondary fire at all. I understand that is going to make her harder to play as a support for the less skilled and i was sympathetic about the design at first in the interest of not making her overly punishing to play since people already struggle quite badly with her resource management, but if people want to play her like a dps then I think it's only fair that they'd treat her like a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    deciding whether or not 144hz is worth it and have a pc i can return within 2 weeks. been pretty good so far but haven't played OW in a few weeks, log in to the game, warm up for half an hour, get into a game and instantly get headshot by a hanzo.

TRACER SO OP OMG NERF PLZ TOO STRONK

YOU TRY! INSTANT GRANDMASTER GUARANTEED

- - - Updated - - -

the problem i have w/ that is that she is only good vs players that can't aim and the only reason these players are so ballsy is because they play her like a gimped genji

logically the most reasonable nerf would be to make her have to aim as much as Soldier does to do any damage with her secondary fire at all. I understand that is going to make her harder to play as a support for the less skilled and i was sympathetic about the design at first in the interest of not making her overly punishing to play since people already struggle quite badly with her resource management, but if people want to play her like a dps then I think it's only fair that they'd treat her like a DPS.
    Well, she has to aim more than other lock on characters. If you get almost anywhere outside of center or the screen and she loses you. Part of the issue is the range on it as well, and her Ult.

I hope she stays as she is; i am a tank/dps player and hate to play support in my skill range (low plat, no one ever notices if supports get jumped by flankers, they are left for dead and then get mocked why they dont heal) if i dont have a reliable get-away. So if my team really needs me as a support, i play Moira, i cannot stand to play Ana, Zenyatta or Lucio (Mercy is just boring as f*ck).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, she has to aim more than other lock on characters. If you get almost anywhere outside of center or the screen and she loses you. Part of the issue is the range on it as well, and her Ult.
    this is true and false at the same time, but when weapon accuracy of mccree and soldier are compared to moira at their ranks, there is a very big discrepancy.

personally i don't think there should be a single hero in the game who has aim that is more forgiving than soldier. i won't disagree that her range is a bit much for that level of babying, but the last thing this she needs is to be pushed further towards being a dps type hero. take away the auto aim and the problem will solve itself. unfortunately low skill players will be out another low skill flex option, but she will remain relatively unaffected in higher ranks where she is already not that great.

Getting pretty tired of people that complain an entire game about how we don't have a 2nd tank or support yet completely refuse to swap themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    I hope she stays as she is; i am a tank/dps player and hate to play support in my skill range (low plat, no one ever notices if supports get jumped by flankers, they are left for dead and then get mocked why they dont heal) if i dont have a reliable get-away. So if my team really needs me as a support, i play Moira, i cannot stand to play Ana, Zenyatta or Lucio (Mercy is just boring as f*ck).
    I don't think its tenable to keep her as she is. There's literally no incentive to play her as a healing support, other than 'to win' and that's never been enough for anyone to pick support. The number of times now I've ended up as third support to ensure the group get proper heals is getting ridiculous.

Maybe they need to reverse the resource to her DPS and charge it with healing...

10+ Year Old Account
    well they were dumb enough to make moira in the first place and considering these are the people who kept the rocket fuel leak on nitro boost because "it was fun" and "added flavor" when you were legit dying to stupid unfun shit during critical moments during a raid encounter, i don't think they'd change moira that way even if you had their balls in a vicegrip and a gun to their head xD it just ties way too much into the "flavor"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well they were dumb enough to make moira in the first place and considering these are the people who kept the rocket fuel leak on nitro boost because "it was fun" and "added flavor" when you were legit dying to stupid unfun shit during critical moments during a raid encounter, i don't think they'd change moira that way even if you had their balls in a vicegrip and a gun to their head xD it just ties way too much into the "flavor"
    The flavour is about balance, but the design does nothing to encourage healing, everything to discourage it, and a built in excuse not to have done it. I'm just sick of being lied to about this using Purple Orbs to recharge, that's not how it works, we all know that by now. If you're out of charge you literally have no better reason to use Yellow and no excuse to use Purple.

The flavour is about balance, but the design does nothing to encourage healing, everything to discourage it, and a built in excuse not to have done it. I'm just sick of being lied to about this using Purple Orbs to recharge, that's not how it works, we all know that by now. If you're out of charge you literally have no better reason to use Yellow and no excuse to use Purple.
    A good Moira can solo heal a team in the right situation.

Delete purple ball.

Meh, purple ball has its uses, like charging ult, finishing off a fleeing Tracer or Genji or shooting into a widows nest. The good Moira’s will know when it is best to use it. Nothing wrong with something that distinguishes the good from the bad.

Personally when I see a purple orber I go diva and save a def matrix for it. Deletes her from the game. I’m like Pac-Man eating pellets.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, a good Moira can be absolutely fantastic, even solo heal. The problem is that her design and the game just don't lead her players down that path of being a good Moira; all the plus points seem to point in the direction of selfish, bad, non-healing gameplay. That's why she's bad design. Healing is treated as a "reward" for DPSing, but DPSing is largely considered its own reward and directed as such at the end of the match.

I don’t have a problem with a mechanic that flags good players from bad ones. Like watching a Rheinhardt get greedy with shoulder charge and trying to shoulder tackle through 6 guns instead of shielding his team. People using a character badly is no reason to alter the character.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don’t have a problem with a mechanic that flags good players from bad ones. Like watching a Rheinhardt get greedy with shoulder charge and trying to shoulder tackle through 6 guns instead of shielding his team. People using a character badly is no reason to alter the character.
    Depends how much you need to rely on that other player. Healing isn't a role where there's particular redundancy, unlike tanking where you might well have another shield to make up for an aggressive Reinhardt (where similarly an overly passive one can be just as bad). Compare to Zen who's a 'proper' DPS healer, he is rewarded even for minimal effort of passing heals around, so that's what he'll do; Moira doesn't seem to gain or lose anything from behaving badly, and so has no real incentive to throw heals around. We saw much the same problems with Ana around her release, and eventually Blizz did nerf her throughput to 'fix' that. Sure, I can and do go third support to make up for those deficiencies, but ultimately, that just rewards the Moira should we win. And if we lose, how is Moira going to think they did anything wrong when they 'have medals?'

I know you're going to rant on about your signature shit, so just don't. I've tried 'picking' team mates with the friends list, but honestly, that is seriously fucked. The MMR for anything short of a 6 man premade that have worked together for some time is, even by their own admission, deeply lacking.

I couldn't disagree more...

I think Moira is exactly what we need, a support that can keep themselves alive and fend off flankers a bit. She's actually fun to play and doesn't feel like she's completely at the mercy of her team, we need more of those to encourage more people to play supports. Her heals feel strong and she has a higher skill ceiling, if anything I'm afraid they'll just nerf her because she's too good.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well....I found a group of people to play with and it's made the experience more enjoyable overall. Solo queuing still seems to go garbage town. But hey, this is what happens when a team pushes up too far and I'm playing on my other account b/c my original just got too toxic:

https://gfycat.com/YellowishGlitteringAsianelephant
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post

I think Moira is exactly what we need, a support that can keep themselves alive and fend off flankers a bit. She's actually fun to play and doesn't feel like she's completely at the mercy of her team, we need more of those to encourage more people to play supports. Her heals feel strong and she has a higher skill ceiling, if anything I'm afraid they'll just nerf her because she's too good.
    People here are complaining because so many Moiras would actually serve their team ebtter if they were playing another DPS hero, because their team healing output is that shite and all they are trying to do is get dmg medals(they don't but theyre trying.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post

Have you read the conversation? I’ve literally been switching off Pharah or DVa to play Zenyatta or Ana, giving us 3 Support, due to the Moira was contributing so little by way of healing because they’re too focused on dealing damage; because her very design encourages DPS over healing.

It won matches, but would have been no doubt easier had the Moira been on a DPS better for the role they’re trying to fill with her.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-02-06 at 12:19 AM.

I was just at 102 HP for 45 seconds of overtime, id I hadn't been getting kill after kill after kill I would be dead.

Funny thing was I was right next to a Moira.

I loathe this hero.