Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1) Fear (of unknown, of something different, etc.)
    2) Media washed our brains with "terrorists" and whatnot
    3) Fear (yes, a LOT of fear going on)

Pick whatever you like. They may be more reasons, ofc, but most people label things (and people), thus putting many into the same basket. Which is more often than not FAAAAAAAAAAR from correct, fair and optimal.
    But, in today's world, compassion is severly lacking, so no problem.

Also dealing with such cases of mass immigration should be on case by case (person by person) basis. Unfortunately, many just label them "immmigrant" and look at all of them the same.
    They don't even stop to think "Wait a minute...why do I think that Doctor/Scientist is the same as that thief?" (Cause, you can bet your ass, there will be both kinds of people like that)

Why am I writing this? Honestly? I have no idea. Too much time at work atm, so even though this posts means nothing....oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If every man, woman and child-- Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, or otherwise-- in the middle east moved to Europe tomorrow they wouldn't even make up a third of its population.

Just gonna put that out there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Why does it bother you if people don't want them in their countries? I don't have to like everybody. As long as people don't go ahead and openly discriminate or hurt those immigrants, everybody is allowed to have their opinion about them. Or would you say people should be forced to like them? I base my opinion on foreign people mostly on the experience I had with them. As a woman, I have been followed in the streets by them and one tried to steal out of my bag in the grocery store. Surely not all of them are like that, but I am now cautious around them and that's no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    Except that the reality is quite the opposite. They're lazy, crude, violent thugs who smooch off social benefits while the rest of us work for our daily bread. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have the right to enrich their own countries with that supposed "hard work, sophistication, and peaceful nature" you seem to be be atributing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Except that the reality is quite the opposite. They're lazy, crude, violent thugs who smooch off social benefits while the rest of us work for our daily bread. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have the right to enrich their own countries with that supposed "hard work, sophistication, and peaceful nature" you seem to be be atributing to them.

Many of them tried, but the West kept coming in and blowing everything up.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    Except they are not. Most of the people arriving from the Middle East are violent people who not only don't care about the culture of the country they have chosen to move to, they flat out hate it, and does everything they can to undermine it.
    That is the main reason people hate them. It's not about anti-immigration, cuz people don't mind people from other countries, it's a specific type they don't like.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2018-02-05 at 03:22 PM.

Racism. ........

Because:

The NHS is crippled so much so that you wait 4 months for some appointments after being forwarded by a GP and people are dying in ambulances and corridors.

Our education system is strained, we have a lack of housing (espeically affortable housing), pressure on all emergency services is mounting and the social welfare system is so fucked that the poorest and disabled barely get by. We have thousands of homeless including children and a huge % of families, including children below the poverty line and missing meals.

It's sad that people feel their country isn't good enough for them and maybe it isn't. But the UK had reached the point that we can barely support ourselves. Truth is, I want a 0 refugee/economic migrant policy until we can sort themselves out. If we're determined to throw money at other countries when our own people starve, go unwashed, aren't educated properly and lack medical care then help people where they are, don't bring them here. Not one.

Crime, language barriers and vulnerability to exploitation are also factors. Sickens me to see the amount of people instantly saying "racism" or "fear", shows either ignorance of their own countries struggles or a destructive self-rightousness.
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2018-02-05 at 12:57 PM.

I am sure you know all of them as people and are not just making blanket statements based on right wing propaganda /s

Indeed, we should cut down on daily bread, make it a weekend thing, or something. #lowcarb
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Except they are not. Most of the people arriving from the Middle East are violent people who not only don't care about the culture of the country they have chosen to move to, they flat out hate it, and does everything they can to undermine it.
    That is the main reason people hate them. It's not about into-immigration, cuz people don't mind people from other countries, it's a specific type they don't like.
    The specific type is “dark skinned”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Because:

The NHS is crippled so much so that you wait 4 months for some appointments after being forwarded by a GP and people are dying in ambulances and corridors.

Our education system is strained, we have a lack of housing (espeically affortable housing), pressure on all emergency services is mounting and the social welfare system is so fucked that the poorest and disabled barely get by. We have thousands of homeless including children and a huge % of families, including children below the poverty line and missing meals.

It's sad that people feel their country isn't good enough for them and maybe it isn't. But the UK had reached the point that we can barely support ourselves. Truth is, I want a 0 refugee/economic migrant policy until we can sort themselves out. If we're determined to throw money at other countries when our own people starve, go unwashed, aren't educated properly and lack medical care then help people where they are, don't bring them here. Not one.
    Those problems aren’t being caused by migrants. Those problems are being caused by the people blaming It on migrants.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The specific type is “dark skinned”.

- - - Updated - - -

Those problems aren’t being caused by migrants. Those problems are being caused by the people blaming It on migrants.
    Are you dumb? More people, which migrants are, strain strained failing social systems further. When you're at breaking point with no more money to invest the solution isn't to add more people.

"Hey, we have homeless and starving children. Want to invite more people with nothing to get jobs we don't have, welfare, education and medical support we can't afford and fill houses we don't have?"

No thanks.

Because:

Crime, language barriers and vulnerability to exploitation are also factors. Sickens me to see the amount of people instantly saying "racism" or "fear", shows either ignorance of their own countries struggles or a destructive self-rightousness.
    Don't know enough about the NHS to give proper analysis but your educational and housing problems have nothing to do with immigration. I am not sure why people are acting like the UK had great affordable housing like ever. If these immigrants are as poor as you say how would they drive the price up? your housing is expensive for the same reason it is in the US wealthy foreigners and banks using them as investment vehicles. Also your NHS is going to be a lot worse as those highly educated doctors and nurses that you need badly are getting chased away.

Are you dumb? More people, which migrants are, strain strained failing social systems further. When you're at breaking point with no more money to invest the solution isn't to add more people.

"Hey, we have homeless and starving children. Want to invite more people with nothing to get jobs we don't have, welfare, education and medical support we can't afford and fill houses we don't have?"

No thanks.
    There’s a group of people hoarding all of the wealth of your country, and those same people are telling you that migrants are your problem. It’s amazing the logical pretzels people will twist themselves into to convince themselves that it’s powerless people, not powerful people, dictating the direction of society.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Don't know enough about the NHS to give proper analysis but your educational and housing problems have nothing to do with immigration. I am not sure why people are acting like the UK had great affordable housing like ever. If these immigrants are as poor as you say how would they drive the price up? your housing is expensive for the same reason it is in the US wealthy foreigners and banks using them as investment vehicles. Also your NHS is going to be a lot worse as those highly educated doctors and nurses that you need badly are getting chased away.
    They drive the price up becuase local councils have to rent property or buy property to rent, to house them. This increases the amount of houses being bought to be part of peoples portfolio's, reducing the number of houses on the market. You seem to think i'm only talking about price. The problem is that there literally isn't the quantity of housing to support the number of people, due in part to the amount of properties being rented instead of purchased and paid off through mortgages.

I'm not opposed to highly educated immigrants, I don't know how you got that from what I wrote.

They drive the price up becuase local councils have to rent property or buy property to rent, to house them. This increases the amount of houses being bought to be part of peoples portfolio's, reducing the number of houses on the market. You seem to think i'm only talking about price. The problem is that there literally isn't the quantity of housing to support the number of people, due in part to the amount of properties being rented instead of purchased and paid off through mortgages.

I'm not opposed to highly educated immigrants, I don't know how you got that from what I wrote.
    England alone has over 600,000 empty homes. About a third of those are long term empty (more than half a year). The problem isn’t migrants.
    -ynnady

The immigrants are not driving this more than investors buying houses like they are pokemon cards, houses that mostly sit empty. They affect both pricing and availability much more than any other force in the housing market, they do the same here in the US. I didn't state you are opposed to highly educated immigrants but they are collateral damage in this. Do you really think they would feel welcomed after this? they have tons of options and are in high demand why would they want to be in a country that is clearly hostile to them?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There’s a group of people hoarding all of the wealth of your country, and those same people are telling you that migrants are your problem. It’s amazing the logical pretzels people will twist themselves into to convince themselves that it’s powerless people, not powerful people, dictating the direction of society.
    So you are saying that because some rich people are hoarding money everyone else should pay some foreign people all their living expanses and housing for life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    just google many results for example http://www.res.org.uk/details/mediab...o-the-ris.html
    That's a report of EU migration statistics, followed by some badly drawn conclusion that UKIP voters were anti-EU voters because of these figures. That's not an accurate representation of what actual leave voters voted leave for. Many of us would argue that the loss of EU migrants is a bad thing, but a small price to pay to keep our boarders shut to the hoards of refugees that the EU force us to take. We want to be in charge of those decisions ourselves, and keep our countries free of radicals, rapists, knife crimes, and everything else that we are being constantly told to accept in the name of 'progress' if we want to avoid being labelled racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So you are saying that because some rich people are hoarding money everyone else should pay some foreign people all their living expanses and housing for life?
    I’m saying that if you are losing your mind over migrants while the wealthy hoard and hoard and hoard at your expense, your concern isn’t actual fairness. The actual problems being cited aren’t caused by migrants. The problems are caused by the wealthy. I know it’s a big shocker that powerful people have more impact on the word than powerless people.
    -ynnady