Thread: UBRS 5 man

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

UBRS 5 man

So if the Forbes article is to be trusted and classed as new information, UBRS will be a 5 man.

Does this upset anyone? As it really pisses me off.

It should be a 10 man, there is more of an argument to make it 15 man instead of 5 man.

If this decision is true, then I have no confidence in them at all to make the right decisions on their vanilla server at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brack has been saying that UBRS was either a 10-man or a 5-man since Blizzcon. Of course, it was in fact 15-man and then 10-man. It wasn't restricted to 5-man until they remade it several expansions later.

I *think* this is a personal misunderstanding by Brack, he's remembering UBRS as 10/5-man whereas he actually has in mind scholo/strat. Hopefully when they actually are developing Classic, other people on the team will notice/remember the truth and correct him!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I'd of liked to have seen it as a 10 man, but I'm not overly fussed, certainly not fussed enough to 'lose all confidence'

You got to remember the reasons behind changes like this are based on multiple factors from bug fixes, to tuning implications (if they buff x class will that make y dungoen faceroll), to player feedback.

It could be a way to influence fans into somehow thinking UBRS should be 5 man .. UBRS is 5 man. UBRS is 5 man....

Maybe he has something up his sleeve. ...

We know Wow likes to go with smaller groups, so UBRS 5 man ... MC 26 Man ...BWL 36 Man AQ-20 is 18 man ... makes sense now doesn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, dear, I missed this. This would be a deal breaker for me, as it would mean a "not 100% original" game.

I feel I should already start looking for a private server, as I start to fear more and more that Blizzard won't keep the game 100% original
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why Brack keeps on thinking UBRS was 5 man. It's mind boggling. I would prefer it would launch as 10 man but I can see why they make it 5. I guess Scholomance and Stratholme will also be 5, which makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I have no idea why Brack keeps on thinking UBRS was 5 man. It's mind boggling. I would prefer it would launch as 10 man but I can see why they make it 5. I guess Scholomance and Stratholme will also be 5, which makes sense.
    I'd definitely prefer 5 man stra/scholo and 10 man UBRS. I can live with 5 man UBRS though but yeah its not gonna be exactly the same. Then again i'm not a purist. Prefer brd being classified as a raid aswell and being 10 man

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Oh, dear, I missed this. This would be a deal breaker for me, as it would mean a "not 100% original" game.

I feel I should already start looking for a private server, as I start to fear more and more that Blizzard won't keep the game 100% original
    It wont be 100% original. Some things will be different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    It wont be 100% original. Some things will be different.
    Pretty much this. Just the fact that its gonna have better/more stable servers. Its never going to be the same experience but it can still be a lot of fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'd definitely prefer 5 man stra/scholo and 10 man UBRS. I can live with 5 man UBRS though but yeah its not gonna be exactly the same. Then again i'm not a purist. Prefer brd being classified as a raid aswell and being 10 man
    Totally agree with you. BRD is such a niche instance anyway; I guess needed for attunements (Alliance Onyxia? Horde was in LBRS If I remember correctly - been awhile) and FR crafting but as a guild you zerg the crafting with a few people. EDIT: Of course MC attunement is in BRD as well.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2018-02-05 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Neither will a private server sadly. They change things like server caps, respawn rates and run MC with 1.12 tuning and balancing.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can live with a 5-man UBRS, but it's the kind of changes that rubs me the wrong way. If Blizz keeps on butchering (or "streamlining") the content, then I guess I won't be ever touching it.

Deleted
    I don't mind at all, I think I actually prefer it. As long as they scale it accoringly and make it hard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So if the Forbes article is to be trusted and classed as new information, UBRS will be a 5 man.

Does this upset anyone? As it really pisses me off.

It should be a 10 man, there is more of an argument to make it 15 man instead of 5 man.

If this decision is true, then I have no confidence in them at all to make the right decisions on their vanilla server at all.
    Playing the devils advocate here, maybe he just bungled the numbers, or simply mixed up LBRS and UBRS (which technically are the same instance but LBRS being easily 5manned). Or hey, maybe he's just got a bad memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Totally agree with you. BRD is such a niche instance anyway; I guess needed for attunements (Alliance Onyxia? Horde was in LBRS If I remember correctly - been awhile) and FR crafting but as a guild you zerg the crafting with a few people. EDIT: Of course MC attunement is in BRD as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Neither will a private server sadly. They change things like server caps, respawn rates and run MC with 1.12 tuning and balancing.
    BRD also sported a fair bit of pre-raid-bis items for most classes, and both the zone and encounter design was amazing. Truly a long and epic dungeon. And yea, the alliance chain quest leading up to the jailbreak was imo one of the best chains in the game.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

If it's not a 10 man minimum, then it's not classic. UBRS was the Karazhan of classic. Just something fun to smash through with a small raid. They should me making MORE 10 mans if they're going to change anything, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    BRD also sported a fair bit of pre-raid-bis items for most classes, and both the zone and encounter design was amazing. Truly a long and epic dungeon. And yea, the alliance chain quest leading up to the jailbreak was imo one of the best chains in the game.
    The Alliance Onyxia attunement quest was absolute cancer. Jailbreak is the worst quest in the game. It's so fucking long it's ridiculous. Doing it on multiple characters was such a ballache. I like the build-up but Jailbreak itself and having to go in-and-out of BRD constantly was annoying as fuck
    Last edited by Gavll; 2018-02-05 at 01:02 PM.

My favorite example for this is Upper Blackrock Spire. There was a 10-person version and a five-person version for most of that two-year period, but toward the end we decided, nope, UBRS is going to be a five-person and we’re going to retune it to be appropriate for that. Is that the right decision? I don’t know. These are the types of questions. There’s lots of questions like that that we’ll be talking with the community about.
    Is it this part you're talking about? Because that's not saying what you think it's saying.

Truth is I think Brack is just going to jerk throughout this whole process. I cannot sit here and say on the technical side he is not a good choice to lead this. But with his history of "you think you do but you don't" combined with this repeated mistake I have to say trust in him from the classic community is really ify. I think the ifyness of trusting him is going to cause a rift unless he embraces the vanilla community instead of mocking it or at least getting the prescription of trying to mock it. Of course this is all opinion but it is based on some actions and events and not just 100% pure speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Truth is I think Brack is just going to jerk throughout this whole process. I cannot sit here and say on the technical side he is not a good choice to lead this. But with his history of "you think you do but you don't" combined with this repeated mistake I have to say trust in him from the classic community is really ify. I think the ifyness of trusting him is going to cause a rift unless he embraces the vanilla community instead of mocking it or at least getting the prescription of trying to mock it. Of course this is all opinion but it is based on some actions and events and not just 100% pure speculation.
    Nah he is perfectly capable. Maybe the "you think you do but you dont" thing was a little mistake on his part, but he wasnt wrong.

If we are being honest we all know that most of the people who are talking about and looking forward to classic will quit it after a short while because of the long grind to 60 and other things. Thats just the way it is. We are being stupid when we keep taking this ip becasue it descourages devs to be honest with us because we simply cant take the truth.

Blizzard are making the servers knowing they wont be the massive hit some ppl think it will. We should be grateful for that.

How the fuck did you end up with that conclusion? What school of logic did you apply, Beerdrinker?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Nah he is perfectly capable. Maybe the "you think you do but you dont" thing was a little mistake on his part, but he wasnt wrong.

If we are being honest we all know that most of the people who are talking about and looking forward to classic will quit it after a short while because of the long grind to 60 and other things. Thats just the way it is. We are being stupid when we keep taking this ip becasue it descourages devs to be honest with us because we simply cant take the truth.

Blizzard are making the servers knowing they wont be the massive hit some ppl think it will. We should be grateful for that.
    Well again I did say I think he is totally techincally able to do this. Soo.. yeah.. when we leave that out you got a point on what I said. But it was there. I think he has a PR problem. I also think he has an ego problem. Combing the two CAN (as in maybe) ber a bigger problem. The longer it goes on and the more mistakes he makes the worse this will get. Because the PR gets worse then the ego cannot accept it. It becomes confrontational. MAYBE. MAYBE. MAYBE. (I doubt 3 times on the maybe will get it though to many but yeah.. I said it..)

How the servers will go honestly doesn't play a large role in the discussion of this topic so I don't know why it went there. Although yeah, you are right we will likely see a large number log in and try. Then a large number leave. No doubt. It is the life cycle of all games in exsistance and I doubt classic WoW is going to change the nature of the universe. So, yeah, not really a bold pridiction to say this. So right.. a few servers that maybe take money from Russians, hackers, and internet trouble makers and giving it to Blizzard instead makes a lot of sense and increases their legal defense in protecting the property. The goal is pretty clear that this is about taking a lot of air out of the PR business and transfering it to Blizzard and I am totally ok with that. I don't want to be on a server filled with Russian hackers and internet trouble makers either. I would be much happier connecting to a Blizzard server.

So am I happy? Sure, if it is done right. But am I falling to my knees in thanks before its time has come? No. If LFR shows up on it than I am done with it. If they add in improved color blind mode.. ok.. no worries. I am greatful for the attempt they are going to give it. I am worried that ego and pride might sink the ship. It is only natural.