Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    And how much will you play those games compared to WoW?
    Most AAA titles nowadays last about 100hours, with hardly any replay value.
    WoW is literally the only "paid" game that keeps me playing for longer than anything else combined... Can't find anything that can even remotely match it.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I could afford the Subscription, but the game just isn't worth the money anymore. If it was free I'd probably play. Token got me used to not paying for wow, but the price of the token went up. Now it just doesn't feel like it's worth putting cash out for anymore.
    If you'd rather spend that 50 cents on a piece of guman than a day of WoW I don't know what to say.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I do not see much whine about the price itself ... however some people question if it is worth the price tag it has right now ....

with the price for subs and the price for expansions, some just think that you do pay a price that is too high, ofc. you can agree or not.

the price was not the reason i quit 2 years ago ... i did just have enough fun for the money ... yes i do actually think i get more out of a movie ticket ( or something else ) a month.

i could buy the expansion and play a month or 2 and then quit again..but the info i have seen so far does not look like i would have fun for the money so why dive back in ?

The issue for me is not the price itself it is what i get for it........

Deleted
    No its not insignificant. It's almost 180 dollars a year. I can buy 3 new games for that price. If it's worth it to you, fine.
    If go to a movie, I often spend a same or higher amount for about 2 hours of entertainment (depends on if the movie is 2D or 3D). So, if I would only have time to play WoW a couple of hours in a month, it would already be worth it. And I don't have to worry about all the crap I would have to put up with F2P titles. SW:TOR left a horrible impression on me, Neverwinter got worse and worse with time, the only MMO-RPG I played with a decent model was LotRO, but unfortunately they have butchered my favorite class and to some extent also the story, and I have stopped playing altogether. So, WoW is fine. I just wish they would give veteran players some goodies in terms of character services as a reward for their loyalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you'd rather spend that 50 cents on a piece of guman than a day of WoW I don't know what to say.
    If I never got the game free i'd agree. It's not alot, but I got it free for about a year. Now I don't see the value in paying for it anymore.

the amount of content they release currently is more than enough to warrent the price. Only thing i have is that i feel the expansion is expensive, but it matters so little.
    Even if i only spend my time raiding, i still get many ours of fun out of the game pr month, easily the best money spend on entertainment of the highest quality.

Mirkza trying to be the next Jaylock, i see. You still have a lot to learn, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    If go to a movie, I often spend a same or higher amount for about 2 hours of entertainment (depends on if the movie is 2D or 3D). So, if I would only have time to play WoW a couple of hours in a month, it would already be worth it. And I don't have to worry about all the crap I would have to put up with F2P titles. SW:TOR left a horrible impression on me, Neverwinter got worse and worse with time, the only MMO-RPG I played with a decent model was LotRO, but unfortunately they have butchered my favorite class and to some extent also the story, and I have stopped playing altogether. So, WoW is fine. I just wish they would give veteran players some goodies in terms of character services as a reward for their loyalty.
    Thing is ... i played since release and every single expansion brings more of the same, kill mobs ...bring y to z etc. the reward .. higher numbers on your items so you can kill mobs with ...higher numbers on there HP bar.

The core game stops being fun after some time .. might takes years like it did for me and tbh. the last several years i played for the people around me ingame not due to the game being fun... the people i played with made it a good time to be in the game. But even that can not cover over the lack of real fun content.

so how does the price matter in all this ? ... well i do not want to pay to be around people that gives me a fun time ingame ..... if the game itself is not fun and rewarding.

Would i play 2 hours a week if there was no sub ? ... likely, but not for the game but for the ingame friends ( those that are still there playing )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad this game still has a subscription. It helps keep the true riffraff out.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I'm so glad this game still has a subscription. It helps keep the true riffraff out.
    What can they do to keep the false riffraff out, though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a written test?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

In my country, 1 pt of my currency is like 1 euro in germany. But while germany pays ~20 e for 2 monts, i pay 100 pts of my currency. For you its like 10 sodas. For me its more like 50.

Do i think subscription system is bad? i dont have an opinion tbh, no idea if it worth it more that way. But what im sure is, the game would be and feel a loooooooooot more alive if anyone could come back anytime, just login and play. Even the tedious, boring stuff is more appealing to be done for free than for paying 20e.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    I do not see much whine about the price itself ... however some people question if it is worth the price tag it has right now ....
    I think the biggest whining regarding subs is actually in relation to the existence of the cash shop. For some reason there is a group of players who take issue with Blizzard having the audacity to include a game shop in a subscription game. They see it as double dipping. And while I can agree that a cash shop could be an issue, depending on what they end up selling on it, I see little point in kicking up a fuss when thus far it has been totally benign.

Always eyeroll worthy when people highlighting negative aspects of WoW are childishly accused of 'crying and whining'.

Objectively World of Warcraft is one of the most expensive computer games to play. You can try to hide that truth by comparing the cost to other things like beer or cinema tickets but it doesn't change the facts. Whether it's expensive for you personally is another matter, but within the context of computer games WoW is not cheap.

I don't hear this complaint often. I do hear people complain when the cost of the token explodes up due to something like an announcement. It fades out pretty quickly after the spike happens after a few days. Sometimes timing just hits you when you need a token and the price had exploded. No biggie. It isn't like a real complaint it is just a moment of frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could afford the Subscription, but the game just isn't worth the money anymore. If it was free I'd probably play. Token got me used to not paying for wow, but the price of the token went up. Now it just doesn't feel like it's worth putting cash out for anymore.
    pretty much where i'm at, just not worth paying. i'll gladly pay for classic servers though.

If I couldn't pay for time with gold, I'd pretty much only play when a new expansion comes out and if a major patch interests me. Or if a friend asks me to play with them or something.

People will talk about how you get so much play time for the dollar, but I'd personally argue for me that within every 100 hours of WoW I've ever played, over thousands of hours, out of each of those 100 hours, probably only 5 or so are really actually what I'd qualify as incredibly enjoyable. Which is the gist of MMO's in general. A huge time sink for a fleeting bit of amazing enjoyment. It's not worth paying for unless you're super duper into that, which I'm not. Not as much as I used to be anyways.

Truth be told, with the rising prices of tokens, that's also starting to waver I may have to start doing what I just said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to whine, but then i forgot i am able to pay for token myself for closely two years.

So my ballz don't care. Continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    If I couldn't pay for time with gold, I'd pretty much only play when a new expansion comes out and if a major patch interests me. Or if a friend asks me to play with them or something.

People will talk about how you get so much play time for the dollar, but I'd personally argue for me that within every 100 hours of WoW I've ever played, over thousands of hours, out of each of those 100 hours, probably only 5 or so are really actually what I'd qualify as incredibly enjoyable. Which is the gist of MMO's in general. A huge time sink for a fleeting bit of amazing enjoyment. It's not worth paying for unless you're super duper into that, which I'm not. Not as much as I used to be anyways.

Truth be told, with the rising prices of tokens, that's also starting to waver I may have to start doing what I just said.
    I am with you 100% on this .....it is not the cost of the sub/expansion ...it is what you get from it.

What we have atm is a sandbox game with A LOT of fillers in it, problem is that the fillers are not very fun ( for me atleast ) what we got is :

Quests that make you kill x mobs ( at times for there butts at times just for ...well we got told to. )
    Quests that makes you deliver y item to y NPC
    Rep. grind
    Dungeons to upgrade the numbers of our gear
    Raids to do same as above...
    PvP to ...well i dunno.

The only thing that makes the above fun is the people you do it with and the relationship you have with those. This is just not good enough in the long run.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if I didn't dislike subscription models in general I'd still be hyper critical of WoW's implementation. The idea behind a reasonable subscription service is that they allow for companies to focus on much smaller updates rather than chasing a big one. Since you don't need to rely on big box sales you can take an expansion and break it into much smaller bite sized chunks to avoid content drought. It's unacceptable for a subscription service to have content drought and WoW is particularly bad for it, with roughly 25% of the game's life time having been drought. But, WoW still produces expansions and falls into the content drought so it begs the question of how do you justify a subscription.

I'm not even considering the fact that WoW charges for game services and sells cosmetics and gold for real money. It's actually absurd that even when WoW's double dipping by charging a subscription and for expansions they still charge for this as well, especially because the charge much more than their competition for these.

I honestly don't believe an informed person can see WoW's value proposition as worth it.