Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Was it supposed to be on Netflix today ?
    Yep, last night after the super bowl
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep, last night after the super bowl
    No, I got it, I'm watching it (and liking it) but I'm completely confused by the release strategy.

What is this movie even about? The trailers give me no idea and I don't want to wiki/imdb for fear of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, I got it, I'm watching it (and liking it) but I'm completely confused by the release strategy.
    I see, yeah. The first trailer hit during the game and there was a twitter exchange with the director saying something about "why didn't they fucking say tonight and not just coming soon" and the netflix account replied saying "it's fucking coming tonight" lol but yeah... kinda dumb when you consider more people give zero fux about one game in one sport than did care.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I saw the first Cloverfield, never saw the second (as I saw no connection at all and thought that was stupid), not sure I want to watch this one.
    It was set in the same story, and the disaster was happening (or some disaster was happening) it just didn't pick up from the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I like what Neil Degrasse-Tyson says when I see stuff like this - "the universe isn't obliged to make sense to you"
    But we're not talking about the universe. We're talking about a shitty, half-baked sci-fi script that pretends to be about a thousand times smarter than it really is.

They should have just wrote in that "a space wizard did it" and it would instantly make way more sense.

Pretty good movie, totally shocked by the release method but I'd love to see more studios do this, even if it costs a fee to watch it while it was in theater. I also liked how it left it open for more movies, or perhaps a netflix series.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the movie. Pretty much exactly what you can expect from anything JJ abrams makes. Lots of interesting mysterious stuff going on.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it and I'm not going to say you're wrong but to me this movie was ass. Complete failure as a Cloverfield prequel (to me), complete failure as a standalone movie (to me). It was like Event Horizon thrown in a blender with Alien and Life, but these ingredients taste better alone rather than in a smoothie.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

This was depressingly stupid and I feel dumb for not having waited for reviews before watching it (and is probably why it got released this way). All the Cloverfield stuff is obviously tacked on to a completely separate movie. Nothing makes any sense if you even try to think about it for half a second. Trying to explain it away as 2 dimensions merging still doesn't explain anything other than giving some excuse for random stuff to happen.

And Foosball table of doom!

Movie was nostalgic to LOST.

A lot of intense paranormal mysteries events happening; but ending many without detailed answers.

I did enjoy it but it started to get dull after the characters realized their ultimate objective around the around the Water Drowning scene

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Nope, i mean the 1st Cloverfield movie, which happens on May 22nd and concludes with footage of a date which happened on April 27.
    During that date in the background something can be seen falling into the sea in the background; and that something is very likely the main character's escape pod.
    So basically: Cloverfield 3 ends almost a month before the main events from Cloverfield 1.
    oh ok fuck my post rite

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Oh goodie, something to watch!

From what i'm reading it's a prequel;the final scene from the 1st movie (the flashback) shows the final scene from this one
    It's both a prequel and a sequel. One of the crashes from the ship in space leads to Cloverfield via time travel, and I'm pretty sure the future of Cloverfield leads to all of Cloverfield Paradox. The movie is literally a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yeah, people said that when Netflix first started putting out shows.
    Beat me to it. "Netflix shows will never being able to compete with standard broadcast channels." Which was amazing to hear given the success of so many HBO series before Netflix started in on it.

Edit:
    I liked it - 7/10. I don't think that it was great but it was solid. The cast was good, the acting was fine. The story made sense. I didn't find myself wondering away to do other things in the middle of it.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-02-05 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it was alright. Maybe a 6/10.

Actors were good, and did they best they could with a fairly generic plot/script. Bear McCreary's score was superb, as always.

Tbh, while they sort of hinted/implied an explanation for the whole bigger picture, I would have liked a bit more on it. Maybe in the sequel...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    What was up with the kid anyway? Molly was her name?

I didn't get it. Why she was screaming there alone? The guy saved her and took her to the bunker. Found out her parents are alive. Then, nothing....?

Like...why was she in the movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What was up with the kid anyway? Molly was her name?

I didn't get it. Why she was screaming there alone? The guy saved her and took her to the bunker. Found out her parents are alive. Then, nothing....?

Like...why was she in the movie?
    Did you not pay attention to the movie? She said her uncle died.

15+ Year Old Account
    She said her uncle died.
    ,...........and? That doesn't even remotely justify the character to exist in the movie.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    ,...........and? That doesn't even remotely justify the character to exist in the movie.
    Why does any character outside of the space station crew exist in the movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does any character outside of the space station crew exist in the movie?
    There were two concrete characters outside the space station. The man, who was the husband of the main character, and the girl.

The man made sense. The girl, however, did not.

My point is that there has to be some kind of deeper meaning of that girl - probably relating to the previous movies - that I didn't realize.

Because if there isn't, her existence was the biggest bullshit I've seen scripted in quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were two concrete characters outside the space station. The man, who was the husband of the main character, and the girl.

The man made sense. The girl, however, did not.

My point is that there has to be some kind of deeper meaning of that girl - probably relating to the previous movies - that I didn't realize.

Because if there isn't, her existence was the biggest bullshit I've seen scripted in quite some time.
    I disagree, your logic tells me that characters outside of the space station don't make any sense at all.