Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...86144818450432

"The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working. Dems want to greatly raise taxes for really bad and non-personal medical care. No thanks!"

Donald doesn't seem to understand that the UK is protesting to keep the NHS.
    The sick part is he probably does understand that, but doesn't give a shit anyways and is just saying that to validate his base of deplorable who would rather take his word for it than any factual source.

I mean, I'm willing to bet not even a 1/3rd of them know what the BBC is... nevermind ever checking a source outside of America/Trump/GOP/Conspiracy websites

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The sick part is he probably does understand that, but doesn't give a shit anyways and is just saying that to validate his base of deplorable who would rather take his word for it than any factual source.

I mean, I'm willing to bet not even a 1/3rd of them know what the BBC is... nevermind ever checking a source outside of America/Trump/GOP/Conspiracy websites
    Like his base can located UK on map. I am shocked by this. I thought Dotard Donnie was too busy with MAGA. As Schiff would say, once Trump gets around his "executive time", he can perhaps do something..productive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I'm sure they know what a BBC is. Just not in the context you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

In typical monday morning fashion Trump tweets,

"Representative Devin Nunes, a man of tremendous courage and grit, may someday be recognized as a Great American Hero for what he has exposed and what he has had to endure!"

Donny tweeted shortly after Nunes appeared on Fox saying ""as far as we can tell, Papadopoulos … never even had met with the president,"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Donny tweeted shortly after Nunes appeared on Fox saying ""as far as we can tell, Papadopoulos … never even had met with the president,"

Never met indeed.

It's like they're getting dumber and more desperate with every passing day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about the government shutdown.

"You already...god, is it that time already?"

Yep. And, just like any good class or video game, each time is more challenging than the last.

Admittedly, part of the problem is the GOP can't agree on a number for a defense budget. That's not the Democrats fault. The GOP came back from a retreat and still don't have a good answer. Nor can they simply say "fuck it, add the maximum and call it a day" when the tax cuts for the rich dug them into debt, and as we've seen, we're borrowing our way out of it almost twice as fast as last year.

But another major issue is DREAMer protection. Let's recap.

1) Trump unilaterally ended the DACA program, had no alternative at the time, and has no alternatives now.
    2) Some Congresspeople, not yet willing to evict people who've been living quietly and paying taxes for years, started looking for a solution. Some of them decided that refusing to vote for any budget that didn't have DREAMer protection was their solution.
    3) But then, Trump responded by refusing anything to do with DREAMers unless it also funded The Wall. Which is not only behind schedule, but facing challenges about location, but that's another post.
    4) So then, McCain and Coons co-wrote a bill that would permanently protect the DREAMers, but not touch Trump's Wall at all.

If that bill were to pass, it would remove The Wall funding as a budget hostage. Trump would be sure to veto such a bill, forcing Trump -- who ended their protections in the first place -- to demonstrate more willingness to evict peaceful immigrants brought across the border as children than one would expect from someone who talks about their great compassion. Such as when they say Medicaid work requirements are "an act of true compassion". Which totally happened.

So instead, expect the GOP to block the bill -- despite the vast majority of the USA supporting protection and citizenship for DREAMers, and this is an election year. Most GOP members of Congress do not feel The Wall is worth funding. And, NONE of them in an actual state that'd have The Wall want it. But the GOP needs to protect Trump from acting like Trump, will block the McCain-Coons bill, force DACA back into the budget talks, and based on last time, probably shut down the government again.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Like his base can located UK on map. I am shocked by this. I thought Dotard Donnie was too busy with MAGA. As Schiff would say, once Trump gets around his "executive time", he can perhaps do something..productive?
    It's on the radio news in the UK. Apparently he tweeted this after seeing Nigel Farrage on the US tv making comments about the NHS.

As usual hes pretty much missed the mark with his tweet and the English media response just seems to be a collective facepalm / eyeroll. Sure there were protests but they were more along the line of "Fix this great system we have", no "scrap it , its not working"

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm sure they know what a BBC is. Just not in the context you're talking about.
    To quote Yakko Warner: “...and GOOOOODnight, everybody!” ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's like they're getting dumber and more desperate with every passing day.
    Yep. It's like they don't know that the internet never forgets. Speaking of, guess who tried to delete this tweet:

Yep, Breitbart -- flat-out suggesting that Muslims were coming to take away the Super Bowl.

Also, "turning off super bowl in droves" it was down three percent and still the sixth most watched ever ever.

They deleted that tweet already, apparently it didn't meet their "editorial standards"...which is confusing to me considering they've backed a credible pedophile until the end and were backing an open white supremacist for a while until he got a little too extreme, even for then.

I'm perplexed as to if they are even aware of what "editorial standards" means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    Donald doesn't seem to understand that the UK is protesting to keep the NHS.
    And, just to drive this point home, here's WaPo on the subject.

But the thousands of Britons who took to the streets over the weekend were marching in support of the NHS and calling for greater government funding.

Trump's tweet about Britain’s universal health-care system — once said to be the closest thing that the British have to a national religion — provoked ire from across the political spectrum, including from British Prime Minister Theresa May.

A spokesman for May said that “the prime minister is proud of our NHS, that is free at the point of delivery.” The spokesman said that funding “is at a record high and was prioritized in the budget with an extra 2.8 billion pounds. In the recent Commonwealth Fund international survey, the NHS was rated the best in the world for a second time.”

Jeremy Hunt, Britain’s health secretary, said he is proud to hail from a country where people have coverage “no matter the size of their bank balance.”

Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn of the Labour Party said that Trump was “wrong,” adding: “People were marching because we love our NHS and hate what the Tories are doing to it. Healthcare is a human right.”

The march was called “NHS in crisis: Fix it now” and was organized by the People’s Assembly and Health Campaigns Together. Demonstrators carried placards that read: “NHS: More staff, more beds, more funds” and “Saving lives costs money, Saving money costs lives.”

Responding to Trump’s comments, the march organizers said they were campaigning against a U.S.-style health-care system that they said is “expensive, inefficient and unjust.”
    Read that part. Slowly. Read Trump's tweet. Slowly.

Yes, Trump's rabid fanbase, the people that were protesting, were protesting a system like ours. Trump tweeted support of a protest against his own agenda.

It’s hard to overstate just how proud Britons are of their “free at the point of use” health-care system, established after World War II. Some have pointed out that Britain spends a lower percentage of its GDP on health care than the United States does and that life expectancy is longer in the United Kingdom.

In the opening ceremony for the 2012 London Olympics, the NHS was celebrated with a dance sequence with nurses and patients. In the lead-up to the Brexit vote in June 2016, the pro-Brexit side famously said that leaving the bloc could mean that an extra 350 million pounds ($467 million) a week could be spent on health care.

“We send the EU £350m a week — let’s fund our NHS instead,” was the slogan plastered on the side of a red campaign bus.
    That's right, Farange and the Brexit crowd wanted to use the money saved from leaving the EU, to fund universal health care.

Admit it, rabid fanbase, you elected an inexperienced person who continues to demonstrate that flagrantly on a weekly, if not more, level. You're outmatched by your own chosen leader's lack of knowledge and lack of desire to learn. Not even you can defend his rapidly changing positions, because he doesn't even know what those positions are.

- - - Updated - - -

They deleted that tweet already
    The internet never forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

They deleted that tweet already, apparently it didn't meet their "editorial standards"...which is confusing to me considering they've backed a credible pedophile until the end and were backing an open white supremacist for a while until he got a little too extreme, even for then.

I'm perplexed as to if they are even aware of what "editorial standards" means.
    Realistically, they backed two pedophiles in Roy Moore and Milo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t understand why ratings were so high. I watched it on the iPad for the first time ever, while cooking. I’d regret not watching it, after it was over. But, I expected a 25% fall at least... as I told everyone who asked what I am doing for the game, it’s not watching Patriots steam roll another team. I am glad I was wrong...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand why ratings were so high. I watched it on the iPad for the first time ever, while cooking. I’d regret not watching it, after it was over. But, I expected a 25% fall at least... as I told everyone who asked what I am doing for the game, it’s not watching Patriots steam roll another team. I am glad I was wrong...
    I haven't watched a single SB with the patriots in it since surveillance-gate. Billichek should have been permanently barred from the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I haven't watched a single SB with the patriots in it since surveillance-gate. Billichek should have been permanently barred from the league.
    This one had some fun political undertones. I fully expected Trump to have a meltdown after Patriots lost. Chris Long announced he is not going to White House, just like he didn’t last year. I’ll let you guess why Trump isn’t having a shit fit at Long...

6’3 270... Trump is 6’3 239.

Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-05 at 07:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.axios.com/trump-calls-de...72355bdc6.html

Trump calls Dems “treasonous” for not applauding his State of the Union
    "Even on positive news, really positive news...they were like death. And un-American, un-American. Somebody said treasonous...can we call that treason? Why not...They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."
    And today in, "Trump continues to act like a petty authoritarian", apparently not applauding for his speech = treason.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.axios.com/trump-calls-de...72355bdc6.html

And today in, "Trump continues to act like a petty authoritarian", apparently not applauding for his speech = treason.
    Oh shoot, and I didn't even watch it, that's probably treason too.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently not applauding for his speech = treason.
    Gotta love that "somebody said". Not a Trump speech, unless he makes shit up and blames a nonexistent guy.

Gotta love that "somebody said". Not a Trump speech, unless he makes shit up and blames a nonexistent guy.
    The hallmark of strong leaders - repeating the words of others rather than owning your own words.

Aaaaah. Did the widdle president get his feewings hurt?