Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Is that where Rudy Giuliani is? Cause that guy sure vanished fast.
    I think he's still trying to figure out his password for his government email so he can start working on the cyber-security team he started leading last January!

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...team-for-trump

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Anyone have the over/under on some of the higher ups gathering all their shit and taking an extended vacation to a different country? Preferably one without extradition treaties with the US?
    Not sure I would take any of those bets. I couldn't agree more with your regarding the possibility of some high-ups running for it.

I wonder how many are secretly contacting Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I have three thoughts about the issue.

(1) They are all heading for the hills, not wanting to be in the minority after the coming Blue Tsunami. After all, why spend a few years being "ranking member" when they can get paid more elsewhere?

(2) They are anticipating a Trump impeachment vote later this year, and are lining themselves up to deal with that free of consequences.

(3) They don't want to be around for a Trump impeachment vote next year.

It's strange that even safe Republican districts have people dropping out in such numbers.
    I think it's probably all 3. The house isn't a fun place for the minority party, especially for someone like Gowdy who really seemed to umm, relish leading an investigative committee. Assuming dems take the house, Trump will get impeached. Plus I think they'll use their subpoena power to pay republicans back their Benghazi investigations and drag every member of Trumps family and admin into hearings for the next two years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think it's probably all 3. The house isn't a fun place for the minority party, especially for someone like Gowdy who really seemed to umm, relish leading an investigative committee. Assuming dems take the house, Trump will get impeached. Plus I think they'll use their subpoena power to pay republicans back their Benghazi investigations and drag every member of Trumps family and admin into hearings for the next two years.
    I have to admit I forgot that the Dems will be able to do this - if Gowdy thought the Benghazi hearings were a treat, wait till something of substance come along.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I have this thought in the back of my head that there is a huge avalanche of shit coming from Mueller/other that will really cock up the GOP party as a whole - sort of Cheeto x1,000. If I had to guess (on my thought, lol) I would say that it's a money laundering issue, and a LOT of GOP peeps have been caught (or will be caught) up in the turmoil.

I mean, these are powerful committee chairman resigning. Gowdy said he wanted to go back and practice law. That's such a bullshit answer.
    I can see why you might think that. It's something I had never thought of. I mean GOP congressmen really, really do seem to be going to great lengths to defend Trump. You'd think they would have started to break up with him by now, with them finally passing the tax cuts, healthcare dead, and nothing really big legislatively on the horizon. I think that if that was the case though, (corruption in the GOP on a massive scale) they would just fire Rosenstein, and then be done with the whole thing. It is a very interesting hypothesis though, i have to admit.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Still enough time for a few more Benghazi hearings before he leaves, right?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Wow, I'm honestly startled by the lack of information within the comments on this thread.

From all I can see, it's a complete pile on Gowdy simply because he was a Republican and or because he shit on Hillary Clinton. I'm fucking amazed after all this time people are still so ignorantly bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Wow, I'm honestly startled by the lack of information within the comments on this thread.

From all I can see, it's a complete pile on Gowdy simply because he was a Republican and or because he shit on Hillary Clinton. I'm fucking amazed after all this time people are still so ignorantly bigoted.
    Bullshit. 'Republican + shits on Hillary Clinton' applies to a vast number of right leaning lawmakers; that's not why Gowdy is getting shit on.

It's because of his central role in the Benghazi investigation farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Self analysis is good for the soul. I'm glad that you've finally turned that crafty eye upon yourself.

Since you obviously haven't been paying ANY attention, the Trumpsters have cornered the market on the ignorantly bigoted.

I have this thought in the back of my head that there is a huge avalanche of shit coming from Mueller/other that will really cock up the GOP party as a whole - sort of Cheeto x1,000. If I had to guess (on my thought, lol) I would say that it's a money laundering issue, and a LOT of GOP peeps have been caught (or will be caught) up in the turmoil.

I mean, these are powerful committee chairman resigning. Gowdy said he wanted to go back and practice law. That's such a bullshit answer.
    It's been a nagging thought at the back of my head ever since they mentioned Roger Stone last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    It's been a nagging thought at the back of my head ever since they mentioned Roger Stone last year...
    Gowdy himself had a huge surge of dark money come in during fundraising efforts for 2016 around the same time all "the shit" started happening. People were raising eyebrows about it then but it's been since glossed over with all the Trump shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And it's not just one powerful committee chairman facing a difficult reelection campaign - it's almost a dozen of them, plus the Senators. Something is UP. Trump might end up taking down the entire GOP as it exists now.

#deplorable45

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Gowdy himself had a huge surge of dark money come in during fundraising efforts for 2016 around the same time all "the shit" started happening. People were raising eyebrows about it then but it's been since glossed over with all the Trump shit.
    I didn't see that - was there any specifics or did it just get swept under the rug toupee?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Is that where Rudy Giuliani is? Cause that guy sure vanished fast.
    He seems to have gone radio silent. Probably not a horrible idea for a guy who basically bragged about the FBI virtually campaigning for Trump. So much so that they were leaking him information, according to him.

Given the climate, he better keep hiding like a bitch.

And it's not just one powerful committee chairman facing a difficult reelection campaign - it's almost a dozen of them, plus the Senators. Something is UP. Trump might end up taking down the entire GOP as it exists now.

#deplorable45

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see that - was there any specifics or did it just get swept under the rug toupee?
    Can dig up the articles in a bit, but basically right around the same time as the Russian shenanigans/deals (now that we know the timeline of events,) Trey Gowdy and some other Republicans saw record (for their campaign) last minute surges in fundraising completely out of left field from unknown PACs.

People were skeptical at the time but it got swept under the rug because of Trump's bullshit dominating the headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

#deplorable45
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it was from one of Breccia's or Skroe's posts and I thought about the connecting dots... I started to surmise there might be a lot more links in the chain sometime back in May or June of last year. Just basically patiently waiting for the news to hit. I think it started to hit me when I saw they were using state level law enforcement as well.

edit:
    This isn't the article they had linked but it's the only thing that seems relevant to the time frame.
    http://www.palmerreport.com/politics...nnapolis/2758/

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Bullshit. 'Republican + shits on Hillary Clinton' applies to a vast number of right leaning lawmakers; that's not why Gowdy is getting shit on.

It's because of his central role in the Benghazi investigation farce.
    Man you're so right. Obviously you can answer the following questions then....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it was from one of Breccia's or Skroe's posts and I thought about the connecting dots... I started to surmise there might be a lot more links in the chain sometime back in May or June of last year. Just basically patiently waiting for the news to hit. I think it started to hit me when I saw they were using state level law enforcement as well.

edit:
    This isn't the article they had linked but it's the only thing that seems relevant to the time frame.
    http://www.palmerreport.com/politics...nnapolis/2758/
    No President in history has had so much illegal shit going on in so many areas, that we could forget (well, I did at least, lol) the FBI raidied a political fundraising office.

It would be interesting to put together a thread, perhaps within the "we're taking your President from you" series, that connects some of the more interesting dots. I wonder who would excel at doing that? Hmmmmmm . . . @Breccia.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the NINE investigations did that already? Or is time for #10, lol.

And this guy had years to find those answers and came up empty handed. So yeah, I am right. Thank you.

I'll also note that you didn't actually address the point, which was why people are hating on Gowdy, and instead chose to switch to posting shit about Benghazi itself. Which, ironically, supported exactly what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2018-02-05 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmm . . .
    We've been over this. No more XXX Days posts until all that money I'm owed for protesting flows in.

Honestly, it's a lot of work, and there seems to be more on a constant basis. But, especially after this Nunes "I recused myself from interfering with the investigation, but, here are some things that totally interfere with the investigation" memo, Mueller investigation news will be even tougher to get. The best recent material was Flynn's sentencing being pushed back, which pretty much everyone cite-worthy said "because he's still talking".

I'm not an expert. I'm intelligent, informed, and willing to look things up I don't know. So is 75% of this forum. Most of us aren't lawyers or actually in politics, and some of the people here who claim to be are quite possibly lying. My job requires the ability to cite and summarize, and I'm going to keep doing that. But if you're looking for a "data dive" of all the, say, Mueller news so far, at best I'll have to stand on the shoulders of giants.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We've been over this. No more XXX Days posts until all that money I'm owed for protesting flows in.

Honestly, it's a lot of work, and there seems to be more on a constant basis. But, especially after this Nunes "I recused myself from interfering with the investigation, but, here are some things that totally interfere with the investigation" memo, Mueller investigation news will be even tougher to get. The best recent material was Flynn's sentencing being pushed back, which pretty much everyone cite-worthy said "because he's still talking".

I'm not an expert. I'm intelligent, informed, and willing to look things up I don't know. So is 75% of this forum. Most of us aren't lawyers or actually in politics, and some of the people here who claim to be are quite possibly lying. My job requires the ability to cite and summarize, and I'm going to keep doing that. But if you're looking for a "data dive" of all the, say, Mueller news so far, at best I'll have to stand on the shoulders of giants.
    You are right, of course. But I think I can speak for most/all of us here, those XXX Days posts were fantastic. I also realize how much work went into them, so this subtle request was always going to be wishful thinking.

Still . . . retroactive kudos.