Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    You need to question how replayable it really is. 1-60 zones are pretty smooth even if they take sometime. However the issues with leveling become apparent once you get into Northrend and later xpacs. I am not counting Outland because it is just too dated and obviously has issues.

WoD has also been quite overtuned and became a slog.
    Wod hasn't changed, it was always crappy to level through.

as i said above power leveling is faster than before 7.3.5. dunno if blizzard expected this or atleast this is how i felt during the entire process. enjoying my new heritage armor for all that hate doing the same shit all over again just get a buddy to boost you quick and stop the moaning.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Wod hasn't changed, it was always crappy to level through.
    Disagree personally. WoD was in no way an amazing expansion but in terms of leveling I found it smooth and fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I thought the casuals were the people that preferred easy leveling?
    ca·su·al
    ˈkaZHo͞oəl/
    adjective
    1. Used to describe any group that holds an opinion varying from that of the OP.

I think it would be quite hilarious for the vast majority of people to start participating on the forums (and fan forums) of a game just so that people like this OP could see how out of touch with the player base he (and I'm sure his equally obnoxious guild) actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest I don't mind it but I wish mobs hit for more for that sense of danger. Elites already hit like a truck for the most part so the danger is there for those but I just don't feel it with normal mobs.

And as I said I think getting rid of the XP perks was silly. So what if someone wants to zoom through it?
    Well i do wish they did it the other way around. Where things died at a slightly but simular pace as before but did far more damage and were a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    What my argument boils down to is that you can clear the current raid on mythic in less time than it takes to level 2 characters from 1 to 110 which IMO is bullshit.
    This is incorrect. I cannot clear the current raid on Mythic in less time than it takes me to level two characters to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Leveling is a worst part of the game. Get rid of it.
    Nothing but greed is stopping Blizzard from adding button for a choise for instant 110 lvl on character creation screens for everyone at this time.
    I think we should go a step further. Playing the game is the worst part of the game. Just give us everything.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Don't resort to absolutes. NOTHING in this game is even remotely hard. What my argument boils down to is that you can clear the current raid on mythic in less time than it takes to level 2 characters from 1 to 110 which IMO is bullshit. Raiding is the real meat of this game, not leveling. If leveling was always as tedious as it is right now, nobody would have complained. No one likes it when things that were previously quick and easy suddenly become tedious.
    "Don't resort to absolutes" --> immediately resorts to absolutes.

Nice.

OT: I've been playing since 2006 and I'm currently leveling 2 new toons despite having every class at max, and I believe the leveling changes are the single best update this game has ever received.

I was damn near squealing when there were lv33-36 world PvP skirmishes in Stromgarde the entire time I was there, it was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I thought the casuals were the people that preferred easy leveling?
    Easy, yes, long not necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    If you're anything close to "hardcore" in wow you already have every class leveled...
    This is true. However, people want that heritage armor.

I am doing only 1/4 allied races and the leveling is really really boring. I have been there, done that SO many times. Why did they have to make it take longer? Seriously mobs that used to drop so fast take forever to drop making leveling take that much longer. Also no more XP potions...that really sucks.

I understand that people want quick, easy access to alts, but having the whole 1-109 game be trivial nothing in response to that is perhaps not the answer. I think the game should be a game at all snapshots of what it is. The One Punch Man Simulator we had from 2010 onward was pretty not fun too... and I barely leveled anything other than what Blizz gave me in free boosts... running around tapping things while watching Netflix was kind of an insult to my time and honestly directly pushed me to FFXIV since I felt like while I was playing that game, it actually had my attention. I have yet to use my 110 boost now, because as of 7.3.5, I look at a character and think "Hmmm... I think it'd be fun to run around and play that guy"

As far as it compares to other MMOs, or RPGs... WoW is still pretty fast, easy, and painless to level in comparison. A 40 playtime on an RPG is not a big deal, and actually comes off on the short side.

I also wouldn't sneeze at the gold for boosts idea - with the amount of free gold Blizzard throws at my 6 110s, I've had my sub time maxed and had hundreds of dollars of Blizzbucks... and I never farm, ever. I just check my phone when I poop, and spend 20-30 minutes once a week dumping profession stuff off into profitable things - I buy a token roughly once a week or faster. There's no reason to hoard gold, because it's terrible at retaining its value - at Legion start 60k would get you a token, now its 190k. I've bought BfA Collector's Edition, Destiny 2, server transfers, Overwatch loot, 2 Hearthstone expansion 50 packs, etc with Blizzbucks. Buying boosts with gold is a very real, very easy alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They are clearly looking to add more and more classic-like philosophy to the game.
    You misspelled "paid services". You must be extremely naive to think they did this because of philosophy, especially when they just announced vanila servers where you can experience it authentically. This is clearly a new form of forcing players into paid character boosts if they don't wanna suffer the 5-6-7-8-9-Xth time with leveling

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If playing the game is that much of a chore, buy a fucking boost. Get over it.
    b-b-but muh heritage armorz.

Jk Idc. Lot of others do though apparently.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    this current lvling isn't really helping much, it doesn't teach you mechanics it doesn't teach you your class, it just takes longer and thats it. Like the majority of people who will hit 110 with this new lvling are still going to somehow do 400k or less dps in raids. Like I did RFD and got the last boss, it did some mechanic where it placed a beam on a player that pulsed aoe and that hit the raid, you know what we did? nothing absolutely nothing, the healer could easily outheal its dmg and nobodoy learned anything about the boss cept that it took longer to kill then before patch....you know what would actually let people learn their class? not pruning everything and making the only relevant major things to the specs exist in the current lvl bracket or 100-110 for example.

Try playing a spriest for example without void torrent and the traits and procs from the spriest artifact, you don't learn shit about how a spriest works functions and such no matter how long you lvl as one, all you learn is that dots last longer on mobs.

Also on the front of "adventures" the story of this game in terms of playing through it is absolutely horrid, does any new player even fully learn about the scarlet halls before they hop in the que for it? no they don't because it just randomly appears in their que and is available to que for you do no preques no matter how easy to unlock them like in FF14 it has no context unless you fully dig for it.

TLDR: if they truly want lvling to matter for all in this game stop with the pruning make lvling actually involve learning your class and make the story fully coherent from lvl 1 to lvl 110.
    Last edited by Dugna; 2018-02-05 at 09:30 PM.

I find it hard to believe that Blizzard made this change to encourage the sale of boosts, and then made the primary reason you'd want to buy boosts (heritage armor) not available through boosts. It's almost as if they saw this cropping up and immediately pre-empted it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    "hardcore casual" made me laugth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I honestly couldn't give a shit if levelling took two times more because the main thing in thsi revamp was that I get to do the new loremaster quests. I had been waiting it for years.
    Hmm now, I hadn't thought of that.

Don't resort to absolutes. NOTHING in this game is even remotely hard. What my argument boils down to is that you can clear the current raid on mythic in less time than it takes to level 2 characters from 1 to 110 which IMO is bullshit. Raiding is the real meat of this game, not leveling. If leveling was always as tedious as it is right now, nobody would have complained. No one likes it when things that were previously quick and easy suddenly become tedious.
    The problem with Blizzard is they never find the middle ground when it comes to levelling. They either make it to quick or to slow, which causes people to moan. If i'm being honest, I prefer the change, its slowed it down from being rediculously to quick.

There are alot of people that play WoW, everybody has an opinion on what is the best way for levelling to work. However, OP looks to be an hardcore raider that wants levelling to be fast. Does that mean other players must put up with fast levelling to please that type of player. Just the same as hardcore casuals want levelling to be slower so they can enjoy the levelling through each zone. Just because 1 part of the player base wants something, doesn't mean they should get there own way!!!!

Blizzard just seriously need to find the middle ground when it comes to changing the way levelling works, there not there yet but there heading in the right way in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    -Boosts come into the shop and some weeks later leveling an alt was stupidly easy with the pre legion event (I pushed 5 chars to 100 with a normal work/life schedule).
    But of course folks screamed p2w

-The Levelprocess gets kinda reworked and since months it is clear that heritage armor is only obtainable by leveling "manually" as an incentive
    But of course folks scream p2w

The whole "Blizzard wants to increase boosts sold" conspiracy is just dumb already because of this 2 points.

Like, there are even several reports that the leveling by questing (with heirlooms) time to hit max level has not even increased that much, around 10-20%.
    From 1 to 60 in fact the needed time is the same because the higher hp, heirloom nerf and xp needed per level increase have been offset by scaling and less traveling around.

Folks are just pissed that they can't brain-afk through lfd anymore, that's a pretty sad picture of the community.

I don't enjoy leveling either, it's old and outdated, reading questtexts is only feasible with addons for me because the standard quest window is just trash for 2018 or... well, the fact that you have to read everything compared to newer games like sw:tor doesn't help the storytelling either.

But why would I care? got all classes to 100 in Wod, and im guessing there will be an pre-event to level fast again before Bfa.

And even though i got all classes to cap because it was an easy opportunity, do you really need that? I certainly can't play more than 2-3 charachters actively and i don't need the flavor of the month class lol.
    Last edited by mmoc43c2267131; 2018-02-05 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    ca·su·al
    ˈkaZHo͞oəl/
    adjective
    1. Used to describe any group that holds an opinion varying from that of the OP.

I think it would be quite hilarious for the vast majority of people to start participating on the forums (and fan forums) of a game just so that people like this OP could see how out of touch with the player base he (and I'm sure his equally obnoxious guild) actually are.
    Totally agree with you ^^