Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good Expansion with a shit end raid.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never really really hated it like some. Something I can say about it is that it's probably one of the last expansions where I actively saw relevant content from start to finish whereas with MoP and beyond I've been on an erratic break schedules during and in between tier content to the point where I can't even remember the last AHotC achievements. It's also when my old guild and friends were still actively raiding.

Maybe it's because I was younger but maybe that's the point.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

No i dont think it has imo

Dragon Soul is still the worst raid of all time and the whole xpac is still my second least favourite of all time.

Thrall becoming Jesus destroyed his character in cata and the rehashes of ZG and ZA was unnecessary especially after it was only a few months after they was removed.

The whole xpac seemed to promise so much but didn't deliver but i still say its better than that shit show WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Good Expansion with a shit end raid.
    Pretty much what I was thinking back in the day and what I'm thinking about it right now.

My main gripe about cata was how they turned holy priets into the most boring healer IMO and how my resto druid was weak in so many raid. Well that Xpack made me quite the shaman class and I never came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was dogshit at the time. Then everything since then came out. It's still ass compared to vanilla/BC/Wotlk, but it was better than anything that came after (yes even MoP, that shit was garbage). So I guess yeah it changed in relative terms because there's been so much crap the last several years.

Nope, I still hate it and still think that it's the worst expansion ever, even worse than WoD.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two bad parts I remember.
    Zul'again,
    And Dragon Soul as the patch were the only new thing to see were the two Deathwing Fights.

But Cataclysm wasn't a bad game, it was just a bad WoW expansion in comparsion to the previous ones - measuring it by it's final patches, of course. And, compared to WoD, it was a deluxe experience.

I'm with the OP on the visual aspects of the post-Cata world. it's ugly and some awesome places are just gone.

Cata did bring Dwarf Shamans though so it can't be all bad.

It was my 3rd favorite expansion really great foundation but blizzard failed to deliver on an amazing base. The game was almost perfected at the start but they tried to do a 180 and that damaged the game a lot.

It had less content that warlords overall but it gave people a reason to go to outdated content.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-05 at 09:41 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Nope. Liked it back then, still like it now.

It was a good expansion

But the last patch was not great

Sadly people tend to remember the ending of things more strongly and probably didn't help Dragon Soul was out for almost a year to rub it in.

Also WOD was great for the first few months, but nothing really happened with it... Like the same thing for 2 years. Also part of why people don't remember it well.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-02-05 at 09:42 PM.

I don't know. I still feel that cata rework did a great job in some zones..in others it was meh at worst so overall it is okayish. However.. Cata leveling zones (80+) are one of the best in the whole WoW..so I still like Cata very much.

Nah, my opinion remains the same : Cataclysm was terrible. It had potential, but unfortunately there was no reason for already-leveled characters to go to older parts of the world and experience the revamp, so a lot of it (while well-intentioned) ended up being a waste. Add to that slapdash player models for Worgen, a ghosted raid, a terrible end-boss encounter and meandering to downright awful writing and, well, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I never had a problem with the revamping of the world. Leveling alts now I'm very glad that Cataclysm allowed for more time efficient questing in the old world areas.

However, I still consider Cataclysm a dark spot in WoW's history for the "get good or don't queue at all" ethic that it pushed in its dungeons until the hour of twilight. As if overcorrecting from WOTLK's addition of the dungeon finder, Cataclysm looked to say "waaaait, just because you can all queue doesn't mean you all belong here," and that was a huge turnoff, and a big mistake. Ultimately, Cataclysm "not having dungeons" for my laid back crew that played so much together in WOTLK saw us visit other games from mid-cataclysm until the announcement of Legion.
    The normal mode dungeons were not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I don't know. I still feel that cata rework did a great job in some zones..in others it was meh at worst so overall it is okayish. However.. Cata leveling zones (80+) are one of the best in the whole WoW..so I still like Cata very much.
    I loved and hate it the game is less confusing but they made the questing experience a roller coaster. It's not really an open world when you need to talk to an npc to even pick up quest or reach certain zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Nah, my opinion remains the same : Cataclysm was terrible. It had potential, but unfortunately there was no reason for already-leveled characters to go to older parts of the world and experience the revamp, so a lot of it (while well-intentioned) ended up being a waste. Add to that slapdash player models for Worgen, a ghosted raid, a terrible end-boss encounter and meandering to downright awful writing and, well, there it is.
    Transmog was added in cata which has created the biggest incentive to go back to the older world.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-05 at 09:47 PM.

Warlords had better raids, but it missed a tier.
    Warlords failed with Apexis quests as "dailies".
    Cataclysm fixed levels 1-60.
    Cataclysm had molten front.
    Cataclysm failed by crushing 25man raid guilds.

Warlords remains the worst expansion, followed by Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Nope, it is still garbage, my least favourite expansion together with WoD

I never got the unrelenting hatred towards Cata. Some zones were a flop, yes, but overall the revamp was a massive improvement. The raids were superb, even dragon soul. The problem with dragon soul is that it lasted so long. Even ICC, which many claim to be the best raid ever was just plain boring after 40 odd clears. People look back at ICC with rose tinted goggles in my opinion. There has never been a bad raid in wow, that's one of the reasons wow is the most successful MMO. The best of anything is shit after a year long grind though.

Some of my fondest memories are from Cata, it depends entirely on the company you keep. My guild disbanded after clearing Dragon Soul, some went to SWTOR, some stopped playing MMO's all together. I've not been as happy in a guild since then. The best company brings back the best memories for me, and that's what made cata the best expansion for me. Raids are the same shit with a different dressing half the time, for me it's the people I'm with that make it great. -- At-least the 2 Deathwing encounters were a completely original concept, whether you enjoyed them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Transmog was added in cata which has created the biggest incentive to go back to the older world.
    True, but that only applies for people who are into transmog enough to go through old quest chains in their entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    True, but that only applies for people who are into transmog enough to go through old quest chains in their entirety.
    True but that's a lot of people. I won't disagree that they could do more.