Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    A Savannah http://www.a1savannahs.com/

Or a Werewolf (Lykoi):

The Werewolf. Lol! A really odd looking cat, but you can see where they get the name. Not at all pretty however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

:P

Honestly, I don't recommend blues. I'd say it was just bad luck on our part, but after reading up on the breed their personality sounds exactly like the one we adopted. Generally, not personable cats. Ours would prefer not to have anything to do with anyone, us or other cats.

Black cats are fantastic as are tuxedo. They are the most loving and intelligent cats I've owned. Sadly, black cats are the least adopted and the most euthanized due to ridiculous reasons like superstitions or not taking good selfies (which is BS).

I really wanted a lynx point Siamese before I adopted my two black boys. I still think they're beautiful cats, but we had one on trial from a local shelter and, unfortunately, he wasn't the type of cat we wanted either. Between that experience and our blue I became a lot less interested in breed and appearance than personality. (However, if you're stuck on a breed please check your local shelters, many of them do have purebreds or close to it.)

Our solid black one was the most loving cat we have ever had. He hated dogs however. But he loved us. Not strangers that much. And yeah the black cat phobia is nonsense.

After owning two cats I decided that I am a dog person. Not that cats are bad, but I like owning furniture that doesn't have claw marks in it.

Kitten pics from a couple of months ago, he's 7 months and 12 pounds of muscle now. Think he's a Bengal mix, he has a spotted belly.

Overall my favorite cat breed is probably Maine Coon due to size and temperament. Servals/Savannahs look cool but from what I hear they are a pain in the ass (so are Bengals btw).

I want this beast.

Our cat, which is a Maine Coon mix we rescued. We have a holding pond behind our house with a little wetlands, so she's always bringing us presents. Our neighbors love her, since we moved in they haven't had to set vole traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    cats are evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    After owning two cats I decided that I am a dog person. Not that cats are bad, but I like owning furniture that doesn't have claw marks in it.

Kitten pics from a couple of months ago, he's 7 months and 12 pounds of muscle now. Think he's a Bengal mix, he has a spotted belly.

Overall my favorite cat breed is probably Maine Coon due to size and temperament. Servals/Savannahs look cool but from what I hear they are a pain in the ass (so are Bengals btw).

I want this beast.
    is that alleria?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

I want this beast.
    Lol.The Maine Coon cat. You better wrap some metal around your furniture legs if you get one of those. I think male cats in general are more easy going and affectionate. It is the females which seem to be more unpredictable and temperamental. At least from our experience.

I like the tribe of feral cats that live in my forest and keep there from being any obnoxious racket in the mornings.

I turned the garden shed into a warm, safe place for them to go.

One of said cats has since decided that it wants to live in the house and now does.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is a red haired Maine Coon. Why? Because I had one for almost 20 years before someone walking their dog off the leed let it come into my yard and maul my cat to death. She spent her last days at the vet with a broken back and confused.

It some ways I am glad it was just my cat. If it was two doors up it would have been my friends 3 year old daughter instead.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    My favorite is a red haired Maine Coon. Why? Because I had one for almost 20 years before someone walking their dog off the leed let it come into my yard and maul my cat to death. She spent her last days at the vet with a broken back and confused.

It some ways I am glad it was just my cat. If it was two doors up it would have been my friends 3 year old daughter instead.
    That is horrible! What happened to the dumb-ass man and his dog? And 20 years is a long life for a cat. But still a horrible way for them to die. If I was outside and that happened, I would run back in my house, got my firearm and shot the dog. And if the guy tried to attack me, shot him too. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is horrible! What happened to the dumb-ass man and his dog? And 20 years is a long life for a cat. But still a horrible way for them to die. If I was outside and that happened, I would run back in my house, got my firearm and shot the dog. And if the guy tried to attack me, shot him too. :P
    Filed a complaint to the local council. The dog was never allowed outside of its backyard without a lead and muzzle. They also had to pay for all the vet fees which was quite a few grand.

I did get to hit the dog with a bit of 4x2 before the owner pulled it off. Broke the dogs jaw.
    Aye mate

I have an affinity towards dogs, but I do own and have owned cats... nothing specific, they're typically mixes from unwanted litters off friends/neighbours or strays found.

Really bugs the hell out of me that people around my area "adopt" my cats though... had one particular one for the past few years that I was fond of, and was a real beaut, but someone kept feeding and keeping her in... goes to show how disloyal they are.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-06 at 02:35 AM.

Deleted
    we got a few cat claw-scratching toys for our cat and he have never ever scratched any furniture or anything.

Siamese

/purr

my favourite cat ive owned was a chocolate burmese female, she was a bit of a princess but one of the smartest cats ive met and very loyal

Personality > breed though

I don't have a favourite breed, what I always did was go to a shelter and select some by gut feeling. I like all cats, but some need a home more urgently, I.e. Those who are already old or have some issues and nobody wants. I always pick those up, which is probably why I got often told that my cats behave like dogs.

I really want a Savannah, but my state is stupid and doesn't allow it (but will allow a 99% wolf mix).

I'll probably just settle for a Bengal, or now that I know about them, Egyptian Mau.

Main Coon. How could you not want one of these giant balls of fluff?
    Last edited by oplawlz; 2018-02-06 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Oops, pasted the wrong link xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Bengal is my favorite, especially mine! I just built him a new house and he wants to sit in the box.

Last edited by Jaynith; 2018-02-06 at 03:15 AM.

I'm absolutely head over heels for Ragdolls. They're just the chillest fluff balls around and If you love cuddling look no further. I still miss mine every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The grey looking part Lynx is awesome looking. Ours looked something like him, just as fluffy, ear hairs tuffs not as long as this one, but his fangs would have been easily seen protruding over his lower lip.
    Beautiful cat though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

:P

Honestly, I don't recommend blues. I'd say it was just bad luck on our part, but after reading up on the breed their personality sounds exactly like the one we adopted. Generally, not personable cats. Ours would prefer not to have anything to do with anyone, us or other cats.

Black cats are fantastic as are tuxedo. They are the most loving and intelligent cats I've owned. Sadly, black cats are the least adopted and the most euthanized due to ridiculous reasons like superstitions or not taking good selfies (which is BS).

I really wanted a lynx point Siamese before I adopted my two black boys. I still think they're beautiful cats, but we had one on trial from a local shelter and, unfortunately, he wasn't the type of cat we wanted either. Between that experience and our blue I became a lot less interested in breed and appearance than personality. (However, if you're stuck on a breed please check your local shelters, many of them do have purebreds or close to it.)

I like your Russian Blue he looks like he knows how to chillax he looks like he’s thinking “ What do you want from me”. Lol
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    cats are evil.

- - - Updated - - -

is that alleria?
    Yes he is out causing trouble as we speak.