Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You just said perception was more important than actual facts
    Incorrect... that's NOT what I said.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    EXACTLY my point. I might feel the difference in a 3 degree temperature drop. But it's unlikely to make me uncomfortable with the temperature was at a good place before.
    Sure, but what if you were already feeling chilly, and a little uncomfortable? Now drop the temp 3 more degrees. Maybe I'll decide it's not worth playing outside, and I just head back to the house.

IMO, Diablo 3 does it right. I got plenty of friends who want to play the story and couldn't care less what level they are. Those players politely turn down offers to power level and enjoy playing at their pace.

Other players aren't there for the story, they are there for the leaderboards. They can level 1-70 in a few hours, and if you have someone who is already maxed out who will run you through T6, or have twinked gear, or twink gear and a high level friend, you can level 1-70 in less than 15 minutes.

It's a crazy concept, but it's almost like, you can decide what play style is most fun for you...since it's subjective after all.

I've been changing SFK and getting a level a run from 20-50 so far at 5 hours 44 minutes. 3-4 minutes a run with a Havok DH. Did some testing running in BS outside BRM on those 3 instant re-spawn packs, but it was way too crowded.

SFK works great because you have 2 bonus bosses you don't have too move your other character away from the door and he'll get all the exp in the instance unlike ZF. Wasted a better part of 2 hours testing out ZF and that BRM spots.

Leveling's a grind. Most posters have ideology revolving around grinds (less, more, vanilla) so it's basically impossible to satisfy what is essentially incompatible views about grinding (and by extension, leveling).

Blizzard loses either way.

I just hope the leveling grind is enjoyable for all pre and post level 'nerf.'
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Incorrect... that's NOT what I said.
    No but it is what you implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenrx View Post
    I've been changing SFK and getting a level a run from 20-50 so far at 5 hours 44 minutes.
    Oh god it is so boring doing a variety of things in a variety of places to quest up and level.

SOLUTION: Let's repeat the SAME activity in the SAME place over 30 times

When did rationality leave the building ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No but it is what you implied.
    Not even what I implied...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Leveling's a grind.
    I can't fathom how levelling (a variety of activities in different places) is a grind, yet raiding the same boss every week isn't.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    From my personal experience, everything up to 50 felt like it went at a decent speed. 50-60 seemed to take forever. Currently 65 on my nightborne right now and 60-65 flew by. Heck, I managed to do 60-65 in borean tundra alone, and that's without heirlooms.
    The issue is, lower levels are designed without mounts in mind. So you get more clustered quests.

When you get to 40-60, they expect you to have a mount, so the questing is more spread out and it is slower, even with the proper mount.

60-70 is relatively quick if you do the Wrath starter areas, as again, they are aimed at not being able to fly, so more clustered quests, less spread out.

Even with proper clustering, the XP at higher levels from quests begins to drastically drop off compared to how much is required for a level.

Oh god it is so boring doing a variety of things in a variety of places to quest up and level.

- - - Updated - - -

How many alts do you have?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I can't fathom how levelling (a variety of activities in different places) is a grind, yet raiding the same boss every week isn't.

I meant like alt holics and people who like rerolling every now and then.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

How many alts do you have?
    I had to delete a level 13 mage to make room for my void elf.

I think I have 8 at 100 or 110. Make that 6 if we take away the two boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    u r not to believe, cuz u claim that ur info has been datamined on wowhead while all ur claims r easy to falsify via mmoc if u scroll down most lvls have been increased between 40 -60%.

also mob health:

Vanilla - 288% increase @ lvl 63. 25% at lvl 10, 119% @ lvl 20, 183% @ lvl 30, 222% @ lvl 40, 263% @ lvl 50
    Burning Crusade - 261% increase @ lvl 73, 310% @ lvl 65
    Wrath of the Lich King - 237% increase @ lvl 83, 291% @ lvl 75
    Cataclysm - 185% increase @ lvl 88, 228% @ lvl 85
    Mists of Pandaria - 341% @ lvl 93
    Warlords - 92% increase @ lvl 103

i wont speculate about ur intentions, but u r a real shitposter.
    You lack reading comprehension don't you? And the ability to spell. I didn't say that they didn't increased the amount of EXP to level. I stated that in addition to this quests and kills give more EXP. This compensates for the increase kill time, and increase EXP required to level. . Which was dataminded. Please just stop.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

I meant like alt holics and people who like rerolling every now and then.
    The game NEEDS to be designed for a single player playing a single character FIRST.
    There are heaps of catch up mechanics for alts already, even after some of them were nerfed.

Right now - the only alt issue I have is probably alt rep at max level, which has SFA to do with levelling.

Leveling might well be slower than it was a couple of weeks ago.

It's still insanely fast. I'm leveling a Void Elf and going through old world zones like Dustwallow Marsh, I do still remember the days when the world record time for leveling 1-60 was over 100 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This^ /tenchars
    Slower does not mean worse. No one explained why slower makes it worse other than "I want to hit cap asap!" Which isn't really a valid reason. It's all this "I want it NOW" going on. It's a thing common in children. I don't understand why it's so common with adults now as well. Something you well should grow out of. I did. When I was 12 I was "Want it now!" but not really anymore. I'm not going to complain if they make it faster, but not gonna complain if its even slower. I just don't see the point, or how it ruins the levelling experience.

Deleted
    Overall i'd say the majority has an issue that the previously fastest method of brain-afk leveling by chaining random dungeon runs.
    It has become harder to just chain-pull the whole dungeon and mow it down, while other ways of leveling have been made more lucrative, to give the players more choice.

I had to delete a level 13 mage to make room for my void elf.

I think I have 8 at 100 or 110. Make that 6 if we take away the two boosts.
    I've got 15 at 110 and 2 at 100, but I don't mind camping in one place to do all my leveling. I would have thought anyone over 6 alts would just want to get though the leveling experience as fast as possible.

I can see how it would be slow leveling questing. Although it will never be as bad as it was before heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling's a grind. Most posters have ideology revolving around grinds (less, more, vanilla) so it's basically impossible to satisfy what is essentially incompatible views about grinding (and by extension, leveling).

Blizzard loses either way.

I just hope the leveling grind is enjoyable for all pre and post level 'nerf.'
    Grinding is an MMO staple/feature. It just seems like some people are against grinding. But with that all I have to say is maybe MMO's aren't for you? You're not going to find an MMO without grind. In fact compared to Asian MMOs wow has basically no grind.

It definitely feels slower. That's not entirely a bad thing at lower levels, but Blizzard could easily speed it up by 30-35%.

I would have thought anyone over 6 alts would just want to get though the leveling experience as fast as possible..
    I've watched 'Serenity' 6 times and the entire season of Firefly 4 times.

Why would I want to even bother doing either if I had them on fast forward.

No - for some bizarre reason I consider this to be a game, and there are pretty much two possibilities:

1. I don't enjoy something --> I don't do it
    2. I do enjoy something --> I do it

The concept of doing something I don't enjoy in a game seems distinctly silly. I have a job for that

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    If it's slower, but he doesn't feel the difference, where's the problem?
    The problem is that "feeling" that it's not slower doesn't mean that it isn't.